What information would you like in this forum?

The aim of this forum is to encourage some of our dedicated UK traders to consider trading US stocks. For the last few months I have been paper trading US stocks, and have been absolutely amazed at how fun and fast-moving the markets are on the other side of the pond.

As an example, have a look at the intraday chart for Broadcom Corporation (BRCM) - there is as much movement of the share price in one day as we would expect to see in one month on a non-FTSE100 stock.

If you don't have AIQ RT for Nasdaq, take a look at the charts using http://www.bigcharts.com

However, a question: what information would you like to see posted in this forum? Let us know, and we'll try to provide it.

Skim

Sharky

Admin
5,498 272
My thoughts on US Trading

Perhaps a discussion on the pros and cons of trading US.

Advantages I can see are:

1. The US Market is much more liquid, and as a result TA works better, spread tend to be smaller, and there are less big sudden movements.

2. No Stamp Duty, are there any other tax breaks I wonder?

3. Comissions tend to be less, and there's also the possibility to direct access trade where you can buy on the bid and sell on the ask, effectively becoming a marktet maker.

4. You can trade in the evenings if you work during the day.

Disadvantages:

1. If your broker is in the US it may be more difficult to get hold of them if you need help. But it seems that a log of UK brokers now offer US trading.

2. Unfamiliarity, you may not have heard of a lot of the US companies, and you don't see them mentioned every day in the papers, on the internet and on TV.

Have I missed anything out?

Personally, I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. That's why I've opened a US trading acc recently, and haven't used DLJ Direct for months.

Pigsy.