what if investment stuck in gold

handre

Hi,

Gold market fluctuating more and my investment totally stuck so what should be done?

thanks

+1 to getting rid of it.

You can consider options to weather out short-term fluctuations if you have a long-term bias.

now that is the classic Trading dilemma ...........welcome to the club !

personally you need to set very clear rules before "trading" in anything ....from financial markets to cars to houses and to any Assets or possessions in fact

The act of trading is to buy and sell and make a profit in the process

you need to ask yourself what the probability is that your Gold will provide you with a profit ...and when....??

if you believe it will (and you can sustain the opportunity cost of carrying the trade) then stay in it

if you dont then sell it !

if you are 50/50 then sell half of it to release captial to trade elsewhere...if possible

up to you........and dont worry about losses ....I had to take such a decision on a House I bought at the top of the market in 2007 but really needed to move it by 2009.......I got killed on the sale price but needed the capital for something else that has made it back .........(and you cant really sell 50% of a house)

swings and roundabouts then and dont beat yourself up ..........sell up and move on !

N

gold is the best market

Yeah buy more loads! now a days gold is the best market trade investment...

he must be feeling a little happier now ....surely ?

Gold is golden long

buy more, loads of it

Yea, gold is golden long. This exorbitant QE will catch up with the price. Keep buying, take profits with the aim of re-loading during pullbacks. Don't sweat your losses, whatever you do do not get wiped out if you are playing with leverage. So in your big picture keep in mind to restrain your risk so you don't get wiped out if the price dips near support around $1,200. Anticipate holding losses for up to 3 years in a "conservative" worst case scenario.

I think gold is likely to climb upwards of $2,200 at some point before Obama leaves office. A more appropriate valuation is around $2,500. Gold value is being kept down artificially. This will not last, big money can't seem to get enough of gold and will blast the price off in order to take big profits, China most notably will not allow the price to stay in this range for an overly-extended period of time. Once we potentially get back up above $2,000 during the next major bear cycle gold production will be increased, the FED will slow its' role and gold value will fall back down. But as for current long-term prospects gold could not be in a much better position.

Gold is in a bubble that is due to inflate until the FED changes its' policies. All signs point to this year being the ground floor for gold loaders.

Yea, gold is golden long. This exorbitant QE will catch up with the price. Keep buying, take profits with the aim of re-loading during pullbacks. Don't sweat your losses, whatever you do do not get wiped out if you are playing with leverage. So in your big picture keep in mind to restrain your risk so you don't get wiped out if the price dips near support around $1,200. Anticipate holding losses for up to 3 years in a "conservative" worst case scenario.

I think gold is likely to climb upwards of $2,200 at some point before Obama leaves office. A more appropriate valuation is around $2,500. Gold value is being kept down artificially. This will not last, big money can't seem to get enough of gold and will blast the price off in order to take big profits, China most notably will not allow the price to stay in this range for an overly-extended period of time. Once we potentially get back up above $2,000 during the next major bear cycle gold production will be increased, the FED will slow its' role and gold value will fall back down. But as for current long-term prospects gold could not be in a much better position.

Gold is in a bubble that is due to inflate until the FED changes its' policies. All signs point to this year being the ground floor for gold loaders.

I tend to take the view of a trend follower - if it goes up buy it.....if it goes down sell it ......if it is doing nothing ...trade elsewhere ;)

N

I tend to take the view of a trend follower - if it goes up buy it.....if it goes down sell it ......if it is doing nothing ...trade elsewhere ;)

N

Not a bad philosophy, short-term buy signals will be coming in soon.

Personally I prefer to stay ahead of the curve.

I like to have some time to soak up a position.

Wow that is a very bullish post mate, I’m guessing you are Long, very Long? I agree with you in the most part regarding Gold, I think it has so real good upside potential, whether it can reach $2000 let alone $2500 is something I’m not overly convinced about, but I suppose only time will tell. I always think trading on leverage for the ‘longer’ term is a dangerous game and much prefer to trade on a far shorter basis where leverage is concerned. Good post though mate, I enjoyed reading it and hope to ride the gold wave if your price predictions ring ture.

The market is short on the medium term outlook 12-24 months. So if you investment is short - hold.

If long, close.

If you don't know what the market is doing - also close.

just my view.

Wow that is a very bullish post mate, I’m guessing you are Long, very Long? I agree with you in the most part regarding Gold, I think it has so real good upside potential, whether it can reach $2000 let alone $2500 is something I’m not overly convinced about, but I suppose only time will tell. I always think trading on leverage for the ‘longer’ term is a dangerous game and much prefer to trade on a far shorter basis where leverage is concerned. Good post though mate, I enjoyed reading it and hope to ride the gold wave if your price predictions ring ture.

I'm relatively confident gold will hit $1,500 before it hits $1,100. And that before being the YTD. People that can tolerate high risk can make a boatload of %'s on gold regardless of the short-term ups and downs if they use a reasonable amount of leverage. It doesn't take that much talent, just take intermediate profits and don't load a line that would get you wiped out if the price dipped near $1,000, however unlikely that scenario might be.

My equity on a gold account blew up 500% on the 18th after the FEDS announcement. There are more gains to come. The price corrected too sharply to hold down for much longer. Big money must have an aggressive stance on gold long.

It looks like gold is in for its' biggest extension since the bottom yet. Happy trading. :clover:

The market is short on the medium term outlook 12-24 months. So if you investment is short - hold.

If long, close.

If you don't know what the market is doing - also close.

just my view.

That type of herd perspective is how you get burned. I can imagine you being short in the short-term outlook 1-4 weeks but for the year?

How can you possibly not expect gold to break resistances by this time next year? :p

The markets is always right, It don't matter what I think.

The market is short gold.

Note with all the debt crisis in the US gold can't even hold it's head above water, the pro's are monkey hammering into any gold rallies still.

Interpretation ? Market still short gold.