what if investment stuck in gold

spinola

Established member
614 138
The market is short on the medium term outlook 12-24 months. So if you investment is short - hold.

If long, close.

If you don't know what the market is doing - also close.

just my view.

Mr. Crabs

Established member
598 3
Wow that is a very bullish post mate, I’m guessing you are Long, very Long? I agree with you in the most part regarding Gold, I think it has so real good upside potential, whether it can reach $2000 let alone $2500 is something I’m not overly convinced about, but I suppose only time will tell. I always think trading on leverage for the ‘longer’ term is a dangerous game and much prefer to trade on a far shorter basis where leverage is concerned. Good post though mate, I enjoyed reading it and hope to ride the gold wave if your price predictions ring ture.

I'm relatively confident gold will hit $1,500 before it hits $1,100. And that before being the YTD. People that can tolerate high risk can make a boatload of %'s on gold regardless of the short-term ups and downs if they use a reasonable amount of leverage. It doesn't take that much talent, just take intermediate profits and don't load a line that would get you wiped out if the price dipped near $1,000, however unlikely that scenario might be.

My equity on a gold account blew up 500% on the 18th after the FEDS announcement. There are more gains to come. The price corrected too sharply to hold down for much longer. Big money must have an aggressive stance on gold long.

It looks like gold is in for its' biggest extension since the bottom yet. Happy trading. :clover:

Mr. Crabs

Established member
598 3
The market is short on the medium term outlook 12-24 months. So if you investment is short - hold.

If long, close.

If you don't know what the market is doing - also close.

just my view.

That type of herd perspective is how you get burned. I can imagine you being short in the short-term outlook 1-4 weeks but for the year?

How can you possibly not expect gold to break resistances by this time next year? :p

spinola

Established member
614 138
The markets is always right, It don't matter what I think.

The market is short gold.

spinola

Established member
614 138
Note with all the debt crisis in the US gold can't even hold it's head above water, the pro's are monkey hammering into any gold rallies still.

Interpretation ? Market still short gold.

WR1

206 9
Technically, the price for any instrument can't even be in a real uptrend until above the Daily 200EMA
basic price action stuff

so no one should even think of buying and holding until it is above the D200
there's a few other basic criteria also - but folks will have to read the charts for those

new_trader

Legendary member
6,666 1,488
I can't believe people are stupid enough to believe that the U.S debt crisis pantomime should be bullish for gold. I never complain about buying opportunities.

spinola

Established member
614 138
hmmm yes, personally I ignore news, rumours, gossip, analysts, economists , financial journalists all of it.

A chart shows market intent on it's own. Plenty of people hoping for a pop in gold , but therein lies a flaw of a belief bias or expectancy .

That said, a market needs people with wedded beliefs, ideally to hang on for dear life to a long trade in a short market.

Mr. Crabs

Established member
598 3
The markets is always right, It don't matter what I think.

The market is short gold.

I can't argue with a statement like that.

But I don't think gold will stay down here for too long. China isn't going to want their enormous position to lose value IMO so big money will scoop up down here and turn the atmosphere to wild bullish.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock