What does this mean?

waspy

What does this mean? (positions can only be reduced in this product)

Hi all,

to spread betting and just wondering if someone can explain what is meant by

"your request cannot be processed as positions can only be reduced in this product"

Thanks
Waspy

Last edited:
Without knowing the full context of how and when you received it then it is difficult to say by a guess is that probably that you don't have enough margin.

Well it looks like a margin issue. Basically you don't have enough funds in your account to trade Hibu at £1 per point. Try trading at 0.10p per point and see if it allows you to.

can't set penny. I don't have any idea why I can't buy that stock. I tried buying another and got the same message. I've put £100 now in my account still hasn't helped. Any ideas?

:(
Thanks

managed to open a position on lloyds, but not sure why I cannot buy Hubi

I stand corrected if wrong, but I would interpret that sort of message to mean that they are phasing out all trading in that instrument, during a window period in which they allow clients with open positions to wind down their positions, while not allowing anyone to take any new position in that particular market; and that all trading is either to reduce ones position (i.e., a partial close) or fully close one's position. Hope I'm correct :)

Peakoil may well be right. The easiest thing to do would be to give them a call though. If its not a bug then they should be able to tell you why you're seeing that pretty quickly