What do YOU consider a succesful days trading ?

want to borrow my username

eat 5hit mofo. $8140 today, commission on that will come in around $130.

I have erased the stock name I made the majority of money in as the strategy is liquidity sensitive. :D

Attachments

• spanked2.png
    spanked2.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 256
Not me. I gamble for excitement in between trades. Trading is exceedingly boring. It's a bit like being stuck behind an old geezer driving 15mph in a 30mph zone. It kinda makes me wanna do something irrational.

You could buy a dictionary and study the meanings of : Loss, losses, lose, losing, lost and loose, looser etc:p:LOL:

eat 5hit mofo. $8140 today, commission on that will come in around $130.

I have erased the stock name I made the majority of money in as the strategy is liquidity sensitive. :D

Good stuff. Now do a bit of bucket shop spanking for us, please, so we don't have to talk about Mike Baggadoodie all day.

Last edited:
You could buy a dictionary and study the meanings of : Loss, losses, lose, losing, lost and loose, looser etc:p:LOL:

Neil, you have been beating the drum about the difference between these words for years.

If they can't learn that, what hope is there that they can learn anything else?

Your vocabulary is missing "loosing". I suggest after skool class for you.

Look up the meaning of "etc.":p

"skool"?
You mean "school."
Detention for you I'm afraid - bring your dictionary with you.

Ive been trading on demos for a while and just started with real money!

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they consider a successful day or week or months trading to be ?

A 1 pip daily gain. Because what count mostly for me is volume.

Well - fact is, if you are a break-even trader, you are ahead of 99% of retail traders anyway.

So - any period where I don't draw down is a blessing as is any day that I continue breathing.

The higher you set the bar for success, the more you beat yourself up for not hitting that goal. So - why not give yourself a healthy pat on the back for managing to put on a pair of underpants before you start trading. Build up that emotional capital.

It will take some time to realize this, but the most succesful days are the ones you manage to go home flat

It will take some time to realize this, but the most succesful days are the ones you manage to go home flat

It's a valid point of view, I suppose. :)

It's relative to a trader's average day, though, isn't it ? That depends on the trader.

It's a valid point of view, I suppose. :)

It's relative to a trader's average day, though, isn't it ? That depends on the trader.

I guess, it's more of a consideration on the way you feel at the end of a flat day. It may not be true for everyone though

A successful days trading is trading your plan 100% to its rules.....

now getting the rules right is another matter....;)

N

A successful days trading is trading your plan 100% to its rules.....

now getting the rules right is another matter....;)

N

You have to make sure that the rules are profitable otherwise it's like getting run over while crossing on a pedestrian green light and saying "It doesn't matter, I was right and he was wrong!"

Rules or no rules, you have to keep your eyes open.

Ive been trading on demos for a while and just started with real money!

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they consider a successful day or week or months trading to be ?

success ?

My Training websites have not crashed nor are being held to ransom by the website provider for more cash :eek:

My Links to my Broker and charts have not crashed at key moments

My Broker has not gone broke and run off with my money

I actually get some time to trade

The Markets are moving TO MY RULES and not a*rsing about :LOL:

My Business Partner is feeling well again (get well soon sylvie :love:)

My wife, family or friends are not demanding that I communicate with them

N:smart:

I like to judge my daily performance by the percentage of my wedge I lost or gained.
4% a day is pretty good imho.