Microsoft

Banford

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are regarding Bill Gates visit to the UK. Ive been meaning to trade Linux for a while now and wondered if this was thought of as a good idea. Maybe it depends on how Bill does on his visit.

Thoughts?

Hi Banford

Welcome to T2W :)

I can't see Bill Gates's visit having any effect. I'm sure it will purely be a PR exercise.

Here is my view on MSFT

MSFT260104.png

It is currently decision time. It has now closed the gap from October and has failed to break above it at the last attempt.
If it does break above it, then the next stop would be 29.50.

To the downside, I would like to see the trendline break before considering going short.

Just my thoughts :)

He is being knighted I understand...for work on poverty reduction....!!

KC something or other,
fair's fair - if I were the richest guy in the world I'd spend my time cruising in opulent luxury and having the time of my life - Bill Gates is quite active and generous in helping others, a lot goes into schools etc. It is also arguable that without Windows we'd all still have different OS's as per 70's/80s. The rise of the PC and DOS (Windows to follow) led to an almost exponential growth in sofware and PC power - the diversity of systems in the 80's limited the risk of the software developers (it was considered worth launching Amiga and Atari ST as late as, what, 1986 or so?)
He's been a catalyst in the development of the information society, like it or not.... personally I'd say his rewards are more than commensurate with what he's done already, but then I figure David Beckham is quite well paid as well.
Dave
(I curse Windows a lot as well - but I'd be cursing Commodore Basic a darn site more)