Free Stuff / Discounts / Special Offers

trendie

Legendary member
How about a thread for good ideas we can let each other know about?!

I was thinking about getting a new PC, and wean myself off MS products for a while, and synchronistically I got this email today, about free PC software.

(have already downloaded OpenOffice, and seriously thinking about a Linux PC next time around.)

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/money-sa...ut-a-pc-for-free!.aspx?source=ioowftxt0010011

EDIT: put it in the Jokes and Humour section. DOH!!:eek:

...Very good stuff indeed.....I am impressed by the quality of freebee software that is availble now....

Must install all on a old 450mhz machine to test and see...

Thanks for posting here......

regards

...Very good stuff indeed.....I am impressed by the quality of freebee software that is availble now....

Must install all on a old 450mhz machine to test and see...

Thanks for posting here......

regards

LurkerLurker is an expert on Linux.

Read his post on this thread here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=330603&postcount=5

He refers to ubuntu also.

I was thinking of having a second machine to seperate from my trading machine. Simply for email, browsing and office apps as mentioned.

I was gonna buy a new PC, until it dawned on me that the main problem of slow speed was due to lack of memory :rolleyes: .
It is 4 y.o. and had 512mb. I have added an extra 1gb memory, and it is superb now, and touch wood, should hopefully last for another 4 years.

http://codebase.mql4.com/indicators

loads of Metatrader-4 indicator downloads. (thanks to jacinto on the FX thread)

You know if you open the navigator window and right click on custom indicators and choose create, then, cancel it when meta editor opens, go to the bottom and click on library there are hundreds there too. Easier to put in to MT4 then. (sorry if you knew that and theres like, a million more in your link).

For clothing, Primark is without doubt my favourite high street retailer - for both cost & quality. For anyone not concerned about labels, Check it out, you might JUST be surprised :idea:
eg. Plain cotton crew-neck t-shirts £2.50 up to size XXL, jeans from £4, quality cotton combat/cargo style shorts with belt £8, that are superior quality IMO than some similar ones that cost £30 in Debenhams.....:rolleyes:

For clothing, Primark is without doubt my favourite high street retailer - for both cost & quality. For anyone not concerned about labels, Check it out, you might JUST be surprised :idea:
eg. Plain cotton crew-neck t-shirts £2.50 up to size XXL, jeans from £4, quality cotton combat/cargo style shorts with belt £8, that are superior quality IMO than some similar ones that cost £30 in Debenhams.....:rolleyes:

Hi JT,

Agree with you re Debenhams, complete waste of money.

It would be better if clothes were made in the UK so we consumers could support our textile industry, but it's really difficult now. :(

My fav store is TK Maxx where you can buy UK made clothing like John Smedley at 50- 75% below RRP. The price is relatively low because the clothes are from the previous season(s).

Hi JT,

Agree with you re Debenhams, complete waste of money.

It would be better if clothes were made in the UK so we consumers could support our textile industry, but it's really difficult now. :(

My fav store is TK Maxx where you can buy UK made clothing like John Smedley at 50- 75% below RRP. The price is relatively low because the clothes are from the previous season(s).

I like TK Maxx for sports shoes, but have found it generally not very inexpensive for all other items - although i did buy some good ski pants there!

Seriously though, i like Primark more & more each time i go back. I've bought 4 quality leather belts from there recently = £10 in total :LOL: . Similar quality belts were in House of Frzier for £50 :devilish:

Primark rocks ;).

My typical day to day complete outfits from footwear, underwear, clothing generally cost me around £30 :LOL: . Right now for instance -
TK Maxx Nike Airs = £15
Primark Undies = £1
Matalan socks = £1
Primark t-shirt = £2.50
Primark jeans = £4
TOTAL = £23.50!

primark fan

I like TK Maxx for sports shoes, but have found it generally not very inexpensive for all other items - although i did buy some good ski pants there!

Seriously though, i like Primark more & more each time i go back. I've bought 4 quality leather belts from there recently = £10 in total :LOL: . Similar quality belts were in House of Frzier for £50 :devilish:

Primark rocks ;).

My typical day to day complete outfits from footwear, underwear, clothing generally cost me around £30 :LOL: . Right now for instance -
TK Maxx Nike Airs = £15
Primark Undies = £1
Matalan socks = £1
Primark t-shirt = £2.50
Primark jeans = £4
TOTAL = £23.50!

Hi, Jtrader, are the tk maxx nike airs genuine Nike trainers, or there own version?,
do you recommend them, if so marks out of 10 please
primark are excellent value, no excuse to be scruffy or an old fashion dresser,
everyone can afford to shop there........thanks and regards

not free, but....

while perusing my Open University mag, I saw an advert for something speeds up the internet downloads.
from www.onspeed.com

apparently, can speed up dial-up by 10, and broadband by 5!!
costs £25 a year.
layers on top of what you currently use.
its software, so no extra widgets or dongles.
uses NASA and US-military developed compression technology to speed data-flow.

I am going to give it a go over the weekend.

TK Maxx Nike Airs = £15
Primark Undies = £1
Matalan socks = £1
Primark t-shirt = £2.50
Primark jeans = £4
TOTAL = £23.50!

My outfit this morning is not as bigger bargain as JT, but mine has mostly been bought NEW from Ebay. Normal-ish prices in brackets.
Ralph Lauren polo shirt £16 (£45)
Levi 501's £18 (£50)
Paul Smith socks £5 (£10)
Burberry undies (Matalan) £3 (£10)
D&G Leather belt (Turkey) £2
Timberland deck shoes £35 (£75)
Stupid smile - priceless (Mastercard)

NK :D

Last edited:
uses NASA and US-military developed compression technology to speed data-flow.

I am going to give it a go over the weekend.

Lets hope NASA & the US military are NOT going to be tracking your web-surf activity :cool: :devilish: .

Recommendation

I've just received my Toshiba 2gb flash drive/stick off ebay for £11, and as with my recent 1gb added memory upgrade i wish i'd got it ages back when i first had the idea, long b4 i actually got it!

The flash stick is really small & slick, has a solid metal key-ring loop, and is very quick to function. So much quicker than saving work by any other method!

Verdict = Highly recommended!