What do YOU consider a succesful days trading ?

A successful day is one when when I resisted the temptation to throw my monitor out of the window.

A successful day is one when when I resisted the temptation to throw my monitor out of the window.

I find smashing keyboards is equally theraputic, and they're less than 10 euro's a pop if you use the cheap crappy ones :LOL:

Ive been trading on demos for a while and just started with real money!

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they consider a successful day or week or months trading to be ?

Taking all my trades at the correct time, with the correct size; in other words, perfect execution.

When I induce soul-crushing defeat in the guy on the other side so he gives up his dough, I've done my job for the day.

I find smashing keyboards is equally theraputic, and they're less than 10 euro's a pop if you use the cheap crappy ones :LOL:

One day soon you might find yourself wishing you had keyboards instead of cheap crappy euros.

A successful day?..When ive reached the end of the day after remaining true to the plan i had at the begining of the day.

(y) Stick to your guns.

Yeah but making money is the name of the game and the primary reason we all trade!

Not me. I gamble for excitement in between trades. Trading is exceedingly boring. It's a bit like being stuck behind an old geezer driving 15mph in a 30mph zone. It kinda makes me wanna do something irrational.

Do you suggest we equate loose to success ?

I understand that at t2w everyone makes x pips per day, until the day they dont, and then it generally ends in tears

However, back in the real world, on a daily basis most of us are looking at varience. Why would anyone be concerned about varience as long as its within expected limits ?

I understand that at t2w everyone makes x pips per day, until the day they dont, and then it generally ends in tears

However, back in the real world, on a daily basis most of us are looking at varience. Why would anyone be concerned about varience as long as its within expected limits ?

Same can be said of the varience. It works until the day it stops working. Otherwise people like JP Morgan, with all the best statisticians money could buy, wouldn't be losing a few billions.

I ignore it (if it was successful or not) as I don't pay too much attention to a single day/month/trade - it's all part of many days/months/trades. Some days I lose, some days I win. Wins and losses are limited - nothing spectacular there, so no need to get excited/emotional about it.

PS Before I would consider it successful if I followed my plan. Nowadays I follow the plan every day I trade, so it's irrelevant.

That's boring! The focus is always your edge, but I sure do try to push the limits of it. It's not like once you've found your winning strat that it should end there, eh?