What are Americans so scared of?

Willy needs a bit of practice before engaging in a proper war.

Maybe he should first declare war on Wales or the Isle of Wight to get the hang of it.

Actually the Isles of Scilly might be more apt for Silly Willy.

What on earth was silly willy (Haig) thinking about with his nocturnal visit into the deserts of Libya, unannounced, uninvited and then humiliatingly captured.
Apparently he could have phoned up and requested a meeting. He was doing a sort of Rudolf Hess manoevre or something without going himself.

Interestingly according to Wikileaks the man in the UK Govt blabbing his all to the Americans is none other than Silly Willy himself. Perhaps trying to secure a well paid after politics post like Tony Blair.
Hopefully even the Americans in their rose tinted specs will see through Willy's nonsense. The idiot should be sacked before he launches a military offensive or something

It sounds as if you take what the papers say at the printed word Pat. This is hugely embarrassing yes but whilst the UK trying to stitch up - got well stitched up it self. The big question is by who.

For all the crap one reads in the newspapers nobody hit upon the real story. Two diplomats (spies-negotiating-agents I'd guess) with 6 SAS were either going to meet with an influential member of Libya's people or take the asset out of the country. Who knows?

Alternatively, they were there to collect intelligence about either rebel forces or the regimes and sell it to the highest bidder from either side.

Any other conclusion or BS explanation is laughable.

However, what this tells us about the mission was that UK intelligence was widely lacking - means they were not aware of troop movements on the ground = which means they have no intelligence or spy satellites hovering over the area. Alternatively, somebody who does have the intelligence already did the bargaining with the Libyans.

I would guess this was uncle Obama or Dymitry giving a sign to the UK to stop meddling in the ME.

Finally - Cameron's visit to the ME at this moment in time; either to sell weapons or promise safe haven for all the crooks and tyrants to bring their billions into the UK. I have no objections to this but problem is HM Gov is playing both sides and plain to see by everyone.

For any party to get into bed with the UK foreign policy would be like to sleep with a phython - I promise not to eat you, but just give you a warm tender hug. yeah sure right now get your slivering tongue out my **** and stick it to my ear.

What is required imho - whether the yanks like it or not, is to identify where the UK sees it self and go for it like hell for leather. That would be on the side of the rebels without doubt (to the disagreement of the USA).

They should then start by seising those murdering tyrants wealth and possesions and then giving it back to the Libyan people. However, this could mean every other crook decides to leave the UK and take their millions and sell their daftly overpriced properties. We don't want that to happen do we.

Instead we have an LSE professor resigning for trying to bring a little bit of honest business to the UK just because he went to Libya on business and accepted a £300K donation.

Stupid, laughable and comical. Duplixity and mixed up policy with no clear direction other than to offend as many sides as possible.

One would think they would be better off considering how we could build better cars and bikes. I know let's give back the £2bn tax we said we'd take from the banks and offer to give £100m to generate new manufacturing enterprise zones.

Great idea people will be gagging for that. Nice stroke of genious you Etonian bunch of cretins. :mad:

Money makes the world go around

Greece, Portugal and Ireland are likely to default - tw*ts in the Eurozone couldn't see it coming

Their integrity rating is about the same as Iceland

LOW

There should be some UN " body of elders " checking politicians' integrity before they are let loose on the people and cocking up their economies

Greece, Portugal and Ireland are likely to default - tw*ts in the Eurozone couldn't see it coming

LOW

There should be some UN " body of elders " checking politicians' integrity before they are let loose on the people and cocking up their economies

Not defaulting - just having a hair cut.

Not unusual. Wouldn't lose sleep over it. (y)

LOW

Forget the UN. They are worse than useless. The Lord have mercy on us if we ever need the UN vote on anything.

Almost feel sorry for the Liyans, Tunisians etc. shedding blood for our crappy system filled by brown nosing slime-balls of differing colours but all filling their own agendas

Still perhaps not as bad as a loony tyrant who murders people

Almost feel sorry for the Liyans, Tunisians etc. shedding blood for our crappy system filled by brown nosing slime-balls of differing colours but all filling their own agendas

Still perhaps not as bad as a loony tyrant who murders people

Feeling sorry for them is one thing. Involving ourselves is another, especially after the stick we've had for going into Iraq.

Besides, how do we justify the cost when we are cutting back on defense? We don't, even, pay for decent care for our servicemen when they get back.

Feeling sorry for them is one thing. Involving ourselves is another, especially after the stick we've had for going into Iraq.

Besides, how do we justify the cost when we are cutting back on defense? We don't, even, pay for decent care for our servicemen when they get back.

Best thing we can do is maintain our superior system of liberty and freedoms and the world will flock to our way of life. Live and let live.

Chinese have the right approach too - do business with anybody and everybody and not get involved in the politics of the country.

People want to buy weapons sell it to them. Aggressors and defenders. Everybody should have the right to fight for what they believe. All the lip service given to democracy and freedom is a lot of BS as just about the whole globe knows. What a load of tripe - They don't like our way of life or freedom. Where the fucuk is the west now?

Probably punching in numbers into calculators trying to work out the future? :cheesy:

I've worked with a few Americans. They have some very strange views of the world i can tell ya.
Average guy when you ask him where he's been in the world would probably say...wtf do i want to go anywhere for , we have everything we need right here at home !
There are some stats available i'm sure...basically along the lines of 98% of Americans have never been outside their own country. Quite scary when you think about that !

I heard only 5% have a passport.

I heard only 5% have a passport.

But you don't need a US passport to see the world, just join the services.When I was in the MN i could not go anywhere without the Yanks being present. Europe, The Middle East, Asia was full of them. :)

Talk about dithering
world leaders can't make a decision about a " no-fly-zone" in Libya
When Gaddafi gets going, blood will flow like water

too little too late as usual

world leaders should be ashamed of themselves but won't be as usual

strange that the Iranian dictators are criticising Gaddafi's strong counter attack and repression. Just like themselves ?

It would only take 1 word from O' bummer but he won't

Talk about dithering
world leaders can't make a decision about a " no-fly-zone" in Libya
When Gaddafi gets going, blood will flow like water

too little too late as usual

world leaders should be ashamed of themselves but won't be as usual

strange that the Iranian dictators are criticising Gaddafi's strong counter attack and repression. Just like themselves ?

It would only take 1 word from O' bummer but he won't

Hi Pat - if you read my post #102 my hunch was/is regarding the failed rendevous in the middle of the Libyan desert fiasco was due to somebody warning UK to stay away;

"However, what this tells us about the mission was that UK intelligence was widely lacking - means they were not aware of troop movements on the ground = which means they have no intelligence or spy satellites hovering over the area. Alternatively, somebody who does have the intelligence already did the bargaining with the Libyans.

I would guess this was uncle Obama or Dymitry giving a sign to the UK to stop meddling in the ME.
"

They are also using Libya as a test case to prevent further movements in Saudi Arabia. Think dominoes. Let's glue this one down to stop them from all falling over.

I reckon they will eventually all fall once oil runs out anyway. But not just yet.

Good post in your #102

Over the years the truth will partially leak out as to who was promised what

Arab politics are widely known for their duplicity and cunning.

Silly Willy is but a babe in his pram compared to those fellows.

Hi Pat - if you read my post #102 my hunch was/is regarding the failed rendevous in the middle of the Libyan desert fiasco was due to somebody warning UK to stay away;

"However, what this tells us about the mission was that UK intelligence was widely lacking - means they were not aware of troop movements on the ground = which means they have no intelligence or spy satellites hovering over the area. Alternatively, somebody who does have the intelligence already did the bargaining with the Libyans.

"

They are also using Libya as a test case to prevent further movements in Saudi Arabia. Think dominoes. Let's glue this one down to stop them from all falling over.

I reckon they will eventually all fall once oil runs out anyway. But not just yet.

A bit late for gluing one down....revolution is well underway as evidenced by Egypt and Tunisia. I just hope all these people are careful what they wish for ! It may just come true :LOL:

Sh1t barking mad.

Any reason for a shoot out is what I thought - with all those guns.

I suppose just as the Brits have the pit pull terrior inside them and feel the need to conquer the World the Americans have a deep need to shoot the hell out of anyone who opposes them.

Psychie thing mi thinks... :rolleyes: