Weekly Range

sammymantis1

Hey guys! I hope I'm posting this in the right place. First off, does anyone know where I can get the average AND current weekly range for various pairs? I found an MT4 indicator called _(T_S_R)-Weekly_Range_Calculator but it's not what I'm looking for, it appears to be part of a specific strategy. I have a ADR indicator by greedy pig so either a similar indicator for weekly would be great or a website where i can get the data. Anyone?

Also, is there a way to keep scripts running as you switch between profiles in MT4? I know there is a way to keep EAs running but that option excludes scripts.....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I hope I'm posting this in the right place. First off, does anyone know where I can get the average AND current weekly range for various pairs? I found an MT4 indicator called _(T_S_R)-Weekly_Range_Calculator but it's not what I'm looking for, it appears to be part of a specific strategy. I have a ADR indicator by greedy pig so either a similar indicator for weekly would be great or a website where i can get the data. Anyone?

Also, is there a way to keep scripts running as you switch between profiles in MT4? I know there is a way to keep EAs running but that option excludes scripts.....

This may be a dumb response, but from the charts itself? Can't you see the current weekly range when you lake at the chart for the current week? Just saying.

Hi Sammy,

Have you already looked at the Average True Range (ATR) indicator?

fxcmmt4atraveragetruera.png

Info on the formula from Investopedia.com

The true range indicator is the greatest of the following:
  • current high less the current low.
  • the absolute value of the current high less the previous close.
  • the absolute value of the current low less the previous close.

The average true range is a moving average (generally 14-days) of the true ranges.

If you load a weekly chart like I have above, instead of a daily chart, then ATR will do an average 14 weeks instead of 14 days. And you change change the number of periods that are averaged from 14 to another value.

Welcome to the forum :)

Jason

Last edited:
Hey Rambo, it's not dumb at all :) I'm just looking for something to simplify my pre-trade analysis. For instance, I used to plot the prior day high/low/pivot by hand but when trading multiple pairs/time frames it can be a bit time consuming. Time better spent elsewhere. I found an indicator that does it for me and now it's always on every chart I trade off of, I love it! Same thing with the daily range. But even if I did use the larger period charts to get the range, I'd still have to calculate the average which is what I'm looking for.

Jason, great idea! I had something a little different in mind (which may or may not exist, haha) but this will work just fine! Didn't even think of it, thanks so much :)

Hey Rambo, it's not dumb at all :) I'm just looking for something to simplify my pre-trade analysis. For instance, I used to plot the prior day high/low/pivot by hand but when trading multiple pairs/time frames it can be a bit time consuming. Time better spent elsewhere. I found an indicator that does it for me and now it's always on every chart I trade off of, I love it! Same thing with the daily range. But even if I did use the larger period charts to get the range, I'd still have to calculate the average which is what I'm looking for.

Jason, great idea! I had something a little different in mind (which may or may not exist, haha) but this will work just fine! Didn't even think of it, thanks so much :)

Sounds like you found what you were looking for (more or less) (y)