Weekly indicators and daily data

jgbre

Hello traders,

I've been exploring Metastock for some weeks, but I still consider myself just a beginner

At this moment I'm trying to test some trading systems based upon monthly, weekly and daily indicators. Is it possible to use monthly and weekly indicators in MetaStock with daily data?

Thanks for your answer and your help.

Thanks rnr,

In fact I found this site a few days ago. I am about to start trying. Have you used some indicators in your own systems? Whats your experience?

Hi jgbre,

No, to date, I haven't used any of these indicators but can see their relevance in certain systems.

Although I've been out of the market for the last couple of months I had been trading a break-out system since Christmas.

The area of development that I find really interesting is Mechanical Systems and I intend to persue this interest in ernest from December.

This link, which I found under "Mechanical & Systems Trading Forum" on T2W, has a large amount of MS code which can be quite handy if you get stuck (i.e. examples).

Oscillators, indicators, trading systems for Metastock, Tradestation, Amibroker, Wealth-Lab and Metatrader - forex, futures, stock,commodities.

All the best with your system development.