Week 17th - 27th July

Where do you see Cable towards the end of the week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi jilly

i think it is because of some old git that had too many beers after playing poker :LOL: :LOL: (and hint hint.....username starts with A, and there is a dog in his avatar...wasnt me :cheesy: )

happy birthday by the way ;)

j

Hmmm.... I did wonder.... Too many beers, now that I can understand after this weekend (except that it was too many bottles of champers!!!) Thanks for the birthday greeting :D

Still I got some wonderful presents too (mid life crisis continues)..... Hornby train set and Scalextric....

Now you chaps think I'm joking, but actually this is serious stuff here. I've already got the train set laid out...in the front room...My other half want's to set up the scalextric as well!

God this takes me back to when I was little....Had a great train set then, which unfortunately I had to sell when I was 16 and my parents moved to a smaller house. Now I've got a new one :cheesy:

All this and an Audi TT Roadster.... Now that's what I call a girly mid-life crisis :eek:

Hmmm.... I did wonder.... Too many beers, now that I can understand after this weekend (except that it was too many bottles of champers!!!) Thanks for the birthday greeting :D

Still I got some wonderful presents too (mid life crisis continues)..... Hornby train set and Scalextric....

Now you chaps think I'm joking, but actually this is serious stuff here. I've already got the train set laid out...in the front room...My other half want's to set up the scalextric as well!

God this takes me back to when I was little....Had a great train set then, which unfortunately I had to sell when I was 16 and my parents moved to a smaller house. Now I've got a new one :cheesy:

All this and an Audi TT Roadster.... Now that's what I call a girly mid-life crisis :eek:

That's cool for your boyfriend to be able to pull that one off? I can just see you getting a Barbie + Pony for Xmas... :cheesy:

For my 40th I got a micro flight from my Mrs. When I was up in the clouds in this little buzzing rickity old 2 cylinder, I thought she's after mi life assurance money I did.:LOL:

Well that's my long trade closed at 7.40am for a juicy +47 pips - nice start to the morning! :D

Carry Traders taking their ball home ?

If you guys missed the carnage :)cool: ) in EuroYen there's always AussieYen and KiwiYen to go .......................

Wonder how high cable goes today? At least its getting kind of predictable. up or up, lol.

yep, but sods law is that when we all think "how high" is when we miss the short (if it happens) :mad:

yep it's going to be a case of blink and you will miss the entry, and then not have enough faith in the fact that it is falling and you think it is just a pull back before the next long, when really it's a correction and it is really falling :rolleyes: but just one of those things that is sent to try the sat at home traders, just trying to make a buck......

yep it's going to be a case of blink and you will miss the entry, and then not have enough faith in the fact that it is falling and you think it is just a pull back before the next long, when really it's a correction and it is really falling :rolleyes: but just one of those things that is sent to try the sat at home traders, just trying to make a buck......

if it goes down, i know who will catch it......right OT

Well yes. I am short but don't like it too much. Having said that got last night's moves on cable and EUR/JPY so just playing small stakes today. Incidentally, it has been a good month for my breakout system. Since the dark days of Nov-Feb it has definitely looked up, with no losing months, although May and June were pretty desperate. Hasn't quite returned to the stellar days of last year but definitely looking up.

Jilly B's system has performed amazingly recently. I've only looked at it for a couple of months but win/loss record is great (which for me is physcologically important) and the P&L is good too

well when it's up it's up, and when it's down it's still up lol :eek: but the most important lesson that i am learning is that never believe what you think you believe......

Saying that, since being a full time trader at home and making a living from the forex market, i have learnt that, this market (cable) will do what it wants, when it wants.

so another lesson learnt today, and al i can do is what and see what the morning brings, hope it's good, but we will wait and see..............

well when it's up it's up, and when it's down it's still up lol :eek: but the most important lesson that i am learning is that never believe what you think you believe......

Saying that, since being a full time trader at home and making a living from the forex market, i have learnt that, this market (cable) will do what it wants, when it wants.

so another lesson learnt today, and al i can do is what and see what the morning brings, hope it's good, but we will wait and see..............

do you only trade cable? if so, why not have a look at other pairs. can help get rid of the frustration when cable doesnt do its trick.

i personally like euryen. when it moves it moves nice and clean.

re: cable, as i wrote in another post above, i am starting to get more and more signs that a short term top is formed at 650, only time will tell.

at the mo i am trading eur/usd - usd/jpy and cable but it's cable giving me the head ache :rolleyes: , i agree a top seems to have formed but, saying that everytime i think it, cable goe's that bit more just to prove me wrong lol.

so it's that wait game, i don't like short term plays i am more of a position player, as i enjoy free time to much, and sitting at a computer is not my idea of fun. but needs be a needs must, i stil have my bills to pay so sit here if i must till i can position play again :p

Tomorrow just has to be the day that cable finally makes a strong move downwards. Erm, doesn't it?

Well I'm on a long trade tonight - though I have to wonder at this :rolleyes: as all the indicators point to a sell. Yet I'm trading the system - so mine is not to reason why...

Buy at 2.0619 at 22.20pm - I'll just have to wait and see what the morning brings now.

Well I'm on a long trade tonight - though I have to wonder at this :rolleyes: as all the indicators point to a sell. Yet I'm trading the system - so mine is not to reason why...

Buy at 2.0619 at 22.20pm - I'll just have to wait and see what the morning brings now.

Well my instincts were right and I was stopped out in the early hours of the morning for -48 pips.

Still I traded the system and this is the first losing trade it has had since the 27th June, so it's not doing too badly. I knew it was due one - it has one losing trade every 3-4 weeks roughly, so it was over-due. Now I can get back to the business of getting more pips.

sorry about that jilly,

it is a tough one, when intuition goes against what the system says. its a good trade IMO (with an unfortunate loss, but good trade), you stuck to your system.

j

Well my instincts were right and I was stopped out in the early hours of the morning for -48 pips.

Still I traded the system and this is the first losing trade it has had since the 27th June, so it's not doing too badly. I knew it was due one - it has one losing trade every 3-4 weeks roughly, so it was over-due. Now I can get back to the business of getting more pips.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trend following approach as you have indicated produce very good reults, and your night trade system has proven to be profitable. Trend following strategies will always have drawdown on trend riversal days, when a trade is stopped even with a sizable SL. One cannot forgett that, profits are made by riding the beast in the direction it travells, and when it turnes, it does so without our assistance, though it would be nice to know when it is likely to happen. So far currencies have tended to trend reasonably well on many time frames and on this account there is no reason why your strategy should not compensate for the few lost trades. Wishing you and others many well netted trades.
2be