Watch SCO....

Riz

Experienced member
SCO shot up today..+10.25 (16%) to 74.25..

It appears that talks of an imminent takeover of sco by 21 pct shareholder Vivendi SA resurfaced in the market..

------------------
wizard6.gif

Hi riz,
For anyone holding these lets hope its not the mischief makers at work again.
Steve

Nice call Riz.
Bought @ 75 sold @ 86 Bought @ 79.75 and nearly sold at close today but ADVFN went down at the crucial mo...again!
Steve

I have piled in, Steve..expecting a few pops if they manage to stay over 80..good luck

rizgar

Date: 25 Jan 2001 10:04:31

LONDON (AFX) - Shares in on-line directory service Scoot.com PLC
rose
sharply in midmorning trade as some 2.5 pct of the company changed
hands in the
market in what traders described as a "derivatives trade."

Although dealers were keen to play down the significance of the
trade,
saying it was made merely to protect positions in the derivative
market, the
news inevitably reignited hopes of a bid for the beleaguered group.

According to The Guardian newspaper, Scoot boss Robert Bonnier has
held
meetings with France's Vivendi Universal, which already owns a 22.4
pct stake in
the UK group. The paper reported that a deal has been struck and that
Vivendi
will launch a 125 pence a share bid later this week.

But the Daily Mail named Hutchison Telecom, which is owned by the
Li-Ka
Shing-controlled Hutchison Telecom, as the likely predator, saying the
Hong
Kong-based group will bid some 150 pence a share.

At 10.02 am, Scoot.com shares were trading 4-1/2 pence higher at
86 pence,
with some 18.49 mln shares changing hands."

I think this is what the fuss is about.

Riz
What do you think? The MMs are able to hold the price around 85/86 even though buys keep outnumbering sells.
Have they something up their sleeve?
i'm itching to get out again but cant get a clear signal.
Steve

Hi Steve,

I am not selling SCO just now..I think it can recoup more with or without bid rumours (which will never stop)..all signs I follow -general trend, charts, news, rumours, etc.- are telling me this stock has got more upwards..that's only my personal opinion of course...can never be sure.. unfortunately generally they go up and down..but I need to have predictions and act accordingly...well whatever.. that's my humble opinon and very very good luck to you..

rizgar

a habit of scooting...

There we go..another bid speculation another scooting by SCO..just as FRE did SCO will never stop being subject of takeover speculations until we see the back of it..sold for good...

After Telegraph wrote that Richard Li, son of Mr Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing, was holed up in a Monte Carlo hotel to talk to Vivendi, Scoot's 22.4pc shareholder, about buying the stake and using it as a platform to bid for the rest...SCO scooted up to 79p first thing, but the company denied all knowledge, and, by last night, the shares were back where they started the day...

SCO price has calmed down for now..but just temporarily...if you're in at less then 80 keep enjoying this every now and then just as I do...(wonder what has Shel done with his SCO :) )

Chart looks quite bullish by the way with share price bouncing back above lower BB...stochastic K heading up sharply crossing D at the oversold area...RSI bouncing up from 30 line up sharply...

(no financial advice intended)

rizgar

Riz
I stopped sco for no gain, should have let the itchy fingers do the talking,however back in again on fri at 71.5
good luck
Steve

Thanks Charty, not sure if TA is relevent to this one but all opinions are useful, i wouldn't recommend any body to buy this stock, it's just for fools and horses, as indicated in my previous post.