Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really can't give a straight answer can you.

So you won't reveal anything to us about your backtesting, even though you've done some good work there.

And yet the burden of 'proof' is on us to show your strategy is not going to make money in the long run, and if we can't show this, then it means you're fine.

You sound more like a used car salesman with each post.

Pretty bold for one of those joining the chorus of those who informed me that back-tests proved nothing. I guess your standards are merely a matter of your own convenience. Oh well. Now I know.

Pretty bold for one of those joining the chorus of those who informed me that back-tests proved nothing. I guess your standards are merely a matter of your own convenience. Oh well. Now I know.

What??????????????? Please show me where I said that backtests were useless???????????

Howie, that is very unfair. MR has put in enormous effort to engage with you constructively, has been polite to you, has given you the benefit of the doubt, and also the benefit of his superior knowledge and greater experience. He has genuinely tried to help you.

Yet when you don't like what he is saying you throw your toys out of the pram and insult him. A very poor show indeed.

Wow, you really can't give a straight answer can you.

You sound more like a used car salesman with each post.

Although sharp tongued you rarely stoop to this depth of contumely.

My results are my results and I have disclosed everything either proactively or reactively about my methods.

Howie, that is very unfair. MR has put in enormous effort to engage with you constructively, has been polite to you, has given you the benefit of the doubt, and also the benefit of his superior knowledge and greater experience. He has genuinely tried to help you.

Yet when you don't like what he is saying you throw your toys out of the pram and insult him. A very poor show indeed.

Good analogy as his reactions are now simply childish, I'm a bit speechless.

He won't tell us a single thing about his backtest results. Why not? Isn't that odd?

Good analogy as his reactions are now simply childish, I'm a bit speechless

Since you consider my responses childish, I'll spare you any future discomfort by ignoring your questions.

I new the risks when I answered your back-test question, but answered it honestly none-the-less. Had I alternatively shared the results of the back-test I would likely get the same from you or worse as you would point out that the rules were different.

To bad as you sometimes had worthwhile comments that caused me to think hard. Not so much lately.

Since you consider my responses childish, I'll spare you any future discomfort by ignoring your questions.

I new the risks when I answered your back-test question, but answered it honestly none-the-less. Had I alternatively shared the results of the back-test I would likely get the same from you or worse as you would point out that the rules were different.

To bad as you sometimes had worthwhile comments that caused me to think hard. Not so much lately.

Howie, this is a pretty outrageous way to treat Meanreversion. Sadly it is typical of the way you operate - when someone has you stumped, you do not reconsider your position, you insult them and level unfair accusations against them, finally flouncing off in a huff pretending that you now think them beneath your notice.

You really do not want to alienate members like Mean, who are prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and have tried to help you.

After an analogy, a simile: you are like a spoilt child with his fingers in his ears, saying "Nyah nyah nyah! I can't hear you, I can't hear you!".

How many members are you determined to insult and alienate? And the amount of time you devote to drivelling on, lecturing others and pontificating pompously on the subject of "reputation" :LOL:!

Last edited:

I asked about annual return and max drawdown. You did NOT answer this question in any shape or form.

I've lost patience with your evasiveness and your completely and utterly unfounded claim that I said backtests were useless (hint - I trade systematically, backtests are kinda important to me).

Bon voyage Howard ..... I was prepared to give you the benefit of doubt but I've lost interest. By the way, you repeatedly make simple child-like spelling errors under pressure .. as I said before, this doesn't bode well for how you react when the market boots off.

This should not be a surprise. Howie's relationship with the truth is, shall we say, a complicated one, as many of us know.

don't get carried away there paz. now although meanie didn't say anything against backtests, martinghoul has. maybe that's where howard has the idea from?

It's simple. Try to directly address the specific questions that have been asked. Also, if I were you, I would try to stay away from the "I've generated this mighty return so far"/"my backtest looks great"/"it's worked fine for me so far" line of argument. It just doesn't mean much wrt option strategies.

don't get carried away there paz. now although meanie didn't say anything against backtests, martinghoul has. maybe that's where howard has the idea from?

It's not just this that I'm thinking of, of course.

I'm trying not to get carried away, but all this hooha is pretty funny :).

Seriously though, I think Howie's a good guy. I just think that T2W members are simply not good enough at listening to The Great Communicator.

i can't find any post where meanreversion states backtests are useless.

Pretty bold for one of those joining the chorus of those who informed me that back-tests proved nothing.<snip>

Depends on the search terms you use as a change of wording can sometimes obfuscate the truth.

I should have expanded the thought to be more explicit in that back-tests proved nothing about my claims.

I may have also unjustly included MR in the chorus. I was in the middle of researching this when he made it clear it did not matter to him. I will continue my research, just not at as high a priority.

When I started this thread I had a choice to make it open or closed. I stated my reasons for making it open. I hoped most posters would rise to the occasion. Many did not. Although not the majority of posters nor the majority of readers, they provide the majority of posts. I did not always respond with grace.

Now I have new data to use in making the open vs. closed decision should I decide to start another journal.

This forum has a lot to offer and my experiences have mostly been positive. There are some who have been great. But the negative experiences have caused me some concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.