Wasabi Journal

rsd886647

I'd like this journal to be hot as wasabi. The reality is it will probably disappear with a gulp of cold water. I've tried to write journals before, but never kept them up. I hope it's different this time. I simply want to record my trades and show the justification for them in a bid to limit the number I am taking. The purpose of this is to make me accountable.

I have learned everything I know from my mentor so I can't divulge much if anything of it, but I will say that my plan is quite simple:

I trade with the daily trend (measured over the last four-six months)
I wait for a pullback in price.
I take certain signals including pin bars.
I make sure there is ample reward.

I will post images where possible.

I have taken a short today on AUDNZD. Screenshot below:

There is a monthly pin bar which may suggest a bottom to the market, which is a worry, but I am trading in line with daily trend.

Comments welcome. Thanks.

On a side note, I've recently decided to do retracement/limit entries in the main rather than buy or sell on stop. I was always concerned with missing trades, but I now realize you catch most of them even with retracement entries. It is obviously easier to make multiple times your risk in reward if you keep risk small. I expect it won't be an easy transition to make but I'm going to give it a go.

I've gone long on gold today from 1346. It meets my plan, recent uptrend, slight pullback, pin signal at value, potential reward is at least four times risk. I chose not to go with a retracement entry here as I felt I needed extra confirmation of the signal.

Last edited:
I've also gone long on the daily pin on Audusd and a small pin on Eurjpy. Will update later.

Well, things were looking very promising at one point today, but ended up in disappointment. Eurjpy was a -1R trade. Gbpusd was out at breakeven. Audusd I took some profit. Gold is running still.

Overall profit/loss = +1.5R

I've re-entered gbpusd. I messed about with the pin trade from the other day and exited at breakeven, but I want to buy and got in at the same price again.

I've just shorted WTI crude oil from 97.70. Big down move today, expecting more. Will possibly get some retracement first. Still long on gold, stop 1344. Bit of a correction today, hopefully the uptrend resumes before my (breakeven) stop is hit. Gbpusd hasn't done much today, but still my bias is bullish.