Want to be a trader? Learn to be a loser...

Nope. You've missed the point. Again. Stop trying to "know what the market is doing" whatever that means. Of course trading is more than being able to take losing trades. You need a methodology, a framework, but there ain't no way to "know what the market is doing" every time you take a trade. So you had better get used to losing money.

Always interested to hear big players mentioned. Who and what do you mean by big players dissecting sentiment?

No disrespect but what you're saying is just wrong. The longer you go on trying to work out how to be right, the longer it will take for you to become profitable and the more likely you are to give up.

Give up on the big guys concept. Assuming we are talking liquid macro markets, it's a pretty even playing field. Sure there are some round table dinners with central bank members that average Joe won't be involved with but generally speaking everyone is in the same boat when it comes to manual discretionary risk taking. The best big guys are wrong most of the time so why waste your time trying to second guess them?
I have been doing this since 98, I think I know what I am talking about. Missed the point, you seem so be off the beaten track

I have been doing this since 98, I think I know what I am talking about. Missed the point, you seem so be off the beaten track

There's no evidence of your "trading" since 98. I don't ever remember seeing a single trade from you in this forum or in others. Also your knowledge of the market is that of a complete outsider/beginner. You seem to think gambling on newspaper stories is the height of a trader's skill.

But let me help improve your convincingness in the future. The pro operator loads up at the same time they manufacture the story. By the time the story is in the news, the pro is already unloading. Gambling on the news is no use. The real trader has to look at what's happening before hand.

Last edited:
There's no evidence of your "trading" since 98. I don't ever remember seeing a single trade from you in this forum or in others. Also your knowledge of the market is that of a complete outsider/beginner. You seem to think gambling on newspaper stories is the height of a trader's skill.

But let me help improve your convincingness. The pro operator loads up at the same time they manufacture the story. By the time the story is in the news, the pro is already unloading. Gambling on the new is no use.
I am not here for a p¡ssing contest and certainly don't give a cr@p what you think.

But let me help improve your convincingness in the future. The pro operator loads up at the same time they manufacture the story. By the time the story is in the news, the pro is already unloading. Gambling on the news is no use. The real trader has to look at what's happening before hand.
By what you have said just confirms me that you know absolutely jack about the market or how to make money from it

Last edited:

Great. You should be able to answer my questions then...

I've been playing basketball since 96. Still haven't made it.

..................Let me ask a question in preparation for that though...

You are offered an opportunity to have $1m invested for you in one of two funds. Which would you choose?
Total return 15%/annum
Max drawdown 5%
Win Ratio 75%

Total return 15%/annum
Max drawdown 5%
Win Ratio 30%

nb. Win ratio = number of winners/total trades taken

edit: can you justify your choice?

Looking forward to your answers!

CR

We've been down this road before :)

You'd choose the 30% because 75% would be much harder to maintain and more likely to worsen than get better. Conversely 30% would be easier to maintain and more likely to get better than worsen.

I've been playing basketball since 96. Still haven't made it.

I think I see the problem. You are obviously not losing like a pro. Instead you lose like a beginner. So you need to read a book on how to lose. Then you truely become a certified loser.

We've been down this road before :)

You'd choose the 30% because 75% would be much harder to maintain and more likely to worsen than get better. Conversely 30% would be easier to maintain and more likely to get better than worsen.

What? Is there really a point to not take the best option just because its results are harder to maintain? It's like loosing intentionally, reasoning that this way your next trade has more chances to outperform.

What? Is there really a point to not take the best option just because its results are harder to maintain? It's like loosing intentionally, reasoning that this way your next trade has more chances to outperform.

may i recommend a google search for "statistics" and re-reading the options. all the best