Vote Labour

I find it strange that some people still get exercised over political parties. It makes absolutely no difference which one you give your vote to, for two main reasons.

The first is that there is almost nothing separating the three main parties. This is not glib or off-hand - examine them carefully, and see what major points of principle they disagree on. At most, there is a little noise to appease what remains of their core vote.

The second is that the UK no longer exists as a sovereign nation, a fact that will become increasingly obvious in the next few years.

I find it strange that some people still get exercised over political parties. It makes absolutely no difference which one you give your vote to, for two main reasons.

The first is that there is almost nothing separating the three main parties. This is not glib or off-hand - examine them carefully, and see what major points of principle they disagree on. At most, there is a little noise to appease what remains of their core vote.

The second is that the UK no longer exists as a sovereign nation, a fact that will become increasingly obvious in the next few years.

So another 5 years of Gordo no prob then? :LOL:

So another 5 years of Gordo no prob then? :LOL:

The point is that you are going to get it, no matter who wins. Do you really care whose name is above the door?

The best hope, regardless of your political affiliation, is a sufficiently bad defeat to cause the collapse of the Tory party. If the Tories win the next election with anything like a sizeable majority, we will have a New Labour government for the next 15 to 20 years at least. At which point there will be little left worth salvaging.

I can't see what the Tories will do. They are the ones who are responsible for all this mess (in particular Mrs Thatcher). That is for Banks deregulation and hidden MP salaries in terms of claiming via daft extortionate expenses. Both her governments' creations. Festering disastrous policies. But keep it hush so no one can tarnish her daft claim to having solved UK industrial problems...

Not to mention her transport policies of giving car tax breaks and running down public services. Railway franchises and tracks negotiations and management are night mare.

(y)

...Yes...but as you rightly said no one talks about the same deregulation that allowed Banks to operate in a virtual self made world....If anyone had warned about anything then Tories would have cried....Nanny State....Labour putting regulations etc.....Tories have no Policies at all....Only thing they have done with the current crisis is see people's opinion, abnd react to it....No concrete or intelligent long term solution mentioned at all....For them important thing is to get into power...screw the policies..!

Root cause of many issues affecting us now are indeed of Tatcher's doing.......But then there are many who will willingly slurp up her bottom...!

...Four years of Policyless Cameron is not going to do anything better either...!

Cameron does have policies, very clear ones for those who wish to see.

They include high taxation, ever-closer European integration, a larger state, the promotion of political correctness and unthinking acceptance of the AGW fraud.

His vision for the future is two or possibly even three terms in office, followed by a grander but less stressful job on the international stage.

Yes, of course Gordon Brown is a disaster. But a greater disaster than a Labour victory would be a "New" Tory victory, as that would spell the end of conservative opposition for a generation.

Cameron does have policies, very clear ones for those who wish to see.

They include high taxation, ever-closer European integration, a larger state, the promotion of political correctness and unthinking acceptance of the AGW fraud.

His vision for the future is two or possibly even three terms in office, followed by a grander but less stressful job on the international stage.

Yes, of course Gordon Brown is a disaster. But a greater disaster than a Labour victory would be a "New" Tory victory, as that would spell the end of conservative opposition for a generation.

Policies that are listed as response to people's policies are not policies....Politicians have to make choices as to what is best for long term, mid term and short term for betterment of a country....What he has got is a vote carrot and a short term fix - that appears on paper appealing to voters....After that it's downhill all the way...!

Policies that are listed as response to people's policies are not policies....Politicians have to make choices as to what is best for long term, mid term and short term for betterment of a country....What he has got is a vote carrot and a short term fix - that appears on paper appealing to voters....After that it's downhill all the way...!

That is the trouble - these are not a response to anything. These are the essence of his party. The Tories are a large state, centre-left party.

At the risk of starting another pointless argument about language, a policy is a policy no matter what the motivation or circumstances. It is simply a thing that a political party states that it intends to do.

That is the trouble - these are not a response to anything. These are the essence of his party. The Tories are a large state, centre-left party.

At the risk of starting another pointless argument about language, a policy is a policy no matter what the motivation or circumstances. It is simply a thing that a political party states that it intends to do.

The tories want to decrease big government and spending, not increase it., its labour that have done that and completely f***cked a good economy through gross incompetence and mismanagement, labour should be kicked out now before we go bankrupt

Like whats been said a complete overhall of the system is needed which includes imo criminal prosecutions from corruption to treason.... These people need to be more accountable not less...

Unfortunately things are going to get much worse when we go all in with europe, we are going to get shafted even more, a legion of faceless beaurocrats awaits.....

The tories want to decrease big government and spending, not increase it., its labour that have done that and completely f***cked a good economy through gross incompetence and mismanagement, labour should be kicked out now before we go bankrupt

Like whats been said a complete overhall of the system is needed which includes imo criminal prosecutions from corruption to treason.... These people need to be more accountable not less...

Unfortunately things are going to get much worse when we go all in with europe, we are going to get shafted even more, a legion of faceless beaurocrats awaits.....

I agree about Labour, but where is the evidence that the Tories want a smaller state? Only two years ago they were talking about matching Labour's spending plans and "sharing the proceeds of growth". They have no serious comittment to reducing the size of the state.

Trust me, vote Tory and get another 5 years of Labour.

I know of no other country that rewards failure on a scale that we do.

WE MAKE BIG ****UPS by little dicks LOOK GOOD and subsequently give them a golden hand - jerk-off that puts a big smile on their faces. Where is Fred Goodwin the shred now?

The millenium dome: £850m spent to celebrate one night... Life span 50 years.

Nice brilliant effing idea by our politicians with great vision... Tory and Labour...

Have you considered leaving the country ?

Paul

Have you considered leaving the country ?

Paul

If you only knew how many times that has been considered you may well be not that surprised. I should have listened to the Mrs before we had the kids but didn't have the money or the balls to make the jump at the time. :eek::eek:

I will see my two children through university (hopefully) and then leg it. I can guarantee one point and that is my retirement will definately be abroad.

All politicians are self serving scum, somewhat akin to dog sh1t.

I will not be voting for any of the regular freaks like Brown ( apt as it is the colour of sh1t ), Cameron or Clogg.

Dig up David Sutch and resurrect the Monster Raving Loony Party !!!!

Well I would not go as far as digging up (Lord) David Sutch because that is frankly rather creepy. However, if there were such (purdon the pan) a thing as conjuring up his spirit, then I would support that. It should be remembered though that, unlike most political parties, the aims of the Monster Raving Loonie Party have largely already been met, e.g. "votes for teenagers", and, er, that was about it, I think.

If you only knew how many times that has been considered you may well be not that surprised. I should have listened to the Mrs before we had the kids but didn't have the money or the balls to make the jump at the time. :eek::eek:

I will see my two children through university (hopefully) and then leg it. I can guarantee one point and that is my retirement will definately be abroad.

I agree with you that the Brit pollies are pretty poor but you might get a nasty surprise moving abroad to find that theirs are a whole lot worse

:rolleyes:

I have not lived in the UK since 1965. The last ime I visited the UK was in 1987. Since then, with no close relatives left, we have gone elsewhere for our holidays.

That is not to say that I do not, sometimes, wish that I had never left. If you are a native Londoner or anywhere else in the UK, that does not happen. The place has got you, for better or for worse.
If anyone wants to come to Spain, remember, it is not the place it used to be. It's changed for the better for many Spaniards but there is a lot of nostalgia for the old days.

We, all, have to move on and, if you don't like it, instead of leaving for an unknown location, get out and vote, at least. Statistics show that most can't be bothered

The latest referendum (unofficial) by Catalans said that 95% wanted independence. A later count showed that only about 33% voted. The minority get their people out voting while the majority sit and moan about it, afterwards.

My dad, a London bus driver, told me that the known communists all turned up for a garage strike meeting. Sometimes there were as few as six there but they could bring a whole garage out!

Sometimes, I wonder if we deserve democracy.

Last edited:
Until the emphasis shifts that govt is there to serve and not to rule...then nothing will improve.

Labour are not the natural party of govt...is it any wonder they always fk it up !

London is a cesspit of sh!te and getting worse...there's nothing good to say about it and I am so pleased I don't have to bother with it at all.

I have not lived in the UK since 1965. The last ime I visited the UK was in 1987. Since then, with no close relatives left, we have gone elsewhere for our holidays.

That is not to say that I do not, sometimes, wish that I had never left. If you are a native Londoner or anywhere else in the UK, that does not happen. The place has got you, for better or for worse.
If anyone wants to come to Spain, remember, it is not the place it used to be. It's changed for the better for many Spaniards but there is a lot of nostalgia for the old days.

We, all, have to move on and, if you don't like it, instead of leaving for an unknown location, get out and vote, at least. Statistics show that most can't be bothered

The latest referendum (unofficial) by Catalans said that 95% wanted independence. A later count showed that only about 33% voted. The minority get their people out voting while the majority sit and moan about it, afterwards.

My dad, a London bus driver, told me that the known communists all turned up for a garage strike meeting. Sometimes there were as few as six there but they could bring a whole garage out!

Sometimes, I wonder if we deserve democracy.

I hope to be in your shoes sooner or later Split.

Here are some interesting stats.

1311.gif

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/focuson/Migration/

I always vote by the way. I did vote for Thatcher first time round. I also did vote for Blair once (first time). I now vote liberal. I consider my self a floating voter. Don't care much for any side at all.

I hope to be in your shoes sooner or later Split.

Here are some interesting stats.

1311.gif

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/focuson/Migration/

I always vote by the way. I did vote for Thatcher first time round. I also did vote for Blair once (first time). I now vote liberal. I consider my self a floating voter. Don't care much for any side at all.

:D I'm not questioning you, Atilla. Everyone always votes.

I consider my self a floating voter. Don't care much for any side at all.

Could always up sticks and off to China ?

Wouldn't have to decide between the parties to pick the least worst
:)
but leave the hash behind or else