Volume in FOREX

volfixtrader

Some people think that on Forex volume analysis is not working. They deceid that volumes are well work on the stock, futures, but FOREX lives by his own rules. So this is not true. Let see how on the hourly chart perfectly predicted the AUD. How volume is to stops moving. Entering of big players are always visible. And Forex is not an exception.

6c ex1.jpg

6c ex 2.jpg

6c ex 3.jpg

Alright, CME's as good a source as any - but surely there aren't any good sources for forex volume per pair in real time?

You can see on images. The accumulation of volumes in clusters. But we analyse currency pair on CME.

On real FOREX there are mostly huge deals are out of the market. But big players must have a barometer, to know which price is correct. 6e on CME is barometer for EUR/USD for example. The FOREX follow for CME point in point. So you could analyse 6e and understand real situation.

See attach below white bars are FOREX, blue bar are 6E on CME

??????.jpg

Tick volume that is shown in MT4 is number of price changes in particular timeframe isn't it? I guess its not volume of positions at all..

Tick volume that is shown in MT4 is number of price changes in particular timeframe isn't it? I guess its not volume of positions at all..

I agree with all of you :)
Volumes on CME does not the same as in FOREX. But, all FOREX brokers follow for CME quotation. And FOREX quotations is the same that 6E on CME. If not - change your broker.:витая:

because forex is not centralized markets like stocks
so every brokers has it own volumes
like this volume comparison

i compare FBS volumes and Tickmill Volumes and it lil bit diffrent

so i do not believe , volume showed in MT4 are reflected a real volumes

You are right. But question who is leading CME or FOREX? When we look at the charts above , quotes of 6E and FOREX the same. I think CME is leading - because it trasparent market and all of participants of FOREX includes the biggest players are trading on CME. It is not a secret that big players use dark pool and transact deal avoiding the market. Why pay commission? :) But when they are agree they must have independant point, which price is correct now. Second is hedging of net position. For hedging you need an open liquid market with big volumes. In COT reports you can see all participants of market and their positions. Forex market is repeats CME. But for a lot of customer it is easy to trade with FOREX. Conditions could be better. But FOREX follows CME. The price is the same. But volume is true on CME.

trading forex is hard enough without making more stuff up............

You are right. But question who is leading CME or FOREX? When we look at the charts above , quotes of 6E and FOREX the same. I think CME is leading - because it trasparent market and all of participants of FOREX includes the biggest players are trading on CME. It is not a secret that big players use dark pool and transact deal avoiding the market. Why pay commission? :) But when they are agree they must have independant point, which price is correct now. Second is hedging of net position. For hedging you need an open liquid market with big volumes. In COT reports you can see all participants of market and their positions. Forex market is repeats CME. But for a lot of customer it is easy to trade with FOREX. Conditions could be better. But FOREX follows CME. The price is the same. But volume is true on CME.

Hi V

the COT report is another example of total trickery and deceit

FX is not like other markets being unregulated, Because of that - dont believe anything - its all part of the game to deceive traders and the market makers / players are brilliant at setting up false sentiment.

I have been trading 13 years - full time 8 yrs on only FX - intraday and I am consistent and make great returns. I dont use volumes or any reports etc - I use purely tick charts and 1 min set up giving me price structure for the immediate session and know all the games etc - so use them to my advantage.

Yes - find what works for you - but just remember - dont believe any reports or info you get - as more that likely - its false and just going to mislead you more

Good Trading

Regards

F

Hi V

the COT report is another example of total trickery and deceit

FX is not like other markets being unregulated, Because of that - dont believe anything - its all part of the game to deceive traders and the market makers / players are brilliant at setting up false sentiment.

I have been trading 13 years - full time 8 yrs on only FX - intraday and I am consistent and make great returns. I dont use volumes or any reports etc - I use purely tick charts and 1 min set up giving me price structure for the immediate session and know all the games etc - so use them to my advantage.

Yes - find what works for you - but just remember - dont believe any reports or info you get - as more that likely - its false and just going to mislead you more

Good Trading

Regards

F

Hi F
Using the COT reports for intraday trading is how to use a map of the city to move in his house. It gives insight into global trends and more interesting especially for those who trade in daytime time frame. Of course to take 10 pips you do not need to look at the repotrs. But this does not mean that the volume does not work if you do not use them. In FOREX like in other market are present big players, and they are interested to open big size. Even in intraday trading can be a good use of them. Look at the picture below. Volumes a good guide to the levels from which you can open position. Reds and yellows squares are with big volumes.
EX 1.jpg
EX 2.jpg

I can't quite put my finger on using Volume indicator but I use it. There's this method called Volume Price Level Trading, but I haven't been able to do well yet. Does anyone know how to?