Volume analysis – The Key to the Truth

petar what price /time your entry etc ------- all the best with above trade

Exited GBp/JPY on breakeven and took EUR/USD BUY >

Strength on EUR/USD. I marked letters on the chart and will go through explanation.

a - climatic action. The largest volume is seen in this bar and the bar closed in the middle. If there is real selling, how the bar can close in the middle ? It must be that smart money accumulating there.

b - the Narrow spread of the bar in a low volume. This is a test of supply. Confirmation that supply disappeared

c - another successful test of supply

Potential upward target is set at the price of 1.1215.

I think that smart money prepositioned before the news but we will see. Got small buy position there.

Petar

Attachments

• EURUSDM15.png03..png
    EURUSDM15.png03..png
    65.5 KB · Views: 210
Exited GBp/JPY on breakeven and took EUR/USD BUY >

Strength on EUR/USD. I marked letters on the chart and will go through explanation.

a - climatic action. The largest volume is seen in this bar and the bar closed in the middle. If there is real selling, how the bar can close in the middle ? It must be that smart money accumulating there.

b - the Narrow spread of the bar in a low volume. This is a test of supply. Confirmation that supply disappeared

c - another successful test of supply

Potential upward target is set at the price of 1.1215.

I think that smart money prepositioned before the news but we will see. Got small buy position there.

Petar

Scaled half at 1.1216 and second position at 1.1250 :)

Massive return for me and very good earn today >>

Its all about volume and price action :)

Attachments

• EURUSDM15.pngprofit.png
    EURUSDM15.pngprofit.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Hello there,
Hope you took GBP/JPY :)
The entry was near the point c but entry at point b was also fine because that were successful test of supply.

Best Regards,
Petar
Great to see a huge Volume thread on here. As the starter of the big Volume analysis thread on babypips. Nice to see the flame in here. Volume is an important aspect of trading. Nice work!

Hello Petar.
On babypips there is a similar thread. Are you the same person (the thread starter is called Petefader)?
Thanks

Great to see a huge Volume thread on here. As the starter of the big Volume analysis thread on babypips. Nice to see the flame in here. Volume is an important aspect of trading. Nice work!

Hello, TraderCL and welcome to the thread.
Feel free to post your ideas and analysis using volume so we can discus together.

Petar

I finally found a use for trading view. :)

https://www.tradingview.com/x/5hfq25kU/

Here is an example of how volume plays out. It takes a while to get the hang of it but it is a simple way to approach analysis. It is one of many checks I make before deciding on a trade. Futures do report real volume so not as noisy as currency. I do prefer to use a TPO chart when currency trading rather than volume exclusively but if volume does no add up I am always on guard.

I finally found a use for trading view. :)

https://www.tradingview.com/x/5hfq25kU/

Here is an example of how volume plays out. It takes a while to get the hang of it but it is a simple way to approach analysis. It is one of many checks I make before deciding on a trade. Futures do report real volume so not as noisy as currency. I do prefer to use a TPO chart when currency trading rather than volume exclusively but if volume does no add up I am always on guard.

Hello there,
Interesting chart :)
About volume on Forex. About volume - Using only tick volume, you don't have so good picture about what's going on with supply and demand. But combining futures volume, real volume from the largest brokers in the world together with tick volume is the real deal. Of course, you must know to read properly and analyze volume. Basicly I use Volume spread analysis, Wyckoff analysis and my own logic about volume price action to establish positions.

USD/JPY interesting development >

The largest volume is seen in Asia session. From that point, the price didn't break the level of 107.28. Seems like that Asian traders are in control on USD/JPY (selling control).

I marked letters on the chart >

a - Climatic action (largest volume today). The wide spread of the bar in an ultra high volume closed in the middle. The bar should close in the middle if there is real buying, especially not on this kind of ultra high volume. This is a major sign of weakness today.

b - Supply in a high volume entered the market, which is a sign that sellers are still present and that buying looks risky.

c - Looks like up thrust bar in a high volume. Supply overcame demand near the level of 107.25.

d - Weak demand (bar closed in the middle). We got few signs of weakness today and buying looks very dangerous.

First TP is around 106.40.

Attachments

• USDJPYM15.pngsetup.png
    USDJPYM15.pngsetup.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 229
USD/JPY interesting development >

The largest volume is seen in Asia session. From that point, the price didn't break the level of 107.28. Seems like that Asian traders are in control on USD/JPY (selling control).

I marked letters on the chart >

a - Climatic action (largest volume today). The wide spread of the bar in an ultra high volume closed in the middle. The bar should close in the middle if there is real buying, especially not on this kind of ultra high volume. This is a major sign of weakness today.

b - Supply in a high volume entered the market, which is a sign that sellers are still present and that buying looks risky.

c - Looks like up thrust bar in a high volume. Supply overcame demand near the level of 107.25.

d - Weak demand (bar closed in the middle). We got few signs of weakness today and buying looks very dangerous.

First TP is around 106.40.

Re-sold at the price of 107.33. Successful re-test of the upward channel. Still waiting for 100 pips drop or more. :)

Petar

Attachments

• USDJPYM15.pngresell.png
    USDJPYM15.pngresell.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 244
Strength on EUR/USD >

Massive demand from the background and successful tests on low volume today. Going for at least 150 pips.

Attachments

• EURUSDM30.pngsetup.png
    EURUSDM30.pngsetup.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 254
Hello dear traders,
I found a massive weakness on GBP/USD and I sold at the price of 1.4582. I marked letters on the chart >
30M time frame >

a - Massive volume spike and ultra-wide spread of the bar. The bar closed in the middle, which is a strong sign of weakness. If there is real buying from professionals the bar shouldn't close in the middle. Remember, the weakness appears on the up bars. This is a first major sign of weakness. Anyway, it's to early to take a position based on 1 bar only.

b - Supply entered the market in a high volume. Another sign that seller is still present.

c - Upthrust bar in a high volume near the area where we saw climatic action. This is a sign that buyers don't have power for higher prices today and that we may expect downward movement.

d - No demand bar. Narrow spread of the bar in a volume below the average. My entry.

If you like my analysis , feel free to comment >

Petar

Attachments

• GBPUSDM30.pngsetup.png
    GBPUSDM30.pngsetup.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 231
Hello dear traders,
I found a massive weakness on GBP/USD and I sold at the price of 1.4582. I marked letters on the chart >
30M time frame >

a - Massive volume spike and ultra-wide spread of the bar. The bar closed in the middle, which is a strong sign of weakness. If there is real buying from professionals the bar shouldn't close in the middle. Remember, the weakness appears on the up bars. This is a first major sign of weakness. Anyway, it's to early to take a position based on 1 bar only.

b - Supply entered the market in a high volume. Another sign that seller is still present.

c - Upthrust bar in a high volume near the area where we saw climatic action. This is a sign that buyers don't have power for higher prices today and that we may expect downward movement.

d - No demand bar. Narrow spread of the bar in a volume below the average. My entry.

If you like my analysis , feel free to comment >

Petar
Someone put a serious bid on perhaps someone betting on the long side of Brexit? Well, London was eager to recover like nothing happen. What next?

So where did you get out in the end because this guy went back to 1.4380.

Someone put a serious bid on perhaps someone betting on the long side of Brexit? Well, London was eager to recover like nothing happen. What next?

So where did you get out in the end because this guy went back to 1.4380?

Price action told us that all massive buyers from today exited positions and now the professionals may start to absorb all the way down.

I am expecting downawrd movement and potential drop of 100-200 pips.

Hello dear traders,
I exited sell on GBP/USD on breakeven and I entered long due to potential strong accumulation phase.

I marked letters on the chart and will explain them here >

SC - Selling climax and a first major sign that potential strength may come soon. Stoping action.

PS - Preliminary support

AR - Automatic rally. After the price dropped the automatic rally did set the trading range.

ST - Secondary test of the support

ICE = support

SOS - Sign of strength and first breakout of the trading range. It was massive volume and demand on this sign of strength but the market makers managed to gap price lower and fake the buying.

Spring - Fake breakout and final stage that accumulation took the place. As like Wyckoff explained, there are professional groups of traders who mimic crowd and make them loose the money before they start to accumulate.

Second SOS is now clear evidence that smart money started to accumulate GBP/USD. A testing of supply happened later and I am expecting upward price.

My target is at least 200 pips or the level of 1.4750. I will try to scale out half there and let the half to ride.

Best regards,
Petar

Attachments

• GBPUSDM30.pngaccumulation.png
    GBPUSDM30.pngaccumulation.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 244
Massive sign of strenth on NZD after the news. I bought NZD/USD at the price of 1.7090. The risk is about 20 pips and will try to take around 90 pips.

Ultra high volume and massive demand first 5 minutes and later on successful test in a low volume of supply. The trend was already in place before the news.

Attachments

• NZDUSDM5.pngsetup.png
    NZDUSDM5.pngsetup.png
    56 KB · Views: 240
Hello traders,
Today I found a weakness on EUR/USD and I sold at 1.1356. Will fallow price action and volume for taking profits.

I found strong supply in a high volume and later on few no demand bars in a low volume.

Attachments

• EURUSDM15.pngsetup.png
    EURUSDM15.pngsetup.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 261
USD/JPY also created good conditions for long.
I saw strength near the level of 106.30 and I bought USD/JPY at the price of 106.50. Will try to take 60-80 pips but I will see what the price action and volume will shoe me in the future.

I found selling climax and sign of strength followed by successful testing of supply

Attachments

• USDJPYM15.pngsetuppppp.png
    USDJPYM15.pngsetuppppp.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 279