Volume Analysis as a tool

neil

Legendary member
Hi folks,
I found this site ( Taken from "Trader magazine" ).

Uses volume analysis to aid trading.

It makes reference to the "Wykoff" method....another form of volume analysis and

to Tom Williams at www.tradetowin.com, another volume analysis trader.

Thought it might be of interest to you system seekers and those who might be tempted to take a closer look at the market.

I am not advocating you buy any book shown - just have a read of the sites - interesting without buying anything.

http://www.tradeitenergy.com/

Neil,

i have looked into tom's work- Had an old version of the VSA software in 1996 !! The way he describes the chart reading together with volume makes sense, but applying it in real time, is much more difficult- The VSA software that he has can be useful, if one is willing to spend the time and learn it properly................

Hi

It always continues to amaze me how frequently posts are misinterpreted. One of the reasons why I don't post that often.

You can so easily spend more time writing correcting posts to try and stop world war 3 breaking out on the boards, just from what started out to be an innocent post.

Stevano - Neil was just pointing out that Caps are only used for Shouting (But then you probably knew that and just had caps lock on by accident). No comment was made on your point of view. Hey and then I've probably misinterpreted your response too. Funny old language this, you'd think we would have the hang of it by now :confused:

Anyway I'm just really starting to take an interest in volumes with all the recent talk on the boards of it's usefulness in making trading decisions. If anyone has any pointers on useful articles or books to read, please let me know.

Cheers :)

Hi Steveno

No problem. Should make tin hats compulsory when everyone registers with the site.

Hey, now there's an idea. Maybe Sharky can sell them in the shop ;) Could be a nice little earner!

Probably I'm not fussy where I go :devilish: Like it's going to make a difference in Crabbs X!!

I'm only here because of the job. Nobody warned me before i moved here :(