Views on Vodafone share buy-back?

waverider

Does anybody have a view on Vodafone currently? It looks to be heading down along with the rest of tech but with a stated plan to buy-back shares it could easily do the opposite. I just stick to technicals usually and it's performing nicely at the moment, but you can't ignore some fundamentals. Just wondering what others think of situations like this. Avoid?

Waverider

VOD: Near 52 month Low + 3G kick-off

I have been tracking VOD for the past few months (since end of April) and had them in my virtual portfolio. I also think the share-buy-back scheme will definitely pull them out of the current rut. In addition, VOD reckon that within 6 months that 3G will take off for "normal people" - not so sure myself, but if it starts the stock will race up without a doubt! They're almost at their 52 week Low of 112. I reckon they're definitely worth a punt! I think I just talked myself into investing :)

waverider said:
Does anybody have a view on Vodafone currently? It looks to be heading down along with the rest of tech but with a stated plan to buy-back shares it could easily do the opposite. I just stick to technicals usually and it's performing nicely at the moment, but you can't ignore some fundamentals. Just wondering what others think of situations like this. Avoid?

Waverider

Forget 3g,voda are looking to try and introduce 3g by stealth i.e. not to do the same as 3 have done,that is chuck money at it, so 3g will just be a quicker way of sending pics ringtones etc. for the time being until every tom dick and harry have one so videocalls can take place.
The coverage for a while will be around 52 pct of the population, so big conurbations and motorways for a year or two, rest of the country just bog standard 2.5g.
No., there are alot of hungry networks out there , just wanting vodas customers and prepared to throw the money at them. If Voda want to keep them they'll have to do the same.
So its either slowly bleed or buy their customers loyalty.either way the money will be going the wrong way for them.

Cheers

Triplepack

Pointing both ways

Well, thanks for your input guys but we have one vote in either direction at the moment. At least it confirms I was right to be unsure!