Views on medium term Cable please...

pete80

Back in last week of July 2008, I did a large purchase of USD at £2.01 to buy a house in the USA.
After discovering their tax laws were worse than the UK I decided not to go ahead with the purchase and a few weeks ago transferred back into Sterling at £1.39 taking a nice profit.
I have looked at some of the thread here from December and January as I am not a Forex trader by choice, but just got lucky.
Question is though, Cable is currently about £1.46 as I write but I would like to ask your opinions on whether you expect Cable to climb further maybe towards £1.60 or to drop off quite severely now that the B of E are talking about printing more notes or a similar action.
I would appreciate your thoughts and also do any of you have names of Banks that I could rely on for a large Multi-currency account of about £400K either here or in the USA, which has better insurance on failed deposits. I do know that Everbank exist in the USA but they only make FX transactions once per day.
Many thanks

From what I have read etc the broad opinion is that it will fall and the GBP will be completely screwed. So naturally it will go up.

Last edited: