Views on medium term Cable please...

pete80

13 0
Back in last week of July 2008, I did a large purchase of USD at £2.01 to buy a house in the USA.
After discovering their tax laws were worse than the UK I decided not to go ahead with the purchase and a few weeks ago transferred back into Sterling at £1.39 taking a nice profit.
I have looked at some of the thread here from December and January as I am not a Forex trader by choice, but just got lucky.
Question is though, Cable is currently about £1.46 as I write but I would like to ask your opinions on whether you expect Cable to climb further maybe towards £1.60 or to drop off quite severely now that the B of E are talking about printing more notes or a similar action.
I would appreciate your thoughts and also do any of you have names of Banks that I could rely on for a large Multi-currency account of about £400K either here or in the USA, which has better insurance on failed deposits. I do know that Everbank exist in the USA but they only make FX transactions once per day.
Many thanks

Rossini

Established member
916 132
From what I have read etc the broad opinion is that it will fall and the GBP will be completely screwed. So naturally it will go up.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock