View Last Post Error

Trader333

When you click on the Go to Last Post you now get this:

Paul

Attachments

• tw1.gif
    tw1.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 203
When clicking on Go to Latest Post I am now getting this screenshot and the only way I can see threads is to click on the main heading which takes me to the first post of the thread. I use Firefox.

Paul

Attachments

• tw1.gif
    tw1.gif
    2 KB · Views: 206
FWIW, when I click on the last post icon, I get a blank page. I then have to reload the page in order to get the post, but it doesn't always reload. Even when it works, I get whatever post I got the last time I clicked the last post icon rather than the last post (this has been going on for some time now).

There's also a lot of "waiting for . . . ", though this may not be a t2w issue.

Still looking into this - should hopefully have a resolution by tomorrow, if not today.

FWIW, now when I click on the last post icon, I get this:

T2W Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I post these only because they might give a clue as to what the problem is and where.

Or maybe not.

FWIW, now when I click on the last post icon, I get this:

T2W Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I post these only because they might give a clue as to what the problem is and where.

Or maybe not.

Seems to be OK this morning. I didn't get any messages, just got returned to Forum page.

Split

Again getting a blank page when I click the last post icon, though for a while I was getting the next to the last page.

However, now when I click a post link within a post, I get "page not re-directing properly".

Yeah the last post works for me too - but the 'new post' isn't still, when you click on the latest thread title from any forum when viewing the forum home page - we're still troubleshooting this!

More strange (side)effects...

I'm getting the same error as dbphoenix or I'm getting a totally blank page whilst trying out several links.

I did notice one thing in peculiar: links from in my user control panel which refer to posts where I got a rep point for or have given one for only work from TODAY. All those from earlier days are showing "page not re-directing properly".

When I click on the main page on several random threads, most of them now give me a blank page. Don't recall this being the case this morning though.

Basically it's affecting anything with 'new-post' at the end of the url. If you remove this it works fine, and only affects threads created since yesterday morning. That's as much as we know, why it's happening we still don't know - we've got the technical support of the people that created the friendly urls looking at it - but at the moment it's still a mystery. We updated the database version yesterday and perhaps there's some strange bug causing this - if all else fails we'll have to rollback to the old version, but it will mean 2 hours server downtime, and we can't be sure this is the problem. So we'll continue to try tomorrow. It's really annoying me too! :mad:

Basically it's affecting anything with 'new-post' at the end of the url.

Are you sure? I had the problem just 10 minutes with just about any URL I tried... no 'new-post' or anything to the end of the url visible.

There is still a problem with viewing latest posts. Each time I click on it I get sent to posts varying from 21st Jan to 28th but never the latest.

Paul

Only trying to help pin-point the problem here, but if I do a search, whatever result I come up with the links don't work. Everything returns the same error "page not re-directing properly"...

Edit: just had a better look and apparently anything SINCE the upgrade fails to link correctly. If I do a search and try clicking on results from new posts from for example yesterday, the page does come up correctly.

This is correct all threads started since we upgraded tues morning don't update correctly. I'm making this our no.1 priority to fix today - hopefully all will be resolved by the end of the day.

This is correct all threads started since we upgraded tues morning don't update correctly. I'm making this our no.1 priority to fix today - hopefully all will be resolved by the end of the day.

This may be of interest... doing a search in for example the large PV thread I've compared the link that the search result gave me to what the good link should be:

the search returns the following:
http:// www. trade2win. com
/boards/price-volume/11104-price-volume-support-resistance-demand-supply-post126277.html

whilst the good link should be
http:// www. trade2win. com
/boards/price-volume/11104-price-volume-support-resistance-demand-supply-21.html#post126277

What is different is the "-21" which refers to page 21 where the post is located. Adding that to the URL gave me the correct link.