Van Tharp

I would recommend Van Tharp's book to any newbie that is on the scene. It's a good starter and covers most areas. I don't buy this "He is an academic" bit as some people can and some can't trade. It's a state of mind. Tiger woods has a coach but his coach as never won as many titles as Tiger. Everybody has a role in life and you shouldn't castigate somebody for not being the same as you. We all have different skills.

I did a talk two weeks or so ago about trading and trading captial. Most people where suprised at how much captial they needed to make a decent living. Almost nobody in the room knew enough about there current trading to be sure that they were about to achieve their objectives. That is essential if you are to make a living from it.

If stupidity was reason to be banned from a bulletin board there might not be many people left :eek:

If you check the times you will find that the password was posted after the last post so I wonder what message was being aimed at Van Tharp??

Dr Van Tharps' s book

Hi all

As a trader with several years hands on, I read Dr van Tharp's book "Trade your way to financial freedom" last year. I haven't read his more recent book, but I regularly read the mastermind forum on his material.

There are quite a few negative comments about VT in this thread, as well as some positive ones. Although I am not a trend follower as such, I found the content of the book well written without being hard to understand, and I think that the book is potentially useful for many new traders struggling to come up with a trading method, as it does at least provide a framework to work with.

OK, so the guy is trying hard to market his courses and books the best he can, but there's nothing wrong with that surely ? There are certainly many so-called trading "experts" out there marketing utter crap that amounts to nothing more than a rip-off, but I for one don't regard Dr VT as one of them. He doesn't loosely throw around trading recommendations, in fact quite the opposite, and he calls a spade a spade. He gets my thumbs up !

Regards to all
rog1111

Kiwi said:
If stupidity was reason to be banned from a bulletin board there might not be many people left :eek:

"If Stupidty was a reason to be banned there would be no markets left"

JD .