Useful Sites

vegas

Hi All,

In compiling your list of stocks to watch - what web sites have you found useful.

Might be useful to compile a list here under the Technical Trader.

I myself have always been impressed with Briefing.com.

Cheers.

Hi Vegas

I don't really look at specific web sites so it will be interesting so see what feedback you get here. I do subscribe to a live trading room and as part of that subscription I get a daily market briefing email with comments about certain 'stocks to watch' for intraday trading.

Anyhow, nice to see a new post here - its been so quiet for the last few days. I thought I had a technical problem or something!

Cheers

Steve

vegas said:
Hi All,

In compiling your list of stocks to watch - what web sites have you found useful.

Cheers.
www.nasdaq.com
in particular the heat map a pre market trading guide,
DO NOT, rely on this as a true indicator !

www.earnings.com

to see when your favorite or not so favorite stock is due to report

www.cbsmarketwatch.com

for general market news,
and of course, the even better as previously mentioned,
www.briefing.com

vegas said:
Hi All,
Cheers.

Hi Vegas,
I agree and have also been using briefing.com, but it is the "Live In Play" which is updated live throughout the day as we trade the market, from pre-market till after-market. Specific stock related news, earnings reports (also Live), summaries of day, and many other stock/trading news is also available on their site. They actively list their news sources from DJ, Bloomberg, Reuters, Brokers, CNBC, CNN, etc.

I've been to many chat rooms that had subscriptions and some that were free. Lately, I've noticed that the chat rooms, to me at least, have been a distraction to my trading. The only other reason would be to have some companions during the trading hours. I find it better to concentrate on my indicators and just trade with my platform (& its scanners) and briefing.com for the live market news and commentaries.

I for one, have found this BB as one of the best sources and exchanges of trading information, indicators and knowledge, but not specific stocks (which is best left alone for each trader, imo).

I do recommend Briefing highly, but have no relationship with them other than a subscriber for 3 years. Their non-Intraday news has a lower subscription rate. They have a 30 day free subscription. FWIW, I rarely use my own platform's news service, and imho Briefing is more geared towards intra-day trading. I hope my comments are not against TW2 rules.

Now for me the best method of finding stocks to watch is my own platform's scanners for various scans based upon one's own style of trading. For me, I use scanners for: Highest Gap Open stocks; stocks with greatest range for the day (which I add to my watch list for the following day; but w/rules, e.i., Daily Vol > 1.5 Mil, Priced between $20 to $80, Gap Open stocks > 3%, etc); Nasdaq Gainers, Nasdaq Losers, and finally Sectors > 1% for the active sectors and look for the greatest stock % movers in those sectors. The majority of these scanners, if not all are done on an Intra-day basis.
Hope this Helps,
Nas

vegas said:
Hi All,
Cheers.

Hi vegas again,

Opps! I just wanted to add another item, but sorry again it's not a web site. I believe that most of us traders have all the resources to trade in our Platforms, other than more web sites - but of course IHMO.

The most important item in an Intra-trading person's arsenal of weapons (other than charts) is to have a very good 'Watch List," and how it's sorted. I've included my watch list, which includes my core stocks to watch, and the stocks with the highest +/- Range for the day from Last Friday. My watch list is sorted by "% Change from Open" in ascending order. I complete my watch list after hours on each trading day, by adding the Highest Range Stocks to my core stocks. The total numbers of stocks is 50 today. Then the next day I will add some additionial stocks that qualify from my scanner of Gap Open Stocks.

Note, that I just copied and pasted my watch list into excel on Sunday, so some of the columns are incomplete or have the "S" after the stocks price, just wanted to make you aware of this. During trading days, all of these columns are live.

Sorry, but my excell continued to come out Invalid, even after I allowed all pop ups, maybe they'll work on Monday (so I left it in). If you want me to post the excel file next week, PM me.
I'll include the Column Headings today:

SYMBOL, CHANGE from OPEN %, LAST, BID-ASK SPREAD, TOT.VO., RANGE TODAY.

Hope this helps,
Nas

Attachments

• Watch List - Percent Chng from Open.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hi Nastrader,

Thanks for the posting. Totally agree with your comments re watch lists, they are an integral part of the process.

I suppose what Briefing.com and other such web sites provides is 'the detail' behind the moves, especially when its outperforming/underperforming the market and /or its sector. But for me anyway, it's most important use would be in providing a 'heads up' on possible heavy moving plays for the day, especially prevalent during earnings season.

Cheers.