MultiCharts Complier - Compile Error Message

impgreene

Hi,

I am trying to compile some EasyLanguage in MultiCharts Compiler, but I get the following message;

------ Compiled with error(s): ------
Compile error
errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
causal study: (Function)

What is strange is the following;

1. this code has already been compiled with no errors previously on the same machine

2. if I take some code that has been complied already and add a single space, this then returns the same error message

3. even if I delete any changes what have been made (e.g. deleting the added space) the same code that had previously been compiled will then not compile again

I understand that this is the error MC returns when it cannot identify the source of the error, but I don't think this is a code problem.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, so this may be an issue, but I doubt it as many other people seem to be using the same set-up.

Can anyone help me with other suggestions for possible fixes.

Thanks,

Impgreene

Thanks for your help staspmr ..........

In the end from what I could tell the problem arises when you are trying to use multiple parts of MC at the same time (e.g. perform a back test inside the main MC model whilst using the PowerLanguage Editor inside the same model as well).

The root cause may well be something to do with the OS or firewall, but by being very careful not to overlap processes I found that the problem didn't occur.