USD/JPY heavy volume times?

bootsyjam

Hi there,
I'm UK based and start work at 7am UK time.
I pay a lot of attention to volume in european fx pairs that is posted from 8am-9.30am as this is where really heavy volume flows through the market. As such, I pay a lot of attention to Support and Resistance that is made during this time period (top tip-you should do that as well!).

In terms of USDJPY I am slightly unsure of when these heavy volume flows exist. I have read this article which states that the best time to trade it is approx 12 noon to 4pm UK time.

The reason I am asking is that I saw a lovely set up this morning on USDJPY this morning, on volume/price action that was made from 6am to 7.30am UK time. Does anyone know whether, generally speaking, this is actually very light volume and should not be given too much weight, or is it, in general, a period of decent/heavy volume (if not to the levels seen in EURUSD from 8am-9.30 UK time).

Thanks for any help,

Bootsyjam

you cant measure volume in forex ..........despite what people concoct artificially - regarding ticks etc etc ........you cant measure volume

usd is pretty liquid 24 hour a day .......with 80% of all pairs containing usd in the mix (last time I looked) its got to be !

yen for me is rocking a lot of the time as well...........clearly if I was picking a timezone I would trade it Asian session .........however its always ok for me early London........probably us for me is its lowest vol period from memory

N

Hi NVP,
Thanks for replying. Yeah I know you can't measure volume in forex, but it's known that institutional flows are heavy from 8-9am (minimum) UK time in EUR/USD, GBP/USD/EURGBP, just not too sure of the pesky USJPY!
Yeah think you might be right, 8-9am UK time for USJPY, then 12-4pm for the afternoon (basically the US session)

Last edited: