Usd/cad

The pair bounced off 1.3095 and the last closed candlestick on the four-hour time frame is a doji, I think there will be a move to the downside towards 1.3000 - 1.2990.

The pair also formed a shooting star candlestick on the four-hour time frame below the resistance at 1.3095, but the pair is still consolidating sideways. Time will tell whether these signals are valid or not.

Last edited:
I agree, for now the pair is still quite bullish and testing the resistance at 1.3170. I don't have any positions open at the moment though, I might wait to see what the results of the FOMC statement will be first before I open new ones.

Struggling to break out of that range zone on weekly/monthly timeframe - moving averages are flat as well. Break-out to the upside should see 13600+?

Got a intra day long from 13150 with 40pips stop loss. Not expecting this trade to last too long.

25pips+ at the moment.

I think the pair will be stuck in the sideways consolidation that started yesterday between 1.3240 and 1.3190 until the Federal Funds rate announcement tomorrow.

Was taken out on few positions overnight on other FXs otherwise would consider 13125 as a buy entry for USD/CAD.

USD/CAD is quite bullish indeed, but it still hasn't broken above 1.3240 and I doubt that will happen before the FOMC statement later today.

"Was taken out on few positions overnight on other FXs otherwise would consider 13125 as a buy entry for USD/CAD. "

Would have considered a long here if it was earlier in the week. Will now sit on the sideline til next week.

USD/CAD formed a doji candlestick above the support at 1.3120 on the four-hour time frame and I opened a long position with target 1.3180.

Last edited:
I think that the asset will go for breaking the bottom line after reflecting from the upper bound.
USDCAD.jpg

USD/CAD seems to be in freefall right now. The nearest target is 1.3020 and I think it will likely reach it especially if it breaks below 1.3050.

The price on USD/CAD moves to resistance level. When 1.33 mark will be passed, I’m gonna sell.
495ba6f9c9bd49558d154c5f484c6553.jpg

The pair rebounded from 1.3140, but the drop once again ended at 1.3000 and it appears that the pair has formed a double bottom there. I expect a new move to the upside.

It looks like the pair is forming a relatively tight range. After the move to the upside yesterday USD/CAD rebounded from 1.3150 and more importantly, it formed a hanging man candlestick on the daily tile frame below the same resistance level. I think next target is 1.3000 again, especially if it breaks below 1.3080.