USA Forum

This one is a shame though

The world needs to educate our friends in the US more to help make it a better place .......

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...rom-mental-disorders-than-anyone-else/246035/

The irony is not lost on me about your statement. You, who is not educated telling me to get educated after having been educated already. "Where", you say? in a university.

While I will agree that most of the country is not any place I would like to visit, much less live in. I have been around the block a few times and I will take the "sunny-10-months-per-year" Newport Beach any day.

OMG, look at how many hyphens I just used. It is beginning to look like a post by @Forexmospherian.

This one is a shame though

The world needs to educate our friends in the US more to help make it a better place .......

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...rom-mental-disorders-than-anyone-else/246035/

Yes sadly so. Although I can't help thinking this applies to quite a few Western countries and our life styles in general.

Human's are social animals and are happier in mixed extended communities. I believe, children growing up in agricultural farming communities with grandparents are better than those living in the metropolitan capitalist jungle, surrounded by concrete, traffic, noise, pollution and both or one parent working with no extended family. Animal husbandry and looking after and living in ones environment are key beneficial factors too. Even the land has to looked after and understood with respect to crop rotation and fertiliser feeds etc.

In big city jungles outside of parental influence, one is simply left with peer group and the media as role models.

This issue of isolation is further compounded by lack of social care and disconnect. If one then throws in disturbed and abused young people who later become parents one can get to build a picture of our current issues in society with deviant and troubled individuals.

Heard a speech the other day from a German lady who's dad has a 70 hectare farm. She spoke about just how hard it was to survive these days and a number of farmers were thinking of selling out to developers. Key reason was to get out of the business and stay alive instead of going under. Dairy herd sold few years back. Primary reason is the to do with the price of milk and farm produce. Prices just keep going down, pressure from the single buyers with purchasing power. Profits then go to supermarket executives and shareholders who don't really do any work.

I do believe a lot of people would be far happier living in the outback in mother nature, with a simplistic life style. BUT they can't. The law of the land doesn't allow them.

This is sort of a country mouse and town mouse kind of a thang... :idea:

Last edited:
Yes sadly so. Although I can't help thinking this applies to quite a few Western countries and our life styles in general.

Human's are social animals and are happier in mixed extended communities. I believe, children growing up in agricultural farming communities with grandparents are better than those living in the metropolitan capitalist jungle, surrounded by concrete, traffic, noise, pollution and both or one parent working with no extended family. Animal husbandry and looking after and living in ones environment are key beneficial factors too. Even the land has to looked after and understood with respect to crop rotation and fertiliser feeds etc.

In big city jungles outside of parental influence, one is simply left with peer group and the media left as role models.

This issue of isolation is further compounded by lack of social care and disconnect. If one then throws in disturbed and abused young people who later become parents one can get build a picture of our current issues in society with deviant and troubled individuals.

Heard a speech the other day from a German lady who's dad has a 70 hectare farm. She spoke about just how hard it was to survive these days and a number of farmers were thinking of selling out to developers. Key reason was to get out of the business and stay alive instead of going under. Dairy herd sold few years back. Primary reason is the to do with the price of milk and farm produce. Prices just keep going down, pressure from the single buyers with purchasing power. Profits then go to supermarket executives and shareholders who don't really do any work.

I do believe a lot of people would be far happier living in the outback in mother nature, with a simplistic life style. BUT they can't. The law of the land doesn't allow them.

This is sort of a country mouse and town mouse kind of a thang... :idea:

You continue to sound as though you are describing your situation more than anybody else's.

You obviously have never been to Newport or anywhere in the OC. London has a population density 10 times greater. The UK is 40 times smaller but only has 5 times fewer people. Talk about a concrete jungle.

Biggest polluters in the world.
http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/who-are-the-worlds-biggest-polluters?articleId=USRTXRKSI

:rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the numbers: US police kill more in days than other countries do in years

The Guardian has built the most comprehensive database of US police killing ever published. Compare our findings to those from the UK, Australia, Iceland and beyond

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

Notice how the Guardian have started collecting statistics on this phenomenon as the USA dont think its important enough to bother counting how many people their police officers kill each day. :eek:

Fact: In the first 24 days of 2015, police in the US fatally shot more people than police did in England and Wales, combined, over the past 24 years.

Such lovely people.

http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/who-are-the-worlds-biggest-polluters?articleId=USRTXRKSI

The Guardian has built the most comprehensive database of US police killing ever published. Compare our findings to those from the UK, Australia, Iceland and beyond

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

Notice how the Guardian have started collecting statistics on this phenomenon as the USA dont think its important enough to bother counting how many people their police officers kill each day. :eek:

Fact: In the first 24 days of 2015, police in the US fatally shot more people than police did in England and Wales, combined, over the past 24 years.

Such lovely people.

The people that do not care, do not live in the cities where that happens. They are big, destitute and crime-ridden. Go on, show me an article about crime in Malibu or Newport Beach or Coto de Caza.

When we brought our kids to Disney World we happily went into the parks unarmed; the gun stayed hidden and locked in the car all day while we were in the park. (However, a gun was in our direct physical possession everywhere else we went during our vacation thanks to favorable concealed carry laws/reciprocity in the south.) Even if Disney’s policy allowed carry of firearms in the parks we would not want to. It is so safe and it isn’t the type of place where you would want to tote a gun around all day anyway. The walking, standing, brutal heat, the sweat and the light clothing required, getting in and out of rides, water rides, the kids everywhere, and the lack of a credible threat really discourages people like us from even wanting to carry. Frankly, this is one of only a few places that we actually believe firearm carry really is “unnecessary.” Once you get back in your car, you re-enter the real world and must once again be prepared to defend yourself. It really is nice to not have to worry about bad guys while at Disney World.

http://www.2acheck.com/disney-rating/

Here are some replies to the article on their website. Shocking mentality. :eek:

Joe
April 17, 2015 at 1:58 AM
As a guy who just spent a week going through the “fun” of the Disney parks, and a CCW instructor, I would have to disagree with this article. There is little more than a visual deterrent at the Disney facilities as far as security goes. They barely check your bag as you pass through their security check point and if you don’t have a bag they do nothing at all. I saw several people with firearms printing under their shirt. As far as there being little chance of anything violent happening, you’ve obviously never spent several hours baking in the 90 degree heat of Florida while waiting in a 90 minute line for a 2 minute ride. Maybe packed in with a few thousand people to try and watch a fireworks display, only to have someone shove in front of you to get a better view while blocking you from seeing anything. Maybe have a parent or 20 hit you in the ankle with a baby stroller? While I would agree I never felt unsafe in the park per se, I also didn’t feel like the security was nearly what they thought it was. It would be a fairly easy target for someone who wanted to do damage to a large group at once.

Ozz
May 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM
I agree. I too am a concealed carry instructor. I have been to Disney (I was there last year) and I was carrying the whole time. A bad guy could easily have taken out dozens of people (including a large number of children) with zero opposition other than those of us that chose to carry.

Comments by instructors too...

Citizen Soldier
March 15, 2015 at 4:59 PM
Ok, I guess I’ll make a comment here.. this one really lit my fire so forgive me if I seem a little abrasive. I work in the surveillance field- drones actually. And while your above article is very interesting, there are a few points I need to make clear. You make it sound as if there would be no threats in that park. You are so wrong it is shameful, you just pointed out to me all of their weaknesses. No wands, no pat downs, just bag searches… so any insane criminal could go out with bang and get trigger happy in the park. I find it hard to believe that you feel the only threats are a raping, robbing or a one off murder. Lack of a credible threat my back door…smdh. Look, I work hard at finding bad guys all day long 12 hours a day 7 days a week when I am actually ‘on the job’ If you think that Disney is a safe place you are out of your mind. And recommending others to disregard their own safety is beyond criminal. Now, if they had metal detectors and pat downs I’d reconsider. Disney is a wide open spot for a future attack against us and I will NOT go there unarmed and helpless to protect myself and my family. And if it’s prohibited then I just simply will not go there are other options. PS- not all bad guys are poor folk who can’t afford $100-$125. Matter of fact big gatherings of Americans is a bullseye that I plan on staying far away from.

:eek:

@Atilla, have you been to Anaheim or do you only post anecdotes as arguments? Anaheim is digusting and Disneyland is about 90% tourists and/or foreigners and 10% locals. There is not a high concentration of Americans there. However, I have not been in quite some time.

P.S. Disney World is Florida. Why I care about Florida? Anaheim is a far cry Malibu or Newport. It may be close but they are worlds apart. Maybe I have missed something living here. Do you have any gun toting anecdotes from my area?recently?

Such lovely people.

This post has me thinking... Can't get over the numbers really. SHOCKING!

If people with these mind sets treat their own with such disregard and contempt as potential 'credible threats', what do marines think with their weapons going out to fight 'da enemi' ???

Making the assumption; whether one becomes a police officer or marine is neither here or there as they originate from the same cesspit of a gene pool, of the society they find them selves in; then we shouldn't be surprised if the stereo typical image of a cowboy to shoot first then asks questions later is not far from the truth. :whistling

Another interesting statistic that should be maintained is how many police officers are killed in the line of duty? :idea:

This could be reflected in the appalling statistics againts the US and perhaps counter the shocking number of shootings/deaths.

Finally, I recall a Special Branch police officer who was a marksman got involved with couple of thugs on a train who threatened to throw his newly born baby out the window. Because he slapped one of them, he had his license to carry firearm revoked.

UK standards, training and selection criteria are so much higher than the yanks I doubt they could match our officers in any way. :!:

This post has me thinking... Can't get over the numbers really. SHOCKING!

If people with these mind sets treat their own with such disregard and contempt as potential 'credible threats', what do marines think with their weapons going out to fight 'da enemi' ???

Making the assumption; whether one becomes a police officer or marine is neither here or there as they originate from the same cesspit of a gene pool, of the society they find them selves in; then we shouldn't be surprised if the stereo typical image of a cowboy to shoot first then asks questions later is not far from the truth. :whistling

Another interesting statistic that should be maintained is how many police officers are killed in the line of duty? :idea:

This could be reflected in the appalling statistics againts the US and perhaps counter the shocking number of shootings/deaths.

Finally, I recall a Special Branch police officer who was a marksman got involved with couple of thugs on a train who threatened to throw his newly born baby out the window. Because he slapped one of them, he had his license to carry firearm revoked.

UK standards, training and selection criteria are so much higher than the yanks I doubt they could match our officers in any way. :!:

Why do I care about Florida? Anaheim is a far cry Malibu or Newport. It may be close but they are worlds apart. Maybe I have missed something living here. Do you have any gun toting anecdotes from my area recently?

Anything at all?

Not exactly. More whites get shot than blacks.

Attachments

• black and white.png
    black and white.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 154
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/20...eating.cnn/video/playlists/caught-on-dashcam/

Two police stop and beat black driver...

Arrested for resisting arrest and assault and then on possession of cocaine clearly shown switching hands between Police officers and planted in the car.

Guy has been working for Ford company for 40 years and never been arrested before.

Even the administration coming up with a load of B0ll0cks...

Land of the racist puritans. What a vile police officers.

In the eyes of the law all men should have equal rights.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for dash cams and phone videos to capture the abuse.

It's pretty obvious there is no integrity and cops word is about as useful and stand-up as a fish on a bike.

In absolute numbers yes but in terms of relative ratios far more blacks get killed according to those stats.

Given that Black crime v White crime is at 4.7 to 0.7 (2009) then far fewer blacks are being killed than statistically could be expected. But I doubt police showing positive discrimination in order to achieve this lower than expected outcome would grab the headlines.

We all of us tend to see what we want to see and discard the truth if inconvenient or unsupportive to our view.

Given that Black crime v White crime is at 4.7 to 0.7 (2009) then far fewer blacks are being killed than statistically could be expected. But I doubt police showing positive discrimination in order to achieve this lower than expected outcome would grab the headlines.

We all of us tend to see what we want to see and discard the truth if inconvenient or unsupportive to our view.

This then raises the question cause v effect. Being disenfranchised from participating in society or being excluded due to prejudice.

Opens up a whole can of worms.

Justice, law and order however, should be colour blind and treat all citizens equally.

We are talking about the number of assaults on black people! Are you suggesting the higher black crime figures explain the actions of the police or contributes towards them?

Re: evidence is clear in the videos. Criminal prosecutions should be judged on the event not based on other incidents.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-killed-police/19423

Also in the US in some Police Departments over 75% of the officers are white

I dont know whether any of you watch the "Cops" TV program on one of the satellite channels - but there is another "uncut " version on You Tube showing Police beating up suspects off the main camera.

I am also amazed how polite many US citizens are with the US Police - ie Yes sir - No sir etc etc

In the UK with our youths not having to worry too much about being shot they normally are not so respectful and more likely to say - get out of my face!!. I reckon if I was a Policeman faced with some of the scum they have to deal with I would be tempted to kick them in the balls ( off camera of course) and then interview them etc etc

Bring back Corporal Punishment and the whip - just make it more 21st Century and hi tech I say ;-))

In some countries the murder victims' family can decide on the punishment. Death or not.

The USA is so uptight about terrorism the country is turning into a police state. Obama should quickly set up a special court before he retires and a force to investigate police shootings.

Last edited: