US Dollar shown Rebound Signals. FOREX News:

Jason Rogers

2,772 93
Looking at dollar index and the COT report.
Interesting article: http://marketchartpattern.com/category/forex/dollar-index/

USDOLLAR formed a bullish Morning Star candlestick pattern above support at 10520, the February 17 low, hinting a move higher may be ahead.

Forex_US_Dollar_Recovery_Signaled_Ahead_SPX_500_Continues_to_Stall_body_Picture_5.png

Near-term resistance is at 10599, the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement, with a break above that initially exposing the 50% level at 10629.

DuCaan

164 9
Cool link. This must be the FXCM dollar index.
I believe its composition is different to the DX traded on the US ICE.

DuCaan

164 9
Interesting is that, it did form a lower low yesterday. Was looking for a lower low in the DX as well. But it is 56% EURUSD so bit skewed.

Jason Rogers

2,772 93
Cool link. This must be the FXCM dollar index.
I believe its composition is different to the DX traded on the US ICE.

Interesting is that, it did form a lower low yesterday. Was looking for a lower low in the DX as well. But it is 56% EURUSD so bit skewed.

That's right DuCaan :smart:

The ICE index (aka USDX) was developed in 1973 based on what was then a trade-weighted model. It has been updated once, when the Euro was created. As a result, the Euro accounts for more than 56% of the index's weighting.

By contrast, the Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index (aka USDOLLAR) gives equal weighting to the following major currency pairs: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and AUD/USD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock