US Dollar Index

STRTRADA

Established member
Hi,

I have been reading in many places that the US dollar index is a very useful tool when trading forex. As a result I am trying to find real-time quotes and charts for this paticular index....

So far I haven't been able to find any.....

If anyone does know I would appreciate it if you told me..:D
Thanks in advance

It's exchange traded, so there aren't really free intraday charts knocking about. You basically have three options;

1) Accept the fact that it is the longer term, not so much the intraday moves in DXY that are important;
2) Get some FX charts with DDE links to excel, go away and grab the formula to calculate the index, and have it running as a live price feed in excel;
3) Pay the exchange fees to have it live.

If I were you I would rank those choices in that order myself. At least until you're totally sure how to interpret the data.

GJ

Lol thanks for the advice....

Solved all of my problems.

I think I might go for the excel option.

Anyways thanks for helping me

Also be aware that the USD Index is like 75% weighted to EUR/USD. The two charts are generally going to look very similar.

EURO has created the greater level consolidation and created the downfall as predicted from 1.3721 to 1.3556 areas yesterday.
Today the trading range meanwhile Japanese session is 1.3526 to 1.3600.
Euro is predicted to create a rapid fall and recovery move below the low during the early European session and then swing and firm up during mid European.