Best Thread US day traders thread.

Jerry Olson said:
Hiya Cigar

thanks it was picture perfect actually...

semis are wildly bullish today

550 SOX new buy signal...

the NQ H6 just broke out at 1700 major b.o i would say
Yeah. We had a really bullish day today in everything. Although I gotta say this afternoon was sometimes hard to trade in stocks because there was no follow through.
GOOG was the catalyst for the sell off in the indices yesterday, but apparently the markets are resilient.

We got Michigan sentiment and ISM index tomorrow. So hopefully we'll get some action off that. But it also might be quiet tomorrow, considering all the action we had the last couple of days.

-Dave.

Hi Dave

we traded the semis all day long that SOX index flew up today rioght off the 50 period moving average on the daily candle chart. Gotta love that they lead this rally...

very important 1700 breakout on the NQ's reverses the trend and supprt held well...

hope you had a good day

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Dave

we traded the semis all day long that SOX index flew up today rioght off the 50 period moving average on the daily candle chart. Gotta love that they lead this rally...

very important 1700 breakout on the NQ's reverses the trend and supprt held well...

hope you had a good day
Very nice. It was a nice really day. The afternoon was a little boring, but managed to get some change out of sndk brcm mrvl.
But for the rest GOOG was really nice this morning again. There's a lot of fear in GOOG i think. Cuz the moves down are almost always on good volume and really big too. I think we have a lot of sell stops towards yesterday's sell off low.

Over all another really nice day. Hope you did good too.

-Dave.

thanks we did well today sticking with the sector that was a standout

we scalped brcm mrvl nvda(we loved that)

and alks

all and all we stopped tradfng at 3.30 and just relaxed..i hate to chase and give it back...

have a nice evening

regards

jerry

Jerry Olson said:
thanks we did well today sticking with the sector that was a standout

we scalped brcm mrvl nvda(we loved that)

and alks

all and all we stopped tradfng at 3.30 and just relaxed..i hate to chase and give it back...

have a nice evening

regards

jerry
Very nice. No chasing. I always let the trades come to me. If they don't come, there's no action, right?

You too have a good one tonight.

We'll be back first thing tomorrow morning, rested, relaxed, refreshed and RARIN' to go.

-Dave.

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Everyone

been wildly busy trading and sorry for the lack of posts

but wanted to post a pre market comment i made with chart on ALKS

ALKS---25.70 THE BTL---25.00 THE SST---INTERESTING DAILY CHART WITH A HARAMI BAR AT OR NEAR THE TOP OF THAT LARGE RANGE EXPANSION BAR. SHOULD MOVE UP TODAY. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ1.gif

super nice trader

all the SEMIS have been on fire

Interesting post Jerry, thanks for sharing.
The only observation i have, is the Harami pattern shown in the chart is bearish? (according to my ref book?? ) :rolleyes:

ignore feature

Gadgetman said:
Good tip, I didn't know about it. For anyone else interested, go to View Public Profile and it's an option, top right next to "Add to Buddy List"..........
Thanks Gadgetman,
How thoughtless of me not to include the instructions!
(Just find a post by the person you want to ignore, and click on their name.
Choose View public profile, and then click on the "add to ignore list" option.)
JO

HI Samtron

not really. I know the text book answer, but as a trader i use it differently.

If that narrow range bar is at the "top" of that larger range expansion bar.Then i conclude it's' going to be a contnuation of trend play.

if that bar was at te bottom of the other larger stick, then i would have shorted that stock.

so as traders we use the tools and the tactics that we've traded over and over again as a repetative reduntant pattern.

that's how i make my money. i trade the exact same patterns each day as they present themselves.

and Samtron they are there each and everyday

hope that helps

best regards

jerry

PitBull said:
Welcome aboard JonnyT

I used to read all your stuff on the forex threads before I found US stocks. Nothing else compares IMO.

Are you just trading AAPL or looking at other stocks too?

Just looking at the moment.

I've taken a 3 month contract so I will be a browser until the summer, though I might try a few evening trades

timsk said:
Hi JonnyT,
I suspect that I'm not the only person who has noted your interest in U.S. equities of late. I say this because I've got you pigeon holed as a die hard Forex trader, through and through! I imagine many other members also think of you in this way. Of course, there's nothing wrong in taking an interest in other markets and trading different instruments. Sensible, even. That said, I thought I read a post of yours recently - please correct me if I'm wrong about this - implying that Forex isn't treating you too well? If this is the reason - or part of it, anyway - for your interest, can you share with us what attracts you to U.S. equities specifically and why you believe and hope that they will serve you better than Forex? I realise this is a personal question and, as such, none of my business. But , as you are a T2W 'celeb' and someone who other Forex traders look to for guidance and inspiration etc., I think your answer would be of interest to the wider community. If you don't wish to respond, feel free to tell me to 'mind my own'; I won't take offence!
;)
Tim.

Well the short answer is I' ve traded Forex full time for four months and have made a loss. I've had to bite the bullet and take a job.

Several years ago I did take the Mr Charts course and on the day paper traded over £1000 profits. At the time I had a secure job etc and with family committments decided to continue working. Having been made redundant I gave trading a go, but with Forex. My interest with Forex had always been mechanical and some systems worked great for 18 months then stopped working. One system doubled my money in 4 weeks, then stopped dead despite a years backtesting showing how good it could be!

I now think Forex is saturated, everyones there and the market dynamics have changed. I now agree with Mr Charts that stock trading is the easiest and the one most likely to make you suceed.

JonnyT

following on with Jerrys setup.. expansion bar and harami (or small candle).. looking at the daily bars AAPL may be a setup for the downside. Maybe the expansion bar could be a little bigger.. I scrolled thro my list of regulars and this seemed the best candidate. Could be some for tomorrow after yesterdays big up day.

JonnyT said:
Well the short answer is I' ve traded Forex full time for four months and have made a loss. I've had to bite the bullet and take a job.
I now think Forex is saturated, everyones there and the market dynamics have changed. I now agree with Mr Charts that stock trading is the easiest and the one most likely to make you succeed.
JonnyT
JonnyT,
Thanks for the (swift) reply - and your honesty. It should help to instill some realism into the hoards of new traders lured into Forex by advertisers promising easy profits.
Good luck with your quest in the U.S. equities arena!
Cheers,
Tim.

Guys. GOOG analyst meeting!!!
This stock is the hottest on the block. MY GOD!!!

Long at 365.70 and 366 sold at 371.11 and 371,01 and short at 371.55 and 372 bought it all back 370.

short now at 369.5