Best Thread US day traders thread.

dvdh said:
Same here. Never go overnight either. Trade my corelist. GOOG AAPL SNDK and some more. And of course the gappers. The make most money.

-Dave.

Hiya guys,
Great to see a bit of action today, it was a little bit of a 2 man show here yesterday, me (a novice) and dvdh (wizard).

Anyway dave never say never, I have heard from a good source that late breaking news can make for good overnight plays. :eek:

Hi Samtron

well we do trade post market but no way we hold...not me pal...

i like to have a nights sleep.............................. :cheesy:

news on a little oil stock today IVAN

samtron said:
Hiya guys,
Great to see a bit of action today, it was a little bit of a 2 man show here yesterday, me (a novice) and dvdh (wizard).

Anyway dave never say never, I have heard from a good source that late breaking news can make for good overnight plays. :eek:

Samtron.The only trades that are sort of overnight are the postmarket trades. GOOG and AAPL you remember the news.I do. LOL. PitBull definately remembers AAPL. If I would ever go overnight I'll buy options to hedge the risk. Overnight I have no control and I'm a controlfreak. So, no overnight for me in stocks. Although sometimes I'll be betting on Oil or an index, but then I just use options to go overnight. But of course smalltime. But it's been a while though.

-Dave

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Samtron

well we do trade post market but no way we hold...not me pal...

i like to have a nights sleep.............................. :cheesy:

news on a little oil stock today IVAN
I saw IVAN. But I gotta say one way or another I just don't like these cheap things. Unless they move by the buck. LOL. I prefer High Beta stocks.
Looks like a quiet open for stocks. Not many gappers.

-Dave.

Merril Lynch real aggressive hard buyer right now. Just bought 1000 big contracts.

-Dave

there's a potential bullish divergence on the cci of the 3 min es h6 chart witha falling wedge too..

should pop to the upside soon...

Attachments

• OJ2[1].gif
    OJ2[1].gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 259
Jerry Olson said:
there's a potential bullish divergence on the cci of the 3 min es h6 chart witha falling wedge too..

should pop to the upside soon...
Gotcha. There are a couple big locals trying to push lower all the time. Merrill has been a bit of both sides. He also sold a couple on the way down. Locals pushed lower and hit some sell stops down there. It's quiet right now. This morning rocked again. Nice couple of trades in GOOG, ESRX, KOSP, RIMM, AMED and GILD.

-Dave.

Oil figures were as expected. Crude squeezed a little off that. Locals trying to get a bid going right now in the spooz. Still hearing some buyers. Merrill buying again too.

-Dave.

heres a shot of the 3 main sectors, SOX, biotech and computers. I like to keep a watch on these to see where they stand, perhaps showing me which stocks I ought to be watching.

Anyway, today seems a bit mixed up, SOX is the weakest of the 3, the other 2 having a go but no quite there.

Attachments

• sectors so far.PNG
    sectors so far.PNG
    39 KB · Views: 234
dvdh said:
Oil figures were as expected. Crude squeezed a little off that. Locals trying to get a bid going right now in the spooz. Still hearing some buyers. Merrill buying again too.

-Dave.

dave, do you find the squawkbox gives you a head-start on the charts? looks that way, if not a head start may be a heads up?

Interesting chart Jerry!

Only ever used CCI as o/b o/s indicator with RSI for the divergences, i guess you find CCI works better than RSI?

Do you apply the same methods on your stock charts?

Thanks, hampy

Cigar said:
heres a shot of the 3 main sectors, SOX, biotech and computers. I like to keep a watch on these to see where they stand, perhaps showing me which stocks I ought to be watching.

Anyway, today seems a bit mixed up, SOX is the weakest of the 3, the other 2 having a go but no quite there.

HI Cigar

sorry for the delay but was so busy today trading

and nw post market we nailed mrvl on a great report...

my Main Index is the SPX and thats the one i watch for market direction.

it gives me a good cross section of the whole street.

thanks for the nice charts

regards

jerry

hampy said:
Interesting chart Jerry!

Only ever used CCI as o/b o/s indicator with RSI for the divergences, i guess you find CCI works better than RSI?

Do you apply the same methods on your stock charts?

Thanks, hampy

Hiya Hampy

we are going nuts after hours trading MRVL long un freakin real....

as for the use of the CCI you bet you can use it on all time frames on stocks futures etc...

this is as close to the holy greial as a scalper can get...

i'll post charts when i can to show everyone the power of this tool.

have a great night...it's cosmos time :rolleyes: :LOL:

Thanks Jerry, looking forward to seeing those charts.
Have a good evening, goodnight from the UK :)

hampy

Cigar said:

great to see your charts Cigar
are you using any indicators in your set-ups?

Well yesterday certainly proved a very good day, both long and short. With ESRX , KOSPand RIMM being my stars.

RIMM gets more interesting by the day, with some Wall St analysts saying that they will settle out of court and rate it a strong buy. Definitely on my watchlist today and has produced the goods a few days running.

MRVL looks good after good results after hours, as well as NTES and BRCM.

The Naz doesn't know where it's going. It just stopped short of last Fridays high, and there was no follow through, so we sold off in the afternoon session, which helped my shorts BIG TIME. We'll probably see this back and forth direction for a few more sessions.

Good luck today

RIMM has just moved $2 in the space of 10 minutes. I got in before it broke 72 and sold on the spike at approx 74.

Amazing stuff.

PitBull said:
RIMM has just moved $2 in the space of 10 minutes. I got in before it broke 72 and sold on the spike at approx 74.

Amazing stuff.

Wow, you will be gutted as it raced up to 78, in 15 minutes. ;)