Best Thread US day traders thread.

UBSS is setting the range, both long and short. Driving the price up, then driving it down.

Bidu

Heck of a move overnight - up almost $10 from 51.69 close yesterday to 61.20 as I write!

One to watch ? I should think the volume might be up a bit today......

samtron said:
I was watching it, but GOOG is a bit rich for me, I would imagine dvdh had a mouthful!

Hi Samtron,

yeah. I took the whole move in GOOG.Long and short in the first bar. Then long when we broke the pivot at 368,17. Sold and shorted above 373. Bought it back a little early, because I wanted to do another trade.
Thanking you Level II. LOL.

-Dave.

samtron said:
Is UBSS scalping the RN on goog?
its having a job gettin thru!

Samtron,

marketmakers don't scalp. They just trade the moves they make themselves. They buy to trigger buyers and sell when they come in and the other way around.
By the way. I don't know of a stock that has soooo many active MM's as GOOG. You gotta watch' em all. There's even an ECN you gotta keep an eye on. You guys guess which one?

-Dave.

Gadgetman said:
Heck of a move overnight - up almost $10 from 51.69 close yesterday to 61.20 as I write!

One to watch ? I should think the volume might be up a bit today......
Don't forget this one's not shortable!

-Dave.

dvdh said:
Samtron,

marketmakers don't scalp. They just trade the moves they make themselves. They buy to trigger buyers and sell when they come in and the other way around.
By the way. I don't know of a stock that has soooo many active MM's as GOOG. You gotta watch' em all. There's even an ECN you gotta keep an eye on. You guys guess which one?

-Dave.

chipies?

good luck today guys may the force be with you.

dvdh said:
Samtron, if you said ARCA i would know too. LOL.
It's ARCA not ARCHA. LOL :LOL:

No it's BTRD. I'm not telling you why though. LOL.

-Dave.

cheers dave,
ha ha, I'll put it on my radar tonight and let you know why to-morrow :idea:

samtron said:
so who did all the selling today? :rolleyes: people who bought pre-market?
Probably. Or for example institutions that want to get out because they can get a good price now.

-dave.