Best Thread US day traders thread.

SAMTRON

they are the best of the best in my opinion...

you can do all of that... :rolleyes:

here's what the platform looks like, i can save you the paltforms fees to if you join my group there...

Attachments

• laserdesktop[2].html
    1.4 KB · Views: 320
Jerry Olson said:
SAMTRON

they are the best of the best in my opinion...

you can do all of that... :rolleyes:

here's what the platform looks like, i can save you the paltforms fees to if you join my group there...

Hi Jerry,
The link isn't working?

Attachments

• Dealing keyboard.gif
    Dealing keyboard.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 221
JonnyT said:
Can you not just trade of the charts?

There seems to be plenty of movement and opportunity with AAPL for example?

Yes, but L2 just adds another dimension.
I think this subject has been exhausted on these boards here anyway, about pro's and cons.

Take Jerry for example. Scalps purely from a chart. DVDH on the other hand, uses L2 only.

Each to their own.

BlueChip Trader said:
That's a cool layout Jerry! I like the order buttons.

I'm about to order one of these keyboard from a local supplier which you can configure with Laser platform.

Samtron, I'll pm you about Laser a little later.

Thanks Blue chip

we took that apart and tweaked it the way our group liked it

very fast fills the way we have it set up

Jerry Olson said:
HI Jonnyt

i trade aapl all day long for at least 1000 shares and get filled in less than 1 second using the Laser Platform of Genesis Securities..

We have it set up with a 2 cent spread using the Island Book...so we spray or sweep that order from the top of the book...instant fills without slippage...

i never use Level II to trade or even look at it while i am scalping...too many headfakes in there...

i'l post a snapshot of the layout shortly...
Hi Jerry,

You're using Genesis too? Isn't it the best system around. Never traded on a system that fast. You only got a 2 cent range. I have it set to 10 cent for the fast movers.
You get the headfakes because u are using Totalview instead of Level II. Genesis only has totalview.

-Dave.

BlueChip Trader said:
That's a cool layout Jerry! I like the order buttons.

I'm about to order one of these keyboard from a local supplier which you can configure with Laser platform.

Samtron, I'll pm you about Laser a little later.
Check the one from www.xkeys.com.

-Dave.

PitBull said:
Yes, but L2 just adds another dimension.
I think this subject has been exhausted on these boards here anyway, about pro's and cons.

Take Jerry for example. Scalps purely from a chart. DVDH on the other hand, uses L2 only.

Each to their own.
I use charts to spot the patterns and find the breakout levels. And L2 to finetune the entries and exits. On the open, I never look at charts. Only Level II. Because that's when everyone gets in a position. You can't see who's getting in what kind of position on the charts.

-Dave.

Jerry Olson said:
Thanks Blue chip

we took that apart and tweaked it the way our group liked it

very fast fills the way we have it set up
Jerry, I thought you didn't use LII?

hi The Bramble et all

Level II is part and parcel of the Laser Platform so it's there i just never watch it unless i have partial fill sometimes.

but for all intents and purposes this scalpers platform is the best i've ever used, and thats because i have a friend in the UK that took that basic platform and re worked it exactly for me and all our traders.

this thing is almost the "Holy Grail" --------------- :LOL:

Fast accurate and we made it easy for an old guy like me... i love to push bottons... :eek:

Hey btw fwiw i am going to invite my friend Ian to participate here, he's one nice guy we just met each other at the New York Expo in Manhattan a week ago.

i have a picture of him...but need his permission to send it to the group<g> :cheesy:

Hi Dave

thans for all the info

as for my style i am strictly a mechanical scalper using the 5 min time frame off the 20 period ema.

i use candlesticks intraaday but always combine them with Point & Figure charts which i have used for 10 years...

the combo is deadly...I gave the gang GRMN today at 69.00 using a buy stop and we all did quite well, that was P&F at it's best...

here;s the chart, of course the article in Barrons helped too............ :LOL:

http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ1.gif

Attachments

• OJ1[1].gif
    OJ1[1].gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 236
Jerry, you're a real enigma. A sclaper who doesn't use LII (much), uses a 5min chart with a 20EMA AND, wait for it, uses P&F - :eek:

I've not posted for a while, but always find these sort of debates interesting. My method kind of sits in the middle. I don't use L2 for entries - just simple price and volume. I also find too much 'noise' and I'm more of a 'daytrader' than a scalper. Basically I look for the day's news stocks (usually by scanning for gaps) and trade the opening breakout, then add on retracements. I have found that L2 helps me manage a trade. Quite often I'm about to close or close half, and I see one of the major MMs move their quote, so I just pause and watch. Often works my way.

I'm really interested in intraday P&F. I remember reading that P&F was originally developed for intraday use. I've never given it a proper intraday crack of the whip, but I do use it for swing trading stocks and indices, and to look for daily setups that I might trade intraday. I think the reason I haven't persisted intraday is that I've never been convined that it shows you more than bars or candles, and too many charts gives me analysis paralysis. To be honest we are all just looking for support and resistance levels (I thinks that's the key to successful intraday trading) and all charts show these in different ways. Easy to see on P&F, but also easy to see on candles. Jerry, I'd be really interested in your view on this.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:
TheBramble said:
Jerry, you're a real enigma. A sclaper who doesn't use LII (much), uses a 5min chart with a 20EMA AND, wait for it, uses P&F - :eek:

Hi The Bramble

hey i use what ever "brung" me to the dance floor. some chicken bones thrown recklessly on the ground if that worked i'll use it---- :rolleyes:

but i am an old bird that has tried everything over the years.

i am happy and satisfied with the final results of my tools and tactics.---- :LOL:

and yes i run a real time trading room on Paltalk.com

anyone is welcome to drop by anytime just e-mail me...

the markets were frisky yesterday the Bullish Percent on the OTC is now
just .60% away from a big breakout number at 58%.

Tech is not dead!!!

luck today all

jerry

laytonm said:
I've not posted for a while, but always find these sort of debates interesting. My method kind of sits in the middle. I don't use L2 for entries - just simple price and volume. I also find too much 'noise' and I'm more of a 'daytrader' than a scalper. Basically I look for the day's news stocks (usually by scanning for gaps) and trade the opening breakout, then add on retracements. I have found that L2 helps me manage a trade. Quite often I'm about to close or close half, and I see one of the major MMs move their quote, so I just pause and watch. Often works my way.

I'm really interested in intraday P&F. I remember reading that P&F was originally developed for intraday use. I've never given it a proper intraday crack of the whip, but I do use it for swing trading stocks and indices, and to look for daily setups that I might trade intraday. I think the reason I haven't persisted intraday is that I've never been convined that it shows you more than bars or candles, and too many charts gives me analysis paralysis. To be honest we are all just looking for support and resistance levels (I thinks that's the key to successful intraday trading) and all charts show these in different ways. Easy to see on P&F, but also easy to see on candles. Jerry, I'd be really interested in your view on this.

Cheers

Mark

HI Mark

I use both candles and P&F together. I strictly trade intraday off the candles using simply the 5 min time frame with the 20 period ema. I will post my workspace here if anyone wishes to check it ou on Esignal.

As for the use of P&F intraday it works best in conjunctioin with the candles. I called GRMN yesterday in my real timeroom at 69.00 we placed buy stiops there for the expected reakoutfter the goodnews article in Barrons.

Well you can see the results. P&F is very powerful as an added tool of the trader.

but as a scalp trader i like candles...i only trade about 3-4 patterns too, i have to keep thngs simple...

hope this helps..

best regards

jerry

OK, I think I see. Sounds like your are using the P&F as a set up and then pulling the trigger off the candles intraday ?

Thanks

Mark

Jerry Olson said:
HI Mark

I use both candles and P&F together. I strictly trade intraday off the candles using simply the 5 min time frame with the 20 period ema. I will post my workspace here if anyone wishes to check it ou on Esignal.

As for the use of P&F intraday it works best in conjunctioin with the candles. I called GRMN yesterday in my real timeroom at 69.00 we placed buy stiops there for the expected reakoutfter the goodnews article in Barrons.

Well you can see the results. P&F is very powerful as an added tool of the trader.

but as a scalp trader i like candles...i only trade about 3-4 patterns too, i have to keep thngs simple...

hope this helps..

best regards

jerry