Best Thread US day traders thread.

Naz - no offence but you are rather making yourself look like you are here just to plug your services with posts like this.

That indicator pitch sure does sound like the pitch I wrote for Pedro's special "Oil of Snake breakout alerter...." Do we have the same copywriter ??? :cheesy:

Thats why he has VENDOR status (See the sign below his name on the Left):whistling

Hi Pedro,

I fully understand.
If this was back in the early days of 2001 when it was just a very keen small group of traders chatting to each other then I could say "Guess what guys you know when you get analysis paralysis and sometime s aren't sure of your next move, what if your charts were programmed to do this and that and signaled where the possible next move is whilst controlling risk?"

What are you talking about they'd say, and then I could show them and they'd either smile or show some interest and we'd chat about it further. Others could have joined the chat and it would have made a nice thread to read for a while.

Now years later when so many people are trying to get in on the trading bandwagon, I'm stuck in a position where I'm a trader who designed things for myself initially but I can't talk about so many things because of the way that things have changed over the years and of course it comes over like you say.

What I can say is that Tradestation flew me to Chicago to help me with my ideas, had a compliance officer sit in for a full day when I first demonstrated them in a live trading seminar and now invite me to talk about them one the same platform as themselves.

I trade them every day like so many other traders but I now realise that in mentioning them I'm now tagged in that group you mention. It's a difficult one.

I've only recently come back posting after concentrating on my trading for the last few years and I'm slowly getting to grips with how things have changed on the boards. I will try to conform as much as I can and not mention some of the things I use. Thanks for being so understanding.

Last edited:
Good post Alan - this site has more than it's fair share of snake oil salesmen & I have it on good authority that you aren't one of them...

Still - a single indicator that tells you whether to buy or sell and is all you need to trade does sound quite grail-esque. I would presume there is a lot more to it than that or are you saying it's something I can leave my girlfriend in front of for a week and come back better off for the experience ?

Now I feel like I shouldn't talk about it!

All that happened was that I had an idea based on my trading experiences. No one took to much interest but I thought I had something. It wasn't the indicator but the psychology behind the design of the indicator that only a trader would undertsand.

I had one programmer help and got no where and it was only when I was dining out with the people from Tradestation that things kicked off. When it was finished I then had to prove it worked and that meant live trading in front of serious traders and a compliance officer. I even demostrated its effectiveness in front of professional day traders near Wall Street. To me that was the hardest test.

But one of the most interesting one was when I was talking to FX traders in London on the same show as a big FX trader/author. After I came off he asked me if he could have it for his FX trading. I smiled because I knew he'd seen through the indictor and understood the psychology behind it.

I looked at the problems we have when trading and tried to address them. It's only when you undertstand the psychology behind it do you grasp it's effectieveness. I hold free trading shows where I explain things more. I'm sure I will do more before the end of the year and I'll leave my comments on it for there.

Last edited:
The Real Deal

It's not a bad idea to promote your services or tools, as long as you do what you say on the tin. Sure there are deadbeat trader educators all over the place looking to rip people off. Some trainers though have proved themselves over the years and for that reason they are respected community members.

No doubt, if things start to change, word will soon get out and they will lose their standing. That's one of the good things about the net.;)

Moving on from that. At least you know one way I get the bigger moves day trading now, people can make thier own mind up about it.

One of the things that happens with day traders they don't get to many good moves they scaramble about for 20-40 point moves. I try and get 100 points a day and push it when I'm over that. If I'm trading US stocks, those things move and when they do I'll make 100-400-800-1000 points in a day. I've just put my account up in my blog on my web site for one 1000 point day. Just four trades.

The best day last year was 3,300 points in 75 mins. Trading the whole moves live in an online US trading room. Refrences supplied just contact me and I'll put you in touch with the trading trading company who saw me do it.

Now on to my trades right now. The key thing at the moment is US earnings, Intel came out and they were good and the next big one is J P Morgan, then Goldman and Google. I'm playing the big move into these results by turning some day trades into swing trades. Its been going on for well over a week now. I talked about it in this blog when I took them.

If I take a day trade for an entry into a potential big move my risk is very small compared to the swing trader, so if it fails I dont loose very much but the overall risk/rewards is just enourmous so it's worth doing. That is how I'm playing US earnings right now, I'm playing the big move and this is the eighth trading day I've been riding the move.

At the end of the day it's how much profit your account shows and I'll use any trading tactic that I've learnt from trading for a living in the last ten years to achieve that aim. Of course it might be different from how many others see things but thats the edge!

If you click on NAZ above my photo, one drop down box will say visit Naz's home page. This is where I run my blog and I update things all the time there. I just posted my account entry point for one the positions I'm playing that takes advantage of US earnings.

So many others are on the Gold miners at the moment. My best one on this latest move is CEY which is up 30% in the last eight days. All of them were day trades that I turned into swing trades. If they hadn't have moved I'd have just banked the profits on the day.

However as you know I have lots of things that help me indicate the next possible move and they helped me in my timing and managing my positions.

I'm speaking at a traders meeting this Sat where I shall be talking about Day trading and I'll explain how I get timing right and how to get bigger moves. It's free, details in my blog on my web site.

Afterwards at 12 noon I'll be in the bar, informally just chatting about day trading to anyone who cares to join me. Any traders are welcome at either of these two points of the day.

At the next traders meeting on Nov 14th a New York trader will be talking about the things he does.

Naz? What do you think about HMDI? Hearing really good things with them and their Nasdaq counter part. Time to grab is now?

Thanks.

Hi Elsmurfo, Thanks for that I'll check it out.

Google did well I've just been writing about the move for some other traders with all the action in the post market charts.

All the day trades that I turned into swing trades, mentioned on Oct 5th in this thread are now seriously in profit after two weeks going straight up because I rode the wave into earnings.

Now earnings are coming out I'm putting my timing tools on my charts because a trader sells into strength and I don't know if this move will continue or start stalling, but I need to start managing these profits.

Timing tools are a great help to traders when managing positions, because greed can start making a trader fret and their analysis could could turn to paralysis which throws all the good work they've done out of the window and they miss out on even bigger moves. Day traders esepcially take profits too soon sometimes. Timing tools help.

As a full time trader I want the very best timing tools, so thats why I had my own designed. I showed one of them on the GOOG results last night in my blog that gave a great timing entry for a 1400 point move. It takes the stress out of understanding whats happening. Stress that can ruin perfectly good trades.

Other traders may use different timing tools. I just prefer the ones I've got because I've done so well with them.

What have I done in the last two weeks is I've played earnings for the bigger move. Making a very decent profit that adds enormously to my account. Now I need to really work hard with that profit and make sure I get the most out of it. That's why I'll now add the timing tools to those trades to get the most out of these moves. I just need to select the right time frame for that management.

Hi Seguna,

Yes that was the after hours move I showed.

I've updated the site blog with pictures of the traders meeting I mentioned in this thread.

For others who might not know, click on the word Naz in the top left of this post, then click, visit Naz's homepage and the blog is there on the front page under trading news.

New week and another big week for US earnings. One I'll be following is Apple.

Possibly. The very fact that, last I checked, it was roughly $1 away from making an all-time high suggests that there could be resistance at that point which may trigger selling. On the other hand, given these uncertain economic times, a popular stock making all time highs could trigger some solid buying pressure. You'll never know. I always trade other traders' reaction to news, not the news itself. So we'll see what happens on AAPL tomorrow.

Just checked pre-market activity and it seems AAPL has now broken the all time high of 202.96 and has traded all the way to 204.85 at some point during pre-market.

My Apple entry and how I played it is in my blog. I'm up 1,500 points on the move and will carry on trading it today.