"Unsubscribing to threads" question

alexaherself

Established member
Guys, I really ought to know this by now, but I just don't, and it's easier to ask than search. :eek:

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me whether there's a "default way" of unsubscribing from threads in which I post, so that I don't get emails notifying me of each subsequent post in them, without remembering to click on "Unsubscribe from this thread" at the top of the page, whenever I first post in a new thread.

I have the feeling that there must be a simple "override" way of doing this? But I haven't found it. Thanks in advance for any kind reply!

Have a look in your settings Alexa, im sure there is a option to turn off email notifications somewhere.

Alexa,
Top of the page, beneath the main red header panel, but above the posts, there is a red cross and an option to unsubscribe.
Tim.

Thanks, Tim ... have seen that one. I was wondering if there's a default/global way of doing it in "settings", or whatever, so that one doesn't need to remember to do that in each individual thread in which one posts? (Surely?) :|

. . . I was wondering if there's a default/global way of doing it in "settings", or whatever, so that one doesn't need to remember to do that in each individual thread in which one posts? (Surely?) :|
Hi Alexa,
Apologies - you did say - I posted this in a hurry just before going out. Allow me to try again . . .

To remove all your current subscriptions in one go:
Go to 'Settings' (top right in red header panel) > 'My Control Panel' > scroll down to 'Subscribed Threads' > click on 'Edit Folders' > remove the folder name from the list to delete it.

To ensure you don't receive e-mails to threads you post to in the future:
Go to 'Settings' (top right in red header panel) > 'My Control Panel' > scroll down to 'Settings & Options' > click on 'Edit Options' > go to 2nd box entitled 'Messaging & Notification' > go to 2nd box (again) entitled 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' > select 'do not subscribe' from the drop down menu.

I think that should do it!
;)
Tim.

Ah yes ... that'll certainly be the one. Many thanks, Tim: someone less technophobic and incompetent than I would have worked this out for herself. :eek: :cool: