"Unsubscribing to threads" question

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Guys, I really ought to know this by now, but I just don't, and it's easier to ask than search. :eek:

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me whether there's a "default way" of unsubscribing from threads in which I post, so that I don't get emails notifying me of each subsequent post in them, without remembering to click on "Unsubscribe from this thread" at the top of the page, whenever I first post in a new thread.

I have the feeling that there must be a simple "override" way of doing this? But I haven't found it. Thanks in advance for any kind reply!

timsk

Legendary member
7,601 2,376
Alexa,
Top of the page, beneath the main red header panel, but above the posts, there is a red cross and an option to unsubscribe.
Tim.

Reactions: alexaherself

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Thanks, Tim ... have seen that one. I was wondering if there's a default/global way of doing it in "settings", or whatever, so that one doesn't need to remember to do that in each individual thread in which one posts? (Surely?) :|

timsk

Legendary member
7,601 2,376
. . . I was wondering if there's a default/global way of doing it in "settings", or whatever, so that one doesn't need to remember to do that in each individual thread in which one posts? (Surely?) :|
Hi Alexa,
Apologies - you did say - I posted this in a hurry just before going out. Allow me to try again . . .

To remove all your current subscriptions in one go:
Go to 'Settings' (top right in red header panel) > 'My Control Panel' > scroll down to 'Subscribed Threads' > click on 'Edit Folders' > remove the folder name from the list to delete it.

To ensure you don't receive e-mails to threads you post to in the future:
Go to 'Settings' (top right in red header panel) > 'My Control Panel' > scroll down to 'Settings & Options' > click on 'Edit Options' > go to 2nd box entitled 'Messaging & Notification' > go to 2nd box (again) entitled 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' > select 'do not subscribe' from the drop down menu.

I think that should do it!
;)
Tim.

Reactions: alexaherself

alexaherself

Established member
560 149
Ah yes ... that'll certainly be the one. Many thanks, Tim: someone less technophobic and incompetent than I would have worked this out for herself. :eek: :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock