Universal Stock Futures

neil

Legendary member
5,167 747
USF's are advertised by LIFFE.

has anyone traded them?

What do you consider to be their advantages (if any) ?

can you short them ?

regards

Neil

options

2,374 218
Neil.
Usf's are traded by most futures brokers, and you can short them the same as a spreadbet. Either for daytrading or for the longer term. As you probably know it's a postion on the stocks future price, same as ftse march contract for instance.
I have had a quick look at these but as yet can find no way to compare them with anything the spreadbetting firms quote. (So no loss there then.)

I mean I have not been able to chart them real time, so for me I will not trade them.
Same as future contracts or options. IE the leverage side of things. One contract normally 1000 shares. No stamp duty and contracts are around £2.00. per contract through the broker.

Get it right and it pays well; get it wrong and you are in deep. Money is up front to cover margin. (Oh how I long for the old days, when you could open a trade for £10,000 and close it a week later without paying a penny.)
I personally think they are a very good idea. Just a pity about the charts.
If anyone knows different about the charts please let me know.

John. (options)

Last edited:

options

2,374 218
It is possible to trade these using the normal share chart.
But for me, it is not something I would like to do.

John. (options)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock