Some Questions re: e*trade UK and some basic futures questions

mouthwash

Hi,

I am interested in trading USF and FTSE100 Index futures and have some questions re: e*trade and futures in general and would be grateful for some advice.

1. Has anyone used e*trade in the UK? If so what are your thoughts?
2. I have not traded futures before. Is DMA available as it is with CFD's or is the spread so small that there is no need to buy the bid/sell the offer and it is therefore not made available?
3. Are guaranteed stop losses available with futures as they are with CFD/spead betting (to protect against gapping if you were holding an overnight position)?
4. Are the live streaming prices/charts at e*tradeUK good enough so as not to need a separate data provider/chart program?

Many thanks.

tonyleongson said:
Hi,

I am interested in trading USF and FTSE100 Index futures and have some questions re: e*trade and futures in general and would be grateful for some advice.

1. Has anyone used e*trade in the UK? If so what are your thoughts?
2. I have not traded futures before. Is DMA available as it is with CFD's or is the spread so small that there is no need to buy the bid/sell the offer and it is therefore not made available?
3. Are guaranteed stop losses available with futures as they are with CFD/spead betting (to protect against gapping if you were holding an overnight position)?
4. Are the live streaming prices/charts at e*tradeUK good enough so as not to need a separate data provider/chart program?

Many thanks.

Hi Tony

I've had no dealings with e trade but you might also take a look at spread bet co's who provide most financial derivatives including futures and options with no capital gains to pay. Try cantorindex.co.uk

This next link provides a free live feed with indicators but you have to keep refreshing the page.

http://finance.lycos.com/qc/livecharts/default.aspx?symbols=

I'm looking for a reliable live feed and don't mind the subs if anyone can recommend one ??

Happy and Successful Trading

Peter 1 :LOL:

spreadbet companies do not provide exchange traded futtures - they supply OTC derivatives for which they create their own prices and which have all the disadvantages of exchange traded futures but none of the advantages

Peter1

to learn more about trading - get CQG - the best charting package by far