Ukraine invasion

Putin's speeches.
Do your homework, not everything is US conspiracy like you pretend.
CV,
If you've watched the Mearsheimer videos I've posted you'll know that there's virtually no evidence to suggest that Putin has imperialist ambitions. On the other hand, there's a mountain of evidence that supports Nato expansion - which is a variation on the theme of imperialism - i.e. same difference.

What I'm struggling to understand is how you think the conflict is going to play out - how it's going to end? What's stopping you from joining 'our' side and demanding a ceasefire and getting Biden, Zelensky and Putin to knock their heads together around the negotiating table and thrash out a settlement? With that in mind, please answer the following binary questions with a simple yes or no answer . . .

1. Do you accept that Russia is winning the war (and I define winning for Russia as creating a land bridge with Crimea, protecting the separatist regions in the east and ridding Ukraine of it's Nazi extremists)?
2. Do you accept that all the money, arms and munitions that the west throws at Zelensky will merely extend the duration of the war, resulting in more needless death and destruction, but won't alter its outcome?
3. Do you accept that the only way Zelensky and the U.S. can win the war (and I define winning for them as driving out all Russian forces and reclaiming the 20% territory now under Russian control) is by direct Nato intervention?
4. Do you further accept that if this happens then the prospect of the conflict turning nuclear increases dramatically, which is a risk not worth taking and must be avoided at all costs?

Let's see what we can agree upon which will highlight the sticking points that separates us. I'm assuming that unlike Biden, BoJo and the military industrial complex who want to keep the war going - that you want it to end asap?
Tim.

Let's see what we can agree upon which will highlight the sticking points that separates us. I'm assuming that unlike Biden, BoJo and the military industrial complex who want to keep the war going - that you want it to end asap?
You are right, Putin should withdraw asap to prevent Biden and Bojo to make money for the warmongers.

I see now, but aren't you reading a little too much into people feeling proud adn good about their history and what they may have achieved in the past.

This is just usual rhetoric what most countries trumpet about the highlights in their past.

MAGA comes to mind because they are feeling loss of power.

UK CommonWealth comes to mind, all their colonies now free nations and kicking our ass in cricket.

China has had quite a few Dynasties.

You think all these countries just suddenly in their nostalgia kick off wars to take back territories they controlled 00s of years ago?

I agree but you have to explain it to Putin.
His vision is that the end of USSR is a catastrophe so he is occupying parts of his neighbors creating puppet states, autonomy is only an excuse, he distributes russian passports.
Russian army + ruble + russian passports = russian puppet state.
There is nothing to gain for russian citizens and low strategic value, only nostalgia for the past glory.

Last edited:
His vision is that the end of USSR is a catastrophe so he is occupying parts of his neighbors creating puppet states, autonomy is only an excuse, he distributes russian passports.
There is nothing to gain for russian citizens and low strategic value, only nostalgia for the past glory.

Off Topic.
I bet you wonder why you ever joined this forum ! :ROFLMAO:

Too many people here with far too much time on their hands.
There has to be more to life than "arguing on tinterwebs"

On Topic

Putin is still a total c*nt, a relic from a bygone era.

So you're not going to respond to my simple questions CV. Disappointing.
Anyone else on CV's side of the argument care to address them?
:rolleyes:

I think your arguments are well made constructed and surgically precise and incisive. (y)

Off Topic.
I bet you wonder why you ever joined this forum ! :ROFLMAO:

Too many people here with far too much time on their hands.
There has to be more to life than "arguing on tinterwebs"

On Topic

Putin is still a total c*nt, a relic from a bygone era.
She is soooo right!

1656515610962.png

1656515645701.png

🥰

So you're not going to respond to my simple questions CV. Disappointing.
Anyone else on CV's side of the argument care to address them?
:rolleyes:
My answer is NO to all of your questions, I will give you my complete explaination when I have more time.

1. Do you accept that Russia is winning the war (and I define winning for Russia as creating a land bridge with Crimea, protecting the separatist regions in the east and ridding Ukraine of it's Nazi extremists)?
No, Russia is winning the battle for Donbas, it is not winning the war.
2. Do you accept that all the money, arms and munitions that the west throws at Zelensky will merely extend the duration of the war, resulting in more needless death and destruction, but won't alter its outcome?
No, without help Russia would have taken all Ukraine, with help going on Ukraine will push back russians. It will be slow.
3. Do you accept that the only way Zelensky and the U.S. can win the war (and I define winning for them as driving out all Russian forces and reclaiming the 20% territory now under Russian control) is by direct Nato intervention?
No, Zelensky is not asking for direct Nato intervention, because he knows that ammo and equipment are enough to push back russians.
4. Do you further accept that if this happens then the prospect of the conflict turning nuclear increases dramatically, which is a risk not worth taking and must be avoided at all costs?
Ther will not be any Nato intervention, at least not for Ukraine.
BTW in my opinion the nuclear risk is the same than before the war.

These are ridiculously small areas against NATO expansion since the end of the USSR.

Every territory or (NATO member) country has its own history.

A non argument if ever I heard one.

This climate change lot might have a point if they ever addressed the issue of, how we get to the promised land without using fossil fuels that power the development of the infrastructure required to get there.

Until that happens, she and all the rest of them should STFU.

No, Russia is winning the battle for Donbas, it is not winning the war.
I'm struggling to understand your logic CV, which appears to be that the more Ukrainian territory that Zelensky loses to Putin - the more he (Zelensky) is winning the war. That makes no sense to me!
No, without help Russia would have taken all Ukraine, with help going on Ukraine will push back russians. It will be slow.
Let me get this straight. You think that the military aid from the U.S. and others will not only stop the Russian advance, but cause Russian forces to retreat? You'll need to provide some evidence to support that - otherwise it's nothing more than wishful thinking.
No, Zelensky is not asking for direct Nato intervention, because he knows that ammo and equipment are enough to push back russians.
What makes you think that? He's asked for much more - waaaaaaay more - equipment than he's been given - and even if he got what he asked for it's still nowhere near enough even to replace what he's lost since the start of the war. Day by day, the numbers of kit and personnel are falling. Surely you understand that that is totally unsustainable?
Ther will not be any Nato intervention, at least not for Ukraine.
BTW in my opinion the nuclear risk is the same than before the war.
If there's no Nato intervention and Ukraine continues to lose soldiers and kit faster than they can be replaced, how on earth do you imagine they're going to repel the Russians? Please explain.
Tim.

Russia is losing troops and equipment faster than Ukraine, it is the price for their conquests in Donbas.
The point is that it is an artillery war and Russia have 10 times more.
For Russia we have soviet equipment replaced with older soviet equipment.
For Ukraine we have soviet equipment replaced with Nato equipment that is getting better with time and training.
Ukraine has won phase 1 in March.
Russia is winning phase 2.
Phase 3 will begin in the second half of July with Ukraine fully equipped.