Ukraine invasion

Who is quoted as saying...

“The commanders of ISIL are considered some of the more wise and successful commanders that there are currently. Everything is thought through in detail, even the degree of cruelty. Cruelty for show – it is inhumane, but it is of a very high level, a wise strategy, taking their particular interests into account.”

and another...

“They are acting very correctly, I even have a notebook where I analyze ISIL in great detail, the best practices of running their business, the way they govern. Those methods, the world needs them, even though this means terrorism, medieval levels of cruelty, burning people alive, shooting them or cutting off their heads, etc. This is absolutely the way of the future.”

?

Let me guess At' - was it Putin? If not him, then a senior official within his administration? Oh no, wait a minute, I've got that wrong, completely ar$e about face, it was a senior official in Zelensky''s administration. Silly me!
Ukrainian top official shows his admiration for ISIS

Yes very and very quick to reply Tim.

These are the policies of Zelensky and his administration since 2014.

Simply that the news is not reported and thus atrocities do not exist in the eyes of the West.

I suspect the West feels they have done enough to tarnish Russia's reputation and name and can safely move on allowing Zelensky to get on with his sh!t show.

Apparently he has been getting frustrated with the West and their lack of support. I'm a little surprised at his reactions as what was he expecting? He is not a hero anymore. Just Zelensky the West's shoe shine boy. Make us look and feel good about how we are the good guys.

Anyhow, our bloggers on this thread who are champions of Ukraine should know who is in their ranks and the sentiments they hold. To rule by fear and intimidation.

One of Vladimir Zelensky's closest friends and associates, Aleksey Arestovich often boasts about being one of the architects of Ukraine's psychological and information warfare strategy.

He will be given a medal and held up to speak in the Senate and Parliament and clapped until his pockets are full of shiny stuff.

Aleksey Arestovich
1653609579105.png

Are sanctions making Russia richer?
". . . The answer from the Bank of Russia’s balance of payment data for January to April isn’t reassuring [from the west's perspective]. It showed that the sanctions are emphatically not working, at least not in the way that they were intended. Russia’s current account surplus (roughly speaking: exports minus imports) jumped to an all-time high at $96 billion – almost four times the same period last year. The total balance of goods and services shows an even wider gap: $106 billion, treble that of last year. . ."

This is the first article I'm seeing that borders on reason.
As I said in a post yesterday, we're going to see more and more articles of this nature as the reality of what's actually going on starts to kick in. The good news is that it's Germany who hosts the bulk of the realists in the west and, with her power and influence within the EU, fingers crossed this will translate into a gradual softening of the hawkish war rhetoric from Ursula von de Leyan et al, and into a more reasonable dovish tone that will result in Zelensky negotiating with Putin. The sooner that happens the better it will be for Ukraine, as the longer Zelensky leaves it, the weaker his negotiating position will become and, in the meantime, more lives will be needlessly lost and more infrastructure destroyed. Negotiation asap is an absolute no-brainer, IMO.
Tim.

It looks like Ukrainian Nazi's are not welcome in Poland

@CavaliereVerde Did you like the post without being able to watch it? I can't as the BBC player says it works only in UK - "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues." Is the BBC iPlayer made by nationalists? ;)

So I don't know what's show in that video.
The English wiki about Navalny does not show the source that Putin (and the doctors in Omsk) saved his live on request of his wife, the German wiki abount Navalny does. Probably reason: Germany was involved in his healing process in Berlin and the document is written in German language. Putin (and Angela Merkel) made it possible that he could leave Russia to go to Germany besides there were open trials and court requirements and restrictions against him. (source Page 37 ff. in German language).
That was also documented by the Guardian.
The trials against him were not political, but economical as he (as others in Russia) took business opportunities and violated Russian laws when the business was running, mainly accused for embezzlement of money and fraud.

The investigation of the poison was always without Russian involvement, despite their multiple requests for investigation results and samples, so there is a significant possibility that he was not poisoned by Russian agents at all, but by other foreign agents with a different, unregistered poison than Novichok.

The English wikipedia does not show that Navalny was a Russin nationalist, mainly against migration.

The Chapter in the German wikipedia "Konstatierte Nähe zum Nationalismus" (Stated proximity to nationalism) looks deleted and rewritten in the English wiki, as the German version has a lot of sources.

In 2014 Navalny fully supported the annexion of Crimea (his original statement was that he would not return Crimea) and added that the Donbas should belong to Russia. In 2017 he had a changed position so it is interesting when, how and why he changed his position away from a Russin nationalist.

What did BBC show about this?

This post is a very clear indication and shows the desperation of the Western Media and your ilk so very much wanting to believe the tosh that is put out.

This is some old lady who is not happy with her government that she sprouts rubbish without understanding anything much at all.

I would suggest the Russian government stop her pension contributions much like what Ukraine has done, and give her instructions to go and live in the Donbass region.

She says Russia is bad and the separatists don't know what they are dying for. She asks why they are holding Russian flags, they should put them down because they obviously have no comprehension of Russia where she lives. What a biggot as if all those people in Donbass don't know anything about Russia and have no connections at all.

No mention of NATO, WMD or 13000 deaths. Really now? So we drop the big picture and focus on an old woman's rant about Putin and imperial Russia wanting to expand her borders.

Facts on the ground say otherwise.
1653819331441.png

Western propoganda. NATO is expanding to Russian borders to stop Russia from expanding her borders. You can believe in fairies but rest of the world and increasingly Europe see how wrong this all is.

I was chatting with an ex RAF pilot the other day. He thinks UK and US making big mistake disturbing the peace. He said when he was younger he would have sucked it all up and jumped into his plane. Now retired he sees politics so much differently he said. He doesn't like what he sees either.