Ukraine invasion

A non-partisan research post - London
----------------------------------------------------
  • The Russian military (America’s second greatest adversary) is being devastated at relatively little cost and without risking the life of a single U.S. servicemember.
  • For context, the $24B the U.S. has spent on security assistance to Ukraine amounts to less than thee percent (3%) of last year’s defense budget.
  • Since February 24, the Russian military has lost more than half of its main battle tanks and, within just three months of the war, suffered more casualties than it did in the nine-year Soviet-Afghanistan war.
  • Whereas the Putin regime has spent approx. a quarter (25%) of its budget on the war,
  • U.S. support for Ukraine to date is closer to 1.5 percent (1.5%) of our federal budget.

GasLight.jpg
Biden-1-.jpeg

Hi joyny,
You kick off with: "Putin's invasion of Ukraine indeed failed to achieve its objective of bringing the entire country under control, as now only parts of it are targeted". Firstly, what makes you think that Putin's objective was to bring the entire country under control (whatever that means?) and, secondly, even if that was his aim (which is news to me), what makes you think he's failed? After all, the war is ongoing and Russia is clearly winning it.

You're right about NATO expanding by bringing Finland and Sweden on board. However, that would likely have happened anyway in the fullness of time and is not Russia's primary concern. Ukraine joining NATO is what it must prevent at all costs because it represents a clear and obvious existential threat. As Putin said in his interview with Tucker Carlson, it would be an act of gross incompetence for any Russian leader to allow that to happen - or words to that effect.

You also assert that the west is democratic; what makes you think that? Sure, there is a thin veneer of democracy, but nothing more than that. Very little that the government does has been approved by the electorate, and much of what it promised it would do (in its manifesto if re-elected) - it has failed to do. Lamentably so. IMO, our leaders are every bit as tyrannical and despotic as any dictator - certainly Putin. If a poll was conducted that asked the question: 'Between Putin and BoJo - which of the two men do you trust the least and think is most likely to lie to you?' - my money's on BoJo winning that contest hands down!

Lastly, you write: "He [Trump] may tell the electorate anything to get elected, but his real actions later tell a different story." Can you name a politician of any political hue to whom this does not apply?! Also, one must distinguish between politicians who make a decent stab of doing what they say they'll do on the campaign trail prior to being elected and those that make no attempt whatsoever. At least Trump made an effort to do the things he said he would - even if he wasn't always successful.
Tim.
Putler had no intention of ousting Ukraine's leadership and taking over control.

In the first weeks, there were convoys of troops heading for the capital. Thankfully they were stopped in their tracks then driven out.

So that was obviously just a dummy attack to throw Ukrainians off the scent right !

Russia has achieved none of it's objectives. It totally miscalculated this Ukrainian escapade and is already paying a heavy price. It's so bad for them, that given enough time, I can see the complete disintegration of Russia as we know it. China just sitting back ready to take full advantage no doubt

Last edited:
Putler had no intention of ousting Ukraine's leadership and taking over control.
c_v,
That's my view, too: I was merely commenting on what joyny said.
In the first weeks, there were convoys of troops heading for the capital. Thankfully they were stopped in their tracks then driven out.
That's one of the many pieces of MSM propaganda that you choose to believe but we all know is completely untrue. Putin withdrew his forces in an act of good faith because there was a peace deal on the table which BoJo then scuppered. This is documented fact, with testimonies from highly credible people directly involved with the negotiations, including Davyd Arakhamia, leader of Ukraine's 'Servant of the People' party and Naftali Bennett, then Prime Minister of Israel.
So that was obviously just a dummy attack to throw Ukrainians off the scent right !

Russia has achieved none of it's objectives. It totally miscalculated this Ukrainian escapade and is already paying a heavy price. It's so bad for them, that given enough time, I can see the complete disintegration of Russia as we know it. China just sitting back ready to take full advantage no doubt
You can pretend all you want that Russia hasn't achieved any of its objectives just as you can pretend that night doesn't follow day, the Pope isn't Catholic and that bears don't poop in the woods. The facts speak for themselves and prove otherwise.

As for China, it has no interest in seeing Russia disintegrate as the country is an integral part of its 'Belt & Road' initiative. Russian disintegration serves U.S. and western interests only - not China's. I have to say c_v, I'm really rather shocked at just how poorly informed and/or misinformed you appear to be about what's going on geo-politically and who benefits from the conflagration in Ukraine.
Tim.

c_v,
That's my view, too: I was merely commenting on what joyny said.

That's one of the many pieces of MSM propaganda that you choose to believe but we all know is completely untrue. Putin withdrew his forces in an act of good faith because there was a peace deal on the table which BoJo then scuppered. This is documented fact, with testimonies from highly credible people directly involved with the negotiations, including Davyd Arakhamia, leader of Ukraine's 'Servant of the People' party and Naftali Bennett, then Prime Minister of Israel.

You can pretend all you want that Russia hasn't achieved any of its objectives just as you can pretend that night doesn't follow day, the Pope isn't Catholic and that bears don't poop in the woods. The facts speak for themselves and prove otherwise.

As for China, it has no interest in seeing Russia disintegrate as the country is an integral part of its 'Belt & Road' initiative. Russian disintegration serves U.S. and western interests only - not China's. I have to say c_v, I'm really rather shocked at just how poorly informed and/or misinformed you appear to be about what's going on geo-politically and who benefits from the conflagration in Ukraine.
Tim.
As usual, an answer for everything. All of them wrong.

Time for a history lesson. Now pay attention, i'll be testing you later !

c_v,
As usual, you have no response to the facts put to you: just more denial without any supporting evidence.

The sad thing is - you actually believe this nonsense.
I could understand it if you were someone who swallowed hook, line and sinker MSM propaganda on all the other hot topics du jour - but you don't. You're the first to call them out, along with the lies spewed out by government and their talking heads. Why oh why you have such a willful blind spot on this issue is truly bizarre. I can only think that you have some personal axe to grind with Putin - although I can't imagine what it could be - but that's the only plausible explanation. Your position on the war is totally inconsistent and incongruous with all your other views: you appear to be very conflicted - for which you have my sympathies - as that must make you feel very uncomfortable.
:rolleyes:

Dear CV,

Russia indeed has achieved its objectives and to some extent one could make a case to claim they have exceeded those objectives. Perhaps unintended achievements but never the less so they have succeeded.

To recap, Russia's influence ended back in 2014 with the typical US/UK interfering in politics and democracy of other nations. That was when the Russia friendly president Victor Yanukovich lost the elections and Petro Porosshenko took over.

It was Petro Poroshenko who changed the constitution to get Ukrain into NATO and EU back in 2019.

Zelensky came to power in 2019. I think it should be clear by now that Zelensky is in no way a political visionary leader at all but simply a puppet with the US middle finger up his rectum who was cultivated for this position.

Internal regional conflicts existed in Ukraine way before Russia organised the special operation. It was never an invasion force. Russian friendly electorate got dumped on pretty badly since 2014. Nazi battalion made up of... well nazis ofcourse. This is beyond dispute now. You don't hear people rising up in the Donbas region do you? They are pretty happy now. They didn't get up and leave seeking refugee status did they? They celebrated liberation from the Nazi battalion and getting pensions back.

Anyhow all this is small insiginificant info.

WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT is Ukraines desire to join NATO. I said it before, they had a chance to be neutral like Switzerland and say goodbye to wars and suffering. Instead they choose to become Uncle Sam's pit-bull. That ever expanding so called defensive NATO alliance. REALLY???

Russia said Ukraine joining NATO was a red-line. Enough diplomatic back chat took place and Russia piled on the military on the border warning the US and Ukraine. Did they listen???

This war is about NATO expansion and taking over Crimea, making Sivastopol within strike distance in a matter of seconds. Sivastopol is where Russsia has her main naval port. If anyone thinks this would be tolerated by any Nation let alone Russia adn her history with Crimea and Ukraine, they have got to be off their numbnut skulls, high on mushrooms. I guess that means you CV - if you think being a sovereign uncle sam fingered state makes it ok. ;)

So when it comes to objectives, do you see Ukraine joining NATO? No imo.

Does NATO have the stomach to take on Ukraine, like a suicide pill? No imo. Others may disagree. How much they are prepared to disagree will be demonstrated in deaths with body counts on both sides.

Thus, P1 objective achieved by Russia imo.

As for joining EU that was accepted by Russia. Stupide Zelensky should have walked away from Istanbul peace negotiations with a ticket to joining the EU and conceeded two regions, which were a headache to him anyway being Russia pro and peace could have prevailed.

As for the other consequences; US thought Ukraine would become another Afghanistan and bleed Russia. Well no it hasn't. On the contrary rise in gas prices and oil and grain are to the benefit of Russia and Russian gas despite US blowing up German supply lines still flowing via Ukraine.

Taking the international payment system hostage the US shot it self in the foot. Russia and China are in the process of establishing their own. Embargoes have had zero effect. Many countries and even US companies still trading with Russia.

Rise in energy prices have rocked Europe, UK to the benefit of US who now supply LNG but for how long remains to be seen.

With $32 Trillion debt and US creating friction in Ukraine, ME and possibly in Asia-Pacific, it remains to be seen how far they can dupe their people.

In fact US can not even attack Iran. Hitting small targets at a distance, because the technology allows it is one thing. But a direct war with Iran will totally sink the US. It'll be like the UK in the two WWars. Win the war and lose the Empire. So US is being damaged severely right now. Not just by Ukraine but also the atrocities committed by Israel it's command base for controlling ME oil. US has lost the plot. Long term damage has been done. Slow and quiet retreat is the best US can do.

Like Carson enough people are getting the truth which is ultimately seeping out such that Musk and Carlson are just two characters not afraid to speak out. More will follow. All this will then be washed under the carpet until Biden the senile moron becomes less significant than a mosquito.

I personally think the so called Western countries are fighting their own predicaments and decisions made thus far just making everything worse for their own citizens. Western democracy is screwed working for the interest of small pockets of elite individuals and companies. Mass people are being manipulated with lies and deceits, inaccuracies delivered to shape opinion without questioning facts. Can't see it getting better.

Skewed democracy leads to screwed outcomes. :unsure:

---------------------------------------------------
'David Cameron can "kiss my a**": Marjorie Taylor Greene and Republicans blast 'immature' British foreign secretary for comparing anti-Ukraine aid GOP members to Hitler's 'weak' appeasers in the 1930s
  • David Cameron implored Republicans not to obstruct additional military aid packages for Ukraine, equating such a move to the appeasement of Hitler
  • The Senate approved a $95 billion foreign aid package that will send over $60 billion to Ukraine and $14 billion to Israel
  • However, it faces an uncertain future in the House after Speaker Mike Johnson said he does not plan to bring it to the floor for a vote

Heart-stopping moment British, US, Canadian, Irish and Australian fighters storm frontline trenches 'killing 22 Russians' while being bombarded with suicide drones in mission that left Brit injured

One Russian ship upgraded to submarine': Ukraine mocks Putin after sinking warship off Crimea and releases footage showing sea drone attack and huge explosion

Last edited:
Britain prepares for conflict with Putin: Hundreds of army vehicles head to Poland to join NATO rehearsals for a response to Russian threat
  • Around 600 trucks were packed onto two vast cargo vessels bound for Europe

Ukraine troops 'are running out of or rationing ammo': White House warning as aid package remains blocked by Republicans
  • National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said US allies and adversaries were 'watching this closely'

Russian forces are buying up Elon Musk's Starlink satellite units from Arab countries in a bid to circumvent western sanctions, Ukraine intelligence claims

Last edited:
The art of vassalisation: How Russia’s war on Ukraine has transformed transatlantic relations

EU proposes sanctions on Chinese firms aiding Russian war effort

Beijing reacts to claim EU will target Chinese firms with Russia sanctions