Ukraine invasion

would not be surprised .... as every UK citizen knows, this country can demonstrate remarkable incompetence at times.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK tank shortage to last another 4 years as under 100 Challenger 2s are considered to be 'battle ready'
  • Fewer than 100 of the UK’s 227 Challenger 2 tanks are considered ‘battle ready’
  • Last night MPs attacked the lack of urgency surrounding the UK’s tank stocks
  • There are also no plans to repair scores of Challenger 2s as an interim measure

Putin addresses thousands of flag-waving Russians at rally celebrating Ukraine invasion anniversary - but many say they were FORCED to attend event
  • Tens of thousands of Russians today enthusiastically waved national flags
  • They chanted 'Russia' as Putin addressed the crowd of 'supporters' in Moscow

Millions of Russians are told to rush to air raid shelters due to imminent missile attack after radio stations are hacked
  • Emergency message came on many commercial stations in cities across Russia
  • Russians were told to 'go to shelters immediately' due to threat of attack in hack

Hungary's far-right Prime Minister Viktor Orban SNUBS Biden and Bucharest Nine meeting on president's final day in Warsaw after saying only Trump could end war in Ukraine
  • Hungary's far-right Prime Minister Viktor Orban is snubbing Wednesday's meeting in Warsaw with President Joe Biden and other Bucharest Nine leaders
  • Orban has been an outlier on the war in Ukraine, chiding the European Union for prolonging the conflict
  • In October, he named former President Donald Trump as the one person who could broker peace between the Russians and Ukrainians

The Majority of Crimeans Are Still Glad for Their Annexation

That's great to know, but I think it needs a little more context like:

The Majority of Crimeans Are Still Glad for Their Annexation​

April 3, 2020

I wonder what Crimeans think of it a couple of years later ...
The situation changed again in February 2022
Despite the fact that half of them expressed fears over voicing their real opinions in the face of new censorship laws in Russia, we were still able to capture their growing negativity and dissatisfaction with Russian politics and the Russian president — a dramatic shift from just eight years ago.
Amid the horror of Russia’s Ukraine invasion, many we spoke to placed the blame on Putin
A majority of them expressed strong worry that Putin is determined to continue the fight, even as the Kremlin has had to scale back its ambitions, shifting from quickly capturing most of the country to a grueling battle over the Donbas in the east. And to escape the growing global impacts of economic isolation and the strong likelihood of the war’s longevity, a third of those we interviewed are planning their move to Europe in the following months.

All part of Putin's ethnic cleansing program.

First you reduce the undesirables from prison by sending them as cannon fodder on the front.
Disproportionate recruiting of ethnic minorities mobilised from within Russia, sent on to Ukraine as more cannon fodder.
Putin's war in Ukraine is yet another form of ethnic/ identity cleansing.

Reznikov also made a point to say this latest wave of conscription "concerns residents of large Russian cities." Moscow and St. Petersburg have largely been shielded from the Kremlin's mobilization drives, while ethnic minorities in other Russian regions have been found to be disproportionately called up.

Biden administration may release intelligence that 'reveals China IS considering giving Putin weapons for the war in Ukraine:' Move comes ahead of US Secretary of State's address to UN Security Council today
  • U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in an interview with CBS News that China is seriously exploring supplying arms to Russia
  • He will address the United Nations Security Council at a meeting on Friday
  • The meeting marks one year since Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022

'Everything was on fire, I had to give birth with my hands over my ears. I was told my son could not survive... but he DID': Mothers of some of the 900 babies born in Ukraine since Putin invaded tell extraordinary stories of miracles among the carnage
  • Tomorrow is a year since Russia invaded Ukraine. But amid it all, life still begins
  • READ MORE: Fascinating images from Ukraine's capital in the 1990s reveal a joyful population... decades before Putin would begin his murderous war

Are the Germans already looking to ABANDON Ukraine? Huge protest this weekend - led by the far-Left and Kremlin apologists - will demand Berlin stops arming Kyiv... as polls show public support falling
  • German far-left politician launched 'manifesto for peace' earlier this month
  • Peace coalition has called on like-minded Germans to march this weekend

Off topic - but connected

China's naval fleet is growing and the US 'can't keep up' with the warship buildup as Beijing uses its sea power to project an 'increasingly aggressive military posture globally,' Navy Secretary warns
  • US Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro voiced concern in remarks on Wednesday
  • Said China has 340 active warships, compared to about 280 for the US Navy
  • Claimed US naval shipyards can't match the output of Chinese ones