Ukraine invasion

Because they are very naughty and mischievous. It sends a signal to the rest of the world....do not behave like Russia.

Ahha....we shall see. The West has left Russia, never to return. Brain drain will gather pace as the younger educated get out while they can.

They will tick along if they are lucky. EU have never been about free trade, more about protectionism.

Zelensky is ace. :)

Signal received is that the EU needs Russia more than the UK.

NATO is an offensive Western alliance.

Zelensky was a comedian and still is a comedian but a very rich one now.

The last two three decades of EU growth and wealth have been a consequence of good relations with Russia. We'll see how the EU copes in the next 10 to 20 years.
Russia was good for EU but unfortunatelly Putin decided to play the game of the Tzar.
Ukraine will be a good compensation for EU, it has untapped gas and is a great nuclear energy producer.
BTW Putin will be gone soon so it is useless to predict 10-20 years.
I prefer to be optimistic and think that Ukraine in EU will pave the way to Russia in EU.

Last edited:
Russia was good for EU but unfortunatelly Putin decided to play the game of the Tzar.
Ukraine will be a good compensation for EU, it has untapped gas and is a great nuclear energy producer.
I prefer to be optimistic and think that Ukraine in EU will pave the way to Russia in EU.

I agree and love your optimism :).

Russian strategic defense and security will not change with Putin's replacement.

If you can bring your self to visualise what US reaction might be to Mexico and Canada joining an alliance with Russia or China then you might reasonably re-evaluate Russian response with a more credible and deserving approach.

Good post though. Love it. One of your best, full of hope and good stuff. :)

CV,
Do you remember back along I challenged you to a little wager involving 1oz of 999 silver (which will cost the loser a max' of €50), but you declined to take me up on it because you don't believe the stuff you post? Well, let me try again with another one. I bet you the same 1 oz 999 silver that Putin will remain in office as President of Russia longer than Zelensky will remain in office as President of Ukraine. And that's for whatever reason: resignation, coup or assassination etc. One caveat: if either leader flees their country for any reason - but continues to act as president in exile - then, under the terms of the wager, that counts as him leaving office. What do you say, do we have a deal?
Tim.

Russian strategic defense and security will not change with Putin's replacement.
Compare Eltsin policies to Putin.
Everything can change very much and very fast.
In 2002 ther was a partnership between NATO and Russia.
You have to try to go beyond cold war logic.
We need a multipolar world, when you blame NATO you are mostly blaming US.
In the last 20 years NATO expanded but weapons were withdrawn from Europe so the expansion was defensive not offensive.
NATO is an insurance for small countries not to be bullied by big ones.
NATO is the main reason we don not have a war between Greece and Turkey today.

Last edited:
Compare Eltsin policies to Putin.
Everything can change very much and very fast.
In 2002 ther was a partnership between NATO and Russia.
You have to try to go beyond cold war logic.
We need a multipolar world, when you blame NATO you are mostly blaming US.
In the last 20 years NATO expanded but weapons were withdrawn from Europe so the expansion was defensive not offensive.
NATO is an insurance for small countries not to be bullied by big ones.
NATO is the main reason we don not have a war between Greece and Turkey today.

The Balkans are always a hot point. Whether it's Serbia or Kosova, Greece or Turkey no matter.

NATO will not matter imo. Not desirable but not unthinkable either.

Disputes within families are common place.

EU is a little lost and lacks authority.

US always favours war that's for sure.

More nonsense.

Zelensky was on TV only last week warning Ukrainians, Troops, and Officials not to divulge information to the press regarding operations in Ukraine. The timing of his update clearly coincided with the operation at the Air Base in Crimea.

The explosions in the vids were simultaneous, which strongly suggests that this operation was enacted from the ground.

Does Ukraine have it's own SAS? Maybe now they are getting further training from the UK and others and Crimea was their largest success.

I doubt it will be the last.

Btw, there have been all kinds of sabotage actions across the border inside Russia.

Maybe the Ukrainians assisted in those too.
More of the same.
Even Putin is calling it sabotage.

Ukrainians becoming very good at these special ops taking out supply lines, munitions dumps, air bases, high value Russian assets. Logistics pinch points, bridges etc.
Who needs to fight a war of attrition against dumb tanks when you can simply disrupt supply, reduce moral which in turn will lead to Russian forces surrendering, or going home in wooden boxes.

Brian should phone Putin.
They can commiserate together.

Exact.
Ukraine cannot paly the game of traditional artillery, they are outgunned by a factor of 10.
So they have to play another game: spec ops, precision strikes, quality over quantity.
In the first month they learned that the weak spot of Russia is supply so they bet on that.

Exact.
Ukraine cannot paly the game of traditional artillery, they are outgunned by a factor of 10.
So they have to play another game: spec ops, precision strikes, quality over quantity.
In the first month they learned that the weak spot of Russia is supply so they bet on that.
Great for Ukrainian moral. Like we have been saying from the very start, Russia cannot possibly win against a nation with this much resolve.

Brenda from Bristol seems surprised at Ukraine's special ops success.

PROD-Brenda-from-Bristol.jpg

Belarus better watch out, there are lots of Ukrainian sympathisers across the border !

The point is bringing Russia to apoint where continuing the war will be extremely inconvenient end stupid.
After a quarter the balance will be something like:
"ok we conquered 10 villages (in ruins) but we lost 3 military bases, a dozen of planes, some generals and a dozen of radars and anti air systems"

Zelensky tells Crimeans not to go anywhere near the military bases.

We know why don't we folks ! :ROFLMAO:

For us to expel the occupiers from Ukraine, every day must make it more and more difficult for Russia to wage a war - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy​

16 August 2022 - 22:09

For us to expel the occupiers from Ukraine, every day must make it more and more difficult for Russia to wage a war - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Ukrainians!
Every day and every night we see new reports of explosions in the territory temporarily occupied by the occupiers. I am now asking all our people in Crimea, in other regions in the south of the country, in the occupied areas of Donbas, in the Kharkiv region to be very careful. Please do not approach the military objects of the Russian army and all those places where they store ammunition and equipment, where they keep their headquarters.
The reasons for the explosions in the occupied territory can be different, very different, in particular, I quote the definition of the occupiers themselves, "bungling".
But they all have the same meaning: the destruction of the occupiers' logistics, their ammunition, military and other equipment, command posts saves the lives of our people. The fewer opportunities the occupiers have to do evil and kill Ukrainians, the sooner we will be able to end this war by liberating our land. And the queue these days to leave Crimea for Russia across the bridge proves that the absolute majority of citizens of the terrorist state already understand or at least feel that Crimea is not a place for them.
And I want to thank all Ukrainians who help our Armed Forces, our intelligence, our special services weaken the army of the occupiers. This is a significant advantage of Ukraine and the root cause of our future victory - the struggle of our defenders is based on the unconditional support of the Ukrainian people. This is a people's war of liberation, this is an all-Ukrainian struggle for freedom and independence for our country.
Ukraine is protected by millions in one way or another. Millions of people who fight at the front, who fight for their cities and villages, including in the occupation, who stopped the occupiers' military equipment, who informed and inform our intelligence and special services, who oppose the occupiers in their rear, who ensure the necessary supplies for Ukraine and the work of all our state institutions and economy, who volunteer, who fight for our interests abroad, who fight in the information war.
And we have to do - and will do - everything to preserve this nationwide foundation of defense.
For the support of Ukraine in the world not to decrease and for our state to move towards victory, our own activity should not decrease either - the activity of absolutely everyone who in one way or another stood up for the defense of our state. Do everything, as you have been doing, for Ukraine. And even more, because the leadership of Russia expects that Ukrainians, Europeans and the whole world will get tired of this war. We must do everything so that it is not us or our friends and partners who get tired, but our enemy. For us to expel the occupiers from Ukraine, every day must make it more and more difficult for Russia to wage a war - this is our number one military-political task.
I spoke today with President of France Emmanuel Macron. I informed him about the situation around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant and regular Russian provocations. I thanked him for the great support. In particular, Mr. President and I have discussed new security and macro-financial assistance to our state.
I also held talks with the Prime Minister of Denmark. Also about increasing financial support for Ukraine, about new sanctions against Russia. I thanked Mrs. Frederiksen for the defense assistance and for the fruitful conference in Copenhagen which recently agreed on concrete decisions for our defense.
For the first time in the history of our bilateral relations, I held talks with the President of Zambia. Cooperation in international organizations, food security and current global threats were discussed.
Ban Ki-moon, the eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations, and Juan Manuel Santos, ex-President of Colombia, visited Ukraine today. The main topic of conversation with them is security guarantees for Ukraine.
We are doing everything to form a military, political and legal security architecture for Ukraine, which will be real, effective and work in the long term, guaranteeing peace to our people.
The Russian army continued its absolutely senseless and brutal shelling of the cities of the Zaporizhzhia and Dnipropetrovsk regions - Orikhiv, Nikopol... Unfortunately, there are wounded, unfortunately, there are casualties. Shelling of Kharkiv and the border areas continues. But all this will not give anything to the occupiers and will not break our resistance.
Our heroes repel constant and very powerful attacks in Donbas. The occupiers use everything there: aviation, missiles, phosphorus bombs, artillery... Very fierce battles are going on.
We have to go through it, endure everything and gain life. Ukraine must win, and it will.
Today I signed the decree on awarding our defenders. 189 warriors were awarded state awards. 158 are National Guard servicemen, 21 of them were awarded posthumously. 26 border guards, two of them posthumously. Three police officers, two of them posthumously. Two employees of the State Customs Service, one of them posthumously.
Eternal memory to all those who gave their lives for Ukraine!
Eternal glory to all our heroes!
Glory to Ukraine!