Ukraine invasion

Is Ukraine bombing town centers, schools hospitals?
Not from my info, Russia is doing it.
This is reality, not conspiracies about nazi mutants, lizards ruling the world....

Stop changing the subject. Where did you get the figure you quoted: 10 Ukrainian war crimes Vs 1000 Russia war crimes?

It's a simple question.

So if you are a soldier and you hide in a urban area you are a war criminal....
Maybe but my common sense tells me that the criminal is the other sodiers that is shelling the town from safe distance to kill me.

It's a simple question.
Simple answer.
Look to the destruction in Mariupol and Karkhiv and it is pretty easy to define the scale of war crimes.
Every army commits war crimes but not every army commits sistematic mass destruction of civilian structures.

So if you are a soldier and you hide in a urban area you are a war criminal....
Maybe but my common sense tells me that the criminal is the other sodiers that is shelling the town from safe distance to kill me.

I don't make the rules. Your avoidance in aswering a simple question means you fabricated it, you lied, you made it up, you are using bullshit to support your anti-Russia propaganda. Something you no doubt learned from the MSM you follow. Your whole argument is nothing more than an opinion.

R_L,
This is old ground that has been covered extensively earlier in the thread. You need to distinguish between protecting one's national interest and having imperialist/expansionist policies. You can't argue that the west only undertakes the former while that nasty man Putin and Russia are solely engaged in the latter. Either both sides are merely protecting their respective national interest or both sides have imperialist ambitions. You decide. Either way, it renders your argument null and void.
Tim.
Of course countries try to protect their national interest. But one particular country seems to be trying to form the "New.S.S.R."
And that is a big problem for for the victim countries.

Nailed!
"National interest"...
I don't think 1000 foreign companies leaving Russia is in national interest.
It is more about personal imperial dreams of Mr Putin.
@timsk is right about polls, you can prove what you want with polls.
So despite 70-80% of people supporting Putin in polls what matters is brain drain, hundreds thousands of business men and young professionals leaving Russia.

Nailed!
"National interest"...
I don't think 1000 foreign companies leaving Russia is in national interest.
It is more about personal imperial dreams of Mr Putin.
@timsk is right about polls, you can prove what you want with polls.
So despite 70-80% of people supporting Putin in polls what matters is brain drain, hundreds thousands of business men and young professionals leaving Russia.

Who is leaving Russia?

If businesses located in Russia it was to make money.

They are leaving a lucrative market for other players to move in.

If they are leaving now it is because the West is shooting herself in the foot. Leaving a growing and well educated young market place.

Where will they go? To other saturated markets with high operating costs.

Dollar is on the way out. Clear to most people.

What will US achieve with Taiwan? Open another front, another war. Russia and China and Asian tigers will bleed US dry. Couldn't do much in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan. Incapable. Just a killing machine with big weapons and printing press for the global currency.

This is going much like the British Empire. Heavy handed tactics caused her to lose India and America. US needs soft diplomacy but to ask cowboys to perform diplomacy is like asking a druggie to lay of the coke. Head up it's own self congratuating arse so far up can't see daylight. So it'll keep doing what it does until it knocks it self out.

As for freaking personal imperial dreams, you guys are so fecking desperate, you print articles back from June and now some MA students outdated hypothesis as some kind of expert and make the assertion Russia's foreign policy is based on it.

Honestly, you are all laughable with your deniability oof the facts on the ground and developments on the international arena. You all should travel more.

You know get out and meet people.

Say hello.

Catch some fresh air.

Enjoy foreign food and cultures.

Go East my fwiends. The future awaits beautiful new dawn. :)

:love:

Of course countries try to protect their national interest. But one particular country seems to be trying to form the "New.S.S.R."
And that is a big problem for for the victim countries.
You appear to have missed the (very important) point of my post, R_L. To repeat, you can't accuse Russia of pursuing imperialist/expansionist goals on the one hand while, on the other hand, claim that the west is merely protecting it's national interest. Either both sides are doing one or both sides are doing the other. Either way, they cancel each other out, making your point null and void.

Just to underline the point - if, as appears to be the case, you think Putin won't stop at Ukraine if he wins the war then, by the same token, you have to accept that Nato has been pursuing - and will continue to pursue - its expansionist policy from every which way around Russia's borders and generally making a thorough nuisance of itself. Nato is every bit as much the problem here as Putin.
Tim.

Last edited:
You appear to have missed the (very important) point of my post, R_L. To repeat, you can't accuse Russia of pursuing imperialist/expansionist goals on the one hand while, on the other hand, claim that the west is merely protecting it's national interest. Either both sides are doing one or both sides are doing the other. Either way, they cancel each other out, making your point null and void.

Just to underline the point - if, as appears to be the case, you think Putin won't stop at Ukraine if he wins the war then, by the same token, you have to accept that Nato has been pursuing - and will continue to pursue - its expansionist policy from every which way around Russia's borders and generally make a thorough nuisance of itself. Nato is every bit as much the problem here as Putin.
Tim.

Ukraine is protecting it's national interest. Europe and the collective West are enabling Democratic Ukraine to defend itself. All European countries bordering Russia are nervous. Russia has form and the bordering countries know this all too well. Everyone has had it with Russia. This time it's for real. The collective have spoken and are prepared to back that up with action. There is no faltering, Russia has gone backwards maybe 40 years and will remain in that position for as long as it takes to clear out the old thinking and get with the program.

Nato is only expanding membership because of Putin. No other reason.

Who is leaving Russia?

If businesses located in Russia it was to make money.

They are leaving a lucrative market for other players to move in.

If they are leaving now it is because the West is shooting herself in the foot. Leaving a growing and well educated young market place.

Where will they go? To other saturated markets with high operating costs.

Dollar is on the way out. Clear to most people.

What will US achieve with Taiwan? Open another front, another war. Russia and China and Asian tigers will bleed US dry. Couldn't do much in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan. Incapable. Just a killing machine with big weapons and printing press for the global currency.

This is going much like the British Empire. Heavy handed tactics caused her to lose India and America. US needs soft diplomacy but to ask cowboys to perform diplomacy is like asking a druggie to lay of the coke. Head up it's own self congratuating arse so far up can't see daylight. So it'll keep doing what it does until it knocks it self out.

As for freaking personal imperial dreams, you guys are so fecking desperate, you print articles back from June and now some MA students outdated hypothesis as some kind of expert and make the assertion Russia's foreign policy is based on it.

Honestly, you are all laughable with your deniability oof the facts on the ground and developments on the international arena. You all should travel more.

You know get out and meet people.

Say hello.

Catch some fresh air.

Enjoy foreign food and cultures.

Go East my fwiends. The future awaits beautiful new dawn. :)

:love:

Crackpot post. I'm running a survey of nonsense posts. Trouble is....there's no clear leader as each of you are raising the stakes daily. Fascinating to watch....keep it up !

externalGovernor: Russian army command leaves Kherson.
According to Mykolaiv Oblast Governor Vitaliy Kim, the Russian army command has been moving to the left bank of the Dnipro River. Earlier, Ukraine reported that it hit a bridge over the Nova Kakhovka dam in Kherson Oblast, thereby preventing Russian forces from easily crossing the river splitting the occupied Kherson Oblast in half.

All going exactly to plan.
Hit them behind the lines, take out munitions dumps, cut off escape routes and supply corridors. Top brass run away first, then mop up the leaderless cannon fodder. Putin will be having nightmares right about now.

There is no faltering, Russia has gone backwards maybe 40 years and will remain in that position for as long as it takes to clear out the old thinking and get with the program.
I am not so pessimist, look to the collapse of the USSR.
Putin regime will collapse in the same way.
Present Russia is already a constitutional democracy, not a communist country anymore.
Once you remove Putin and his friends you can have something like Poland in few years.
There is a reputational damage but look to Germany after WW2 , super fast recovery.

I am not so pessimist, look to the collapse of the USSR.
Putin regime will collapse in the same way.
Present Russia is already a constitutional democracy, not a communist country anymore.
Once you remove Putin and his friends you can have something like Poland in few years.
There is a reputational damage but look to Germany after WW2 , super fast recovery.

Over the course of time, it could splinter further. As the neighbouring countries finally achieve true independence without Russian interference, so regions inside Russia may follow suit. Who knows !

70 , 80 or 81% I think we got the point...
What people sey, what peole do and what people think are different things.
We cannot know the thoughts of russians but actions are visible, russians are leaving the country.

Mostly Georgia but also Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Please deliver sources, all Russians I know who were leaving anytime before tried to go to Western Europe.
--------------------------
Since February 1st I have a new collegue from Ukraine, and the first wise step was to bring the mother to Germany when the invasion started. Everybody accepted the "special vacations" for that.
If I will ever meet him personally, I will have some questions how the Ukrainians were ripped off by Microsoft, the last employee in Ukraine.