UK/US Equity Traders - Which charting software do you use ???

s50cam

Hi all

I'm a UK based investor who trades UK and US equities. I use IG and Interactive Brokers predominantly for execution.

I'm looking for a chart software package that covers all US and UK equities. I'm currently using Sharescope which are great for UK and have most US but not many of the small caps.

Would be great to hear from any others on here and who they use ?

TIA

Hi all

I'm a UK based investor who trades UK and US equities. I use IG and Interactive Brokers predominantly for execution.

I'm looking for a chart software package that covers all US and UK equities. I'm currently using Sharescope which are great for UK and have most US but not many of the small caps.

Would be great to hear from any others on here and who they use ?

TIA
IG's basic charts (free) are excellent and naturally cover all the instruments they offer. If you are not a chartophile and don't need volume (easily got elsewhere) they can be all you need for successful trading. If you want to make things really complicated with loads of indicators and lines all over your chart then their advanced charts meet that requirement admirably. You can of course pay loads of money to get something else to do the same job.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes IG would be ok but I have the same issue as Sharescope in that they don't offer many of the smaller companies on the US exchanges.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes IG would be ok but I have the same issue as Sharescope in that they don't offer many of the smaller companies on the US exchanges.

that's interesting – one of the reasons I use IG is because of the wide range of instruments they offer. However, I only trade the SP 500 constituents so it's never been a problem. Have you tried asking them if they're willing to broaden their scope?

I don't really use IG for US due to their costs relative to Interactive Brokers.

They're great for high dollar stocks >$50 as you pay per share but the commission on smaller stocks, sub $25 and especially lower than this works out very expensive to Interactive's 5pts.

It depends how much u want to spend on charting and trading tool. A year ago i bought the agena trader and since then i dont want to miss it.

Last edited:
Ts

Tradestation is the best for me and I like the quality of there data.

Attachments

• Gold_26-10-2014.png
    Gold_26-10-2014.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 334
  • ESmini_28-10-2014.png
    ESmini_28-10-2014.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 275