UK Resident Demo-Account/Data Feed Provider

JoshTrader

5 0
Hey

So i am looking to paper trade stocks (so no fx, options, futures etc...) primarily micro-cap but i can't find any free data feeds online (plenty of £50-200 a month though).

I have downloaded NinjaTrader as i believe this is one of the few platforms to offer a free platform without a brokerage account but in terms of a reliable data feed i am yet to find anything.

A good option would have been E*Trade or TDameritrade account but they don't offer UK residents paper accounts any more.

The best solution i have seen is the End-Of-Day data by Kinetick but even is not real-time so not helpful. I haven't even seen any mention of available T/S, Level 2 for Sim Accounts.

In Summary:
What is the best Trading Platform and Market Data Feed a UK resident can obtain for a Demo/Paper-Account?

Found this:
http://www.firstspreads.com/free-level-2 Haven't gone through the sign up process yet but i'm hoping i will be able to take the level 2 feed and import it to Ninja or use their bespoke software.

I'll keep researching.

Last edited:

JoshTrader

5 0
Interactive Broker looks good with their TWS platform, but i need to have a live account in order to play paper account which will cost upwards of £2k for the minimum deposit.

I intend to open up an account with them anyway eventually so i wonder if it is worth letting the money sit while i demo.

So i have set up NT7 with the Kinetick feed and can view some bluechip stocks on a daily chart, but i can't seem to find other stock exchanges such as FTSE or OTCBB, can i get those on the Kinetick feed?

I found that there are level 2s on NT7 but it's seems that the trades of the day haven't been saved so i cant view them, is there a way to save it so i can review the tape after market hours?

I'll continue to look at other platforms.

Looked at http://tradingsimulation.com/tsimlite/ which seems good if you want index or forex trading, the rest, again needs an IB account.

Last edited:

JoshTrader

5 0
NT7 is a very clunky platform to use in my opinion, so i am looking for alternatives.

The SureTrader Demo is a little nicer so i'll be using that for only 7 days, as i believe this is a trial like account.

Edit: The spreads are ridiculous on this demo, are these actual quoted prices or a simulation?
i have around $7000 on pre-market orders and have automatically a -$3000 of unrealised, due to the spread. I can't use this if this is the case, not realistic.

Last edited:

JoshTrader

5 0
I am using the SureTrader Trading Software w/Demo Account and i try to put a Limit @ $X for a Short of a stock.
For a random reason it instantly executes and i am down 2K.

Hmm seems odd, i try again making sure everything is in order, click, down 5k.

Safe to say i won't be using this software for real, this is why testing with demo accounts is so important. The general UI as well is clunky and ancient Win2000 throwback.

I will be moving on to the eSignal 30-day trial in a couple day so i can give feedback to how it is.

If anyone wants to give a hand instead of me just chasing my tail trying to find a reliable Demo-Account that a UK resident can use then that would probably save me a lot of time.

Hate2Lose

155 3
Hey

So i am looking to paper trade stocks (so no fx, options, futures etc...) primarily micro-cap but i can't find any free data feeds online (plenty of £50-200 a month though).

I have downloaded NinjaTrader as i believe this is one of the few platforms to offer a free platform without a brokerage account but in terms of a reliable data feed i am yet to find anything.

A good option would have been E*Trade or TDameritrade account but they don't offer UK residents paper accounts any more.

The best solution i have seen is the End-Of-Day data by Kinetick but even is not real-time so not helpful. I haven't even seen any mention of available T/S, Level 2 for Sim Accounts.

In Summary:
What is the best Trading Platform and Market Data Feed a UK resident can obtain for a Demo/Paper-Account?

Found this:
http://www.firstspreads.com/free-level-2 Haven't gone through the sign up process yet but i'm hoping i will be able to take the level 2 feed and import it to Ninja or use their bespoke software.

I'll keep researching.
Micro-cap, I think you’ll struggle.

I know CFD/SB firms do demo accounts. Accendo markets, ig markets etc. Not sure if they’ll have small caps though, but worth a look.

I think you could probably open a live account with one of these guys and pay the ten quid (around that price) for the feeds though. Anyway, let me know what you find. I doubt you’ll find anything free, probably costs them to have the feed – particularly if smaller cap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock