UK oil stocks

bosra

hi , just set up a discussion thread for Uk oil stocks like vpc, bur, dnx, bp or tlw etc..discuss whats moving the the oil sector and the share price of your stock on a daily basis, different ways to trade ( cfd vs shares), strategy for the short term or long term etc. . http://ukoilshares.blogspot.com/index.html

Congrats on your timing...

bosra said:
thanks for that Sam...Do you day trade stocks in this sector ?

Bosra I'm keeping a close eye on PMO, DNX and IEC

I think you picked the right timeframe to post - now things get interesting :D

hi

I tend to trade VPC, BUR and DNX..the close over 58 tonight sets us up for a nice rally tomorrow..heard some traders @ nymex talk about buying this thing up over 60. a few closes over 58 needed to give that confidence to sustain rallies..have been selling any run ups this week as i havent been convinced by the strength..either as the market considering the sell off today..Do you trade for yourself? or are you working for a firm?

Hook Shot said:
Bosra I'm keeping a close eye on PMO, DNX and IEC

I think you picked the right timeframe to post - now things get interesting :D

bosra said:
hi

I tend to trade VPC, BUR and DNX..the close over 58 tonight sets us up for a nice rally tomorrow..heard some traders @ nymex talk about buying this thing up over 60. a few closes over 58 needed to give that confidence to sustain rallies..have been selling any run ups this week as i havent been convinced by the strength..either as the market considering the sell off today..Do you trade for yourself? or are you working for a firm?

I dabble sometimes with decent outcomes .... sometines not.... such is life!

I'm still wary of oil short term........perhaps as you are ... but the stox look set for some action.

My primitive view is that vpc, dnx and bur are vulnerable to some positive sentiment. (see RSI etc) ... I know Schroders have not given up on the oil story... judging from views of Andy Brough the star mananger... and by their actions. Merrills came out in favour of Dana too yesterday.

With shares darting to new swing lows it's time to sit up and take notice - IMO.

For the long view I like AFR but it's getting away from me a bit - but with X Opec boss onboard they can't be a bad bet .... :idea:

Good 2 Meet You

HS

Guys - interesting comments. Have just gone short oil on the basis of the chart attached: target back at the $52 level (June contract). If this fails, then a move up towards $62/3 looks likely.

Attachments

• June oil.jpg
    June oil.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 334
Nice to meet you too Hook shot..

Hi Jack.. what sort of time frame are you looking at oil to move back to 52?

Jack o'Clubs said:
Guys - interesting comments. Have just gone short oil on the basis of the chart attached: target back at the $52 level (June contract). If this fails, then a move up towards $62/3 looks likely.

bosra said:
Hi Jack.. what sort of time frame are you looking at oil to move back to 52?
Eyeballing the chart, looks like late February, but I'm relaxed if it takes longer. That assumes it doesn't carry on up to the 60's.

A bit of a sell off going on in base metals this morning..Will be interesting to see if there is a recovery on the back of NFP data..if not, downbeat sentiment may spill into oil and return the focus to the bearish fundamentals ( namely adequate stocks)..

Jack o'Clubs said:
Eyeballing the chart, looks like late February, but I'm relaxed if it takes longer. That assumes it doesn't carry on up to the 60's.